Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this, last night was tough to watch. The Cards played a thing of beauty. Carpenter was awesome!

I didn't get to watch either game , got todays set to record. Tried to talk a friend at work into joining the Forum and our thread. Hes a Reds fan , but much like us a great fan of the game.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jay Kirk said:

I think if they win 75% of them we are in good shape still around 2 and a half months yet to play . One Key player goes down it could make a big difference . Seen the Cards pass the Reds in Sept behind them 8 games . I do agree 7.5 is comfortable right now . Lets see what August brings and the trade deadline.

Yeah these next 6 games will be telling. If you can win at least 4 of them that puts the Cards 5.5 back which isn't a huge lead by the Cubs. The Cards also still play the Cubs 3 times in September. So I know it's not over, I am just excited in the position we are in now. 

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I didn't get to watch either game , got todays set to record. Tried to talk a friend at work into joining the Forum and our thread. Hes a Reds fan , but much like us a great fan of the game.

You would've been real happy watching that game yesterday. Cards simply destroyed us. Carpenter was a machine and they weren't making silly error's. At 1 point it was 15-1 Cards. It always scares me when we play the Cards because they have 3 or 4 guys that can Homer at any time lmao. Everytime Molina, Pham, or Carpenter come up, I am like here it goes haha 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You would've been real happy watching that game yesterday. Cards simply destroyed us. Carpenter was a machine and they weren't making silly error's. At 1 point it was 15-1 Cards. It always scares me when we play the Cards because they have 3 or 4 guys that can Homer at any time lmao. Everytime Molina, Pham, or Carpenter come up, I am like here it goes haha 

Gyrko and Martinez and Ozuna very capable as well. Lets not forget Dejong

19 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Tried to talk a friend at work into joining the Forum and our thread. Hes a Reds fan , but much like us a great fan of the game.

What did he decide? Tell him we are waiting to tell him "Welcome aboard".

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And now the Cards are going to win game two. What you expect on DH days. 

Tough to sweep a double header against a good team. Carpenter is on a tear as well. When I chatted with Jay I said we would split, I was right. Cards are still 7.5 games back. They haven't gained any ground all weekend as the teams have split 2-2 so far. I guess we will see in game 5 what will happen in the rubber match? 

Huge win, Cubs take series 3-2 over the Cards. We just beat a Good team that has a very dangerous lineup that was on fire 3 games to 2. Cards are now 8.5 back and Brewers are 3.5 back after their loss today. 

NL Central Standings as of July 22nd

Cubs 58-40

BrewCrew 56-45 (3.5 back)

Pirates 51-49 (8 back)

Cards 50-49 (8.5 back)

-Lets face it folks the Cubs just rule. Hozer fly that flag baby! Turn out the lights the party is over :banana:. I honestly think this was the biggest win of the year because the Cards are dangerous and had they won they would've been full of confidence. The difference between 6.5 and 8.5 is alot. I would put the Cards lineup against anyone's and we held them to 2 Runs today in a huge game.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, Jay Kirk said:

Fact and mismanaging Matheny was a pro at it. Bull pen had some key players injured . The errors drive me up the wall.

I can say that weekend was an embarrassment to Cardinal baseball that I know. So many innings extended and just poor fundamentals in the infield. It's almost unrecognizable. Your bats are red hot and a good outing here and there but I don't know if their issues are fixable at this point in the season or with the guys you have. You can't hit the ball any better than you have been for the most part but you guys beat yourselves a couple of those games this weekend. There is talent there...too much to be a 500 team....whether it was Matheny or what I don't see you guys making a move given so many teams ahead of you and no real answer to your problems easily fixable. I'm sure they will get it fixed...good thing all those errors happened in Chicago or the boo birds would have been in full force on those kids. Good luck the rest of the way!

NY Yankees might have to make a big move given their play as of late. Very lucky the Mets didn't hurt them more than they did. Team is fading in the division and could be set up for a 1 and done situation against Seattle or Oakland. It would be a disgrace if they don't make it into a post-season series given their talent. I don't know who but they have to just about be in panic mode if they fall further behind. They may have the bats to win in a long series but a one game playoff....just takes one good pitching night or hitting. I'd expect big moves on their part.

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

NY Yankees might have to make a big move given their play as of late. Very lucky the Mets didn't hurt them more than they did. Team is fading in the division and could be set up for a 1 and done situation against Seattle or Oakland. It would be a disgrace if they don't make it into a post-season series given their talent. I don't know who but they have to just about be in panic mode if they fall further behind. They may have the bats to win in a long series but a one game playoff....just takes one good pitching night or hitting. I'd expect big moves on their part.

Yeah if you don't win your Division it puts a team in a tough predicament having to play a 1 game elimination. As of now I see the Red Sox winning that Division.

-Meanwhile the Cubs are laying a fat egg tonight down 6-0 vs the D-Backs. We had a very successful weekend thank God and have a nice lead in the Division but when we lose, we really lose!

Cards just lost to the Reds 2-1 so even if we lose we will remain 8.5 ahead of them. Pirates looking like they are going to win their 10th straight as they are up 7-0 over the Indians. Pirates making a little push but would still be 7 back with a win. Brewers are up 3-1 on the Nats in the 6th Inning. With a win they would gain a game but still would be 2.5 back and 4 back in the loss column.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs went down 7-1 tonight. I don't know what is about the 1st Inning but teams seem to score on us in the 1st alot.

Farrell got rocked....that said our position players that pitched didn't give up a run! Maybe we should start one of them instead of the poor starting pitching we've been getting. Great job to Rizzo and Caratini for showing how it's done. At least the fans that stayed got to have a nice moment lol.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards just lost to the Reds 2-1 so even if we lose we will remain 8.5 ahead of them. Pirates looking like they are going to win their 10th straight as they are up 7-0 over the Indians. Pirates making a little push but would still be 7 back with a win. Brewers are up 3-1 on the Nats in the 6th Inning. With a win they would gain a game but still would be 2.5 back and 4 back in the loss column.

Yes they did blow it after the Rookie pitched seven no hit innings . Bull pen gives another away.

Archived