Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I really like Arrietta, he is the real deal..I think all the pressure he dealt with for Cubs makes him perfect fit for Yankees...A lot of great players can't handle the New York spotlight..

I think Jake would fit in perfect in NY. The guy has ice water in his veins come Playoff time and that is what the Yankees play for - Championships. Jake = 2-0 vs the Indians on the biggest stage/WS, he won the only game against LA in the NLCS last season, and in close out games vs the Pirates and Cards he won those in do or die situations in 2015. I have always liked him better than Lester.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah well it took me all night to get over the fact Jake is gone but that is Baseball and time to move on. I never once thought we wouldn't re-sign him and he is my favorite Cubs Pitcher of all-time so yes I was upset last night. I am better today.

Did Jake sign with another team? 

It is hard for me to get over losing David Wright. And you know how upset I was when the Mets did not re-sign Murph.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Jake would fit in perfect in NY. The guy has ice water in his veins come Playoff time and that is what the Yankees play for - Championships. Jake = 2-0 vs the Indians on the biggest stage/WS, he won the only game against LA in the NLCS last season, and in close out games vs the Pirates and Cards he won those in do or die situations in 2015. I have always liked him better than Lester.

It takes a certain personality to be successful in New York for sure..Ice in veins is an important trait..

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

No he reportedly did not respond to a 4 year contract by the Cubs so the Braintrust moved onto Yu

I really don't disagree that the offer the Cubs made him wasn't great = 4 years/110 Mill but he wanted 6 years/150 Mill like basically Yu is getting. My stink is we offered Yu that but not Jake. Jake has been the better Playoff Clutch Pitcher and has given his heart and soul to Chicago. Our FO values Yu more and I have no idea why.

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

I can't wait to see if Ohtani lives up to the hype..I was hoping Yankees could get him.. Hasn't been a player with his skillset in recent times..Bumgarner is closest I can think of...

Giants will be dangerous again, their season was ruined when Bumgarner went out. Bumgarner when healthy is the best Pitcher in Baseball IMO, even over Kershaw or Jake.

I really don't disagree that the offer the Cubs made him wasn't great = 4 years/110 Mill but he wanted 6 years/150 Mill like basically Yu is getting. My stink is we offered Yu that but not Jake. Jake has been the better Playoff Clutch Pitcher and has given his heart and soul to Chicago. Our FO values Yu more and I have no idea why.

Six years seems like a lot. How old is Jake? 

Giants will be dangerous again, their season was ruined when Bumgarner went out. Bumgarner when healthy is the best Pitcher in Baseball IMO, even over Kershaw or Jake.

He is an animal...Giants are always in the mix, usually every other year..

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I can't wait to see if Ohtani lives up to the hype..I was hoping Yankees could get him.. Hasn't been a player with his skillset in recent times..Bumgarner is closest I can think of...

You are a Yankees fan too? There are many of Yankees fans here. @nyyankeechris is new here. We have at least another 4 here.

@coltsfansince65 How would you like Jake Arrieta on your team? 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

32 but Yu is 31 and we gave Yu 6

I did not realize Darvish was 31. He looks younger. Six years is too much for both. I can understand six years for Bryant or Rizzo. 

Btw, what can I give the Cubs for Rizzo. If I were a Cubs fan, he would be my favorite player. He does everything right.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I did not realize Darvish was 31. He looks younger. Six years is too much for both. I can understand six years for Bryant or Rizzo. 

Btw, what can I give the Cubs for Rizzo. If I were a Cubs fan, he would be my favorite player. He does everything right.

I was going to say Matt Harvey but I would be lying haha. Man the Cubs need to keep Bryant/Rizzo/Contreras no matter what, keep that Offense cranking.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Yu, he is a Good Pitcher but after last years WS I have my doubts that he can deliver in huge moments.

There is no pressure in all sports like a major league pitcher feels in playoffs..

I still cant believe the Dodgers lost last year. They dominated the Regular Season! They haven't won a WS since 1988. Very nice win by Houston! Cubs ended their jinx too in 2016. Yankees last won it all in 2009 but they have 27 Championships so I don't feel sorry for them haha. They are on the verge of getting another one IMO, maybe this season coming up? Indians are the team everyone is crying for now, they haven't won a WS since 1948. They blew a 3-1 vs the Cubs in the 2016 WS, and a 2-0 lead vs the Yankees in last years Playoffs!

