Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

30 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I havent, thats why I was hoping maybe someone here had. My plan is to hit up those ones this year. And outside of Cubs, Great American is fun and Citi Field looked nice inside

My sister went to Fenway and Wrigley last year. She liked both. I am the baseball fan in the family and I have not been to either of them. 

I hear Camden Yards is fantastic.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to Anthony Rizzo speaking at the vigil in Parkland, FL. That high school where those folks were shot is his alma mater. He went there to support the community. He is a class act. I would give up almost any player on the Mets for him. He reminds me of David Wright.

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I listened to Anthony Rizzo speaking at the vigil in Parkland, FL. That high school where those folks were shot is his alma mater. He went there to support the community. He is a class act. I would give up almost any player on the Mets for him. He reminds me of David Wright.

No Se Vende!!!!! :P

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, NFLfan said:

Hes a class act been thru so much and overcome in life . It seems he has a greater appreciation for the simple things and cares about people . I love the guy , wish there were more like him in baseball . Not a slap at MLB because I know there are many who give back to the community that don't get publicized , the Cards are full of them present and past. Rizzo is one of the special ones though.

10 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hes a class act been thru so much and overcome in life . It seems he has a greater appreciation for the simple things and cares about people . I love the guy , wish there were more like him in baseball . Not a slap at MLB because I know there are many who give back to the community that don't get publicized , the Cards are full of them present and past. Rizzo is one of the special ones though.

I agree. Too bad Rizzo isn't for sale, says Gozer. :Cry:

On 2/16/2018 at 6:29 AM, NFLfan said:

That's good to hear. I did not realize he was no longer with the Giants. Who do you think will sign him? 

Hopefully Yankees bring Lincecomb in.

I think he could be an effective guy in the bullpen if he no longer can start..

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Hopefully Yankees bring Lincecomb in.

I think he could be an effective guy in the bullpen if he no longer can start..

The Yankees are loaded. Is there any room on the team for Lincecum?

Is Sebathia still on the Yankees?

Baseball announced some changes to speed up the pace of the games. 

• Umpires will enforce Rule 6.02(d), which requires hitters to keep one foot in the box during an at-bat, subject to certain exceptions.

• Timers will be used to ensure that the game resumes promptly at the end of inning breaks.

• Managers will no longer come out of the dugout to initiate a replay challenge. A manager will also keep his challenge after each call that is overturned. Last year, a challenge was retained only after the first overturned call.    Linky

Any thoughts?

John Lester does not like the rules. 

Lester says rules are "Terrible"

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Baseball announced some changes to speed up the pace of the games. 

• Umpires will enforce Rule 6.02(d), which requires hitters to keep one foot in the box during an at-bat, subject to certain exceptions.

• Timers will be used to ensure that the game resumes promptly at the end of inning breaks.

• Managers will no longer come out of the dugout to initiate a replay challenge. A manager will also keep his challenge after each call that is overturned. Last year, a challenge was retained only after the first overturned call.    Linky

Any thoughts?

John Lester does not like the rules. 

Lester says rules are "Terrible"

"Lester says rules are Terrible" lmao. That is Lester for ya!

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No I haven't heard. That doesn't seem like many. I am used to Maddon doing that in 4 or 5 Inning's haha 

Quote:

"Major League Baseball announced there will be rule changes concerning pace of play, with mound visits being limited.

Mound visits are limited to six per team, per nine innings. If a game goes to extra innings, each team is limited to one additional non-pitching change mound visit per inning.

The rule that a pitcher must be removed on a second mound visit in an inning remains in effect."

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/02/19/pace-play-mound-visits

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan what do you think about Tim Tebow maybe being a Met in the majors? That is the rumor per Mets FO.

He is a nice guy but he is not a major leaguer. I don't believe he will make the team. He is not good enough. He hit like .250 in the minors.

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Baseball is about strategy and suspense, trying to speed it up takes away from what sets it apart..

I agree. There is nothing like Baseball Playoffs and part of is because it keeps everyone on the edge of their seats. Because its slow and strategic. When the Cubs played the Indians in Game 7, it drove me nuts but in a great way because of the back n forth Pitching changes and the strategy dragging out. The suspense had me on edge just waiting for the next play!

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Baseball is about strategy and suspense, trying to speed it up takes away from what sets it apart..

True.  Are you over 35? Younger folks can't seem to sit to watch baseball. PunterArePeopleToo is different. He loves baseball.

Whatever happened to @Luck is Good? He also loved baseball. I wonder what they think of these rules.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

True.  Are you over 35? Younger folks can't seem to sit to watch baseball. PunterArePeopleToo is different. He loves baseball.

Whatever happened to @Luck is Good? He also loved baseball. I wonder what they think of these rules.

Yeah, he is a WhiteSox fan. Not sure? He was Posting a lot but I haven't seen him in a while on any thread.

Archived