Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes they did blow it after the Rookie pitched seven no hit innings . Bull pen gives another away.

I would've left PonceDeleon in until he gave up a hit. Had he Pitched a 9 Inning No Hitter, that would've one of the best stories of the year after what he went through. Still great to see him Pitch so well in his debut. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would've left PonceDeleon in until he gave up a hit. Had he Pitched a 9 Inning No Hitter, that would've one of the best stories of the year after what he went through. Still great to see him Pitch so well in his debut. 

He was at 116 pitches already , no way he finishes the game .

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Schildt was channeling Dave Roberts

The injuries are very concerning for the Cubs, 2 key one's are Kris Bryant's shoulder and Brandon Morrow being out. Bryant has missed the last 2 games vs Arizona. Bryant was supposed to be back Friday at St Louis but now it's Doubtful. He injured the shoulder a while back and the shoulder is bothering him when he tries to extend on his swing. One reason why his power numbers are down this season. He's likely to play the rest of the season and just deal with the pain but as of now it looks like Maddon will be giving him alot of days off here and there. Off season surgery on the shoulder isn't even out of the question per Maddon. Regarding Morrow, his injury is a mystery (it is a supposed back injury) and nobody knows when he will be back. Morrow is currently on the DL.

-I will say this no other fans should complain about key injuries because when healthy, Bryant is our best player and Morrow our best Reliever. Cubs are just playing through these key injuries and finding ways to win.

On 7/24/2018 at 9:18 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Probably not but it still would've been cool to see him get a chance to try for it. The BullPen flubbed it up anyway - but that is looking at it in hindsight.

I thought they did really well :) I really enjoyed how they did that night

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great day to be a Cubs fan, Cubs win and the Brewers, Pirates, and Cards all lost. Cubs now up 2.5 on the Brewers again, 7 over the Pirates, and 8.5 on the Cards in the NL Central. Cubs currently have the best record in the NL at 59-42 through 101 games. Fly the flag Hozer.

You're welcome I was at the game today first Win I been to since NLDS Game 2 of 2016 vs. Giants

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Bote ties it, Rizzo finishes it!!!!!WHAT AN AMAZING FINISH!!!!! Man I LOVE baseball!!!!!:rock:

D822BBF1-5B7F-4296-AB0B-9FA7B456C1B2.jpeg

Yeah we didn't play well in this series but still managed 2-2. It looked Bad there for a while but another comeback happened. Now we are 3 games ahead of the Brewers. They play at SF later tonight.

45 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Looks like the Cubs could be adding Cole Hamels to the Pitching Staff

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has had a Good career but has struggled a bit this season. 

You probably would not have to give up too much and he could win some games for you down the stretch in pressure games. He does have a championship with the Phillies, right?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You probably would not have to give up too much and he could win some games for you down the stretch in pressure game. He does have a championship with the Phillies, right?

Yes

the report said that if(when) the deal is done it for mid level prospects and the Rangers will help pay the salary

Hearing more rumors that the Hamels deal is very close

I am hearing that Myrtle Beach Pitcher Rollie Lacy was scratched from his start tonight

Early info form Joel Sherman and Ken Rosenthal this news from Patrick Mooney and the Chicago Cubs Nation Twitter site

ESPN also had some info

Archived