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You are a Yankees fan too? There are many of Yankees fans here. @nyyankeechris is new here. We have at least another 4 here.

@coltsfansince65 How would you like Jake Arrieta on your team? 

I wouldn't mind Arrieta coming to the Yanks on a shorter deal than what he's seeking. I would like to see him come for 4 for $44mil.  I think all the Yankees need is another starter & we could be solid.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Rizzo is a class act, true philanthropist. He just contacted a 10 year old in my hometown who just found out he has brain cancer and gave him some words of encouragement and told him he will hopefully meet him soon....awesome gesture that I’m sure made the kids day, he’s a HUGE Cubs fan!!!!

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

According to this article they offered Jake pretty much the same offer before signing Yu, and he declined. Rumor is he wants to play in Texas, closer to home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/jake-arrieta-reportedly-turned-down-big-money-from-cubs-before-they-signed-yu-darvish/amp/

9 minutes ago, GOZER said:

According to this article they offered Jake pretty much the same offer before signing Yu, and he declined. Rumor is he wants to play in Texas, closer to home.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/jake-arrieta-reportedly-turned-down-big-money-from-cubs-before-they-signed-yu-darvish/amp/

TY

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

TY

Nothing we didn't already know, he was offered 4 years/110 Mill and his Agent turned it down, so that article isn't fully accurate. His Agent is trying to get 6 years for him and Jake was waiting for the Cubs to offer him that and they never did. They offered Yu 6 years and that is what had me perturbed.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing we didn't already know, he was offered 4 years/110 Mill and his Agent turned it down, so that article isn't fully accurate. His Agent is trying to get 6 years for him and Jake was waiting for the Cubs to offer him that and they never did. They offered Yu 6 years and that is what had me perturbed.

The article says that the Cubs contacted Arrieta again prior to making the offer to  Darvish and made him the same offer that they offered Darvish and he turned it down..... at least that’s the way I read the article.  I really wish they could  have worked something out so that he could stay on the team......the only plausible conclusion I can come up with is he no longer wants to live in Chicago and wants a change of scenery?

6 hours ago, GOZER said:

If they offered Jake 6 years I never seen seen/read about it anywhere and I was following that situation everyday. Jake is wanting a 6 year deal somewhere. The offer I seen was 4/110 and that never changed all the way through January.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they offered Jake 6 years I never seen seen/read about it anywhere and I was following that situation everyday. Jake is wanting a 6 year deal somewhere. The offer I seen was 4/110 and that never changed all the way through January.

Jake has moved and sadly so should we

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

The article says that the Cubs contacted Arrieta again prior to making the offer to  Darvish and made him the same offer that they offered Darvish and he turned it down..... at least that’s the way I read the article.  I really wish they could  have worked something out so that he could stay on the team......the only plausible conclusion I can come up with is he no longer wants to live in Chicago and wants a change of scenery?

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Could be but I never once seen any offer other than 4/110 to Jake. I wonder why it was never reported, strange. Anyway, hopefully Yu has a Good year because we have to move on now. Thanks for the article as that was the first I have heard that he was offered maybe something different.

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

There is too much happening in TigerTown for me to concern myself with the JA saga

I have actually moved on. The first night I was upset when I realized Jake was going to be gone and at the contract that we offered Yu. It is what it is. I was responding to Gozer's Post, just questioning the accuracy of that article. Also this is a Baseball Thread and this is a huge story so people are going to talk about it in here, not sure why that surprises you? Signing Yu and Jake leaving is probably the biggest off season story, at least for the Cubs it is.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have actually moved on. The first night I was upset when I realized Jake was going to be gone and at the contract that we offered Yu. It is what it is. I was responding to Gozer's Post, just questioning the accuracy of that article. Also this is a Baseball Thread and this is a huge story so people are going to talk about it in here, not sure why that surprises you? Signing Yu and Jake leaving is probably the biggest off season story, at least for the Cubs it is.

I think a nerve was hit because all I said was that because all I said that because of various things(including PCHS, and NDW Basketball) that I haven’t followed any info 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:33 AM, PrincetonTiger said:

I am not a big fan of guys who leave as FAs especially those who turned down contracts

PT I hear you on this its like there is no loyalty to the fans or city. IMO it was a fair offer , now we are back to the agent thing. I despise Boras , would love to see him gone. But I also think Jake the better pitcher. Id love to have him as a Cardinal , but I have never been sold on Darvish..

Archived