Indianapolis Colts
Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

Welp, had a feeling today wouldn't go the Cubs way. We'll get them tomorrow! GoCubsGo!

5 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Welp, had a feeling today wouldn't go the Cubs way. We'll get them tomorrow! GoCubsGo!

I did too but we need Game 2. If we get that we will be fine.

The home plate umpire is very inconsistent. Calling nothing on the edge, If Lester doesn't throw it right down the middle it's a ball......bunch of crap.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

The home plate umpire is very inconsistent. Calling nothing on the edge, If Lester doesn't throw it right down the middle it's a ball......bunch of crap.

I agree, now we have Edwards, scary. Kershaw was getting a lot of calls last night as well and Q wasn't when making the same pitches. Umps are odd sometimes.

Big Carl got out of it, WHEW WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. 1-1 after 5

• Like 2

I'll have to check the post office tomorrow and see if they posted missing bulletins for the Cubs bats, my God!

Fitting end......if the Cubs don't play like they want to win, then this will happen. Disgusting effort.

Very disappointing but I do think they have the best team this season. We have to play perfect to beat them and we aren't playing well at all. That Washington series wore us out IMO. Why wasn't Wade in, in the 9th Inning? I would've rolled with Wade. Down 0-2 now, huge hole.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Fitting end......if the Cubs don't play like they want to win, then this will happen. Disgusting effort.

Yeah 3 hits, Bryant is really struggling too. I think we are just worn out, 3 straight NLCS and a WS. + playing a team that is loaded. I give the Dodgers credit, they are a great team and are due to win it all - they haven't been there in 30 years so they are hungry.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah 3 hits, Bryant is really struggling too. I think we are just worn out, 3 straight NLCS and a WS. + playing a team that is loaded. I give the Dodgers credit, they are a great team and are due to win it all - they haven't been there in 30 years so they are hungry.

Definitely a good team...but they also really made our pitchers work, whereas it seemed our guys were swinging at everything!!!!! I know this sounds dumb, but have they mentally checked out for the season? Happy with how far they've come after winning WS? Thinking about that extended vacation in Tahiti? I'm rolling with my Cubbies no matter what, just frustrates me to no end!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm going with the Astros to win it all . Dodgers a re tuff though. Don't know what it is the Central seemed plagued all year . All teams that were in it had same problems through out the year. I look for the Cards to make some major moves with outfield glut to strengthen Pitching Staff. Also expect them to sign a big name bat. Carpenter expendable ? In my opinion yes in fact good riddance .

• Like 2

Really puzzled by some of Maddens decisions.... why not put Wade in instead of Lackey? :scratch:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Really puzzled by some of Maddens decisions.... why not put Wade in instead of Lackey? :scratch:

Me too I would've put in Wade as well. I even said that before he put Lackey in. Was shocked on that move but usually when he gambles it works so I shouldn't question it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

I'm going with the Astros to win it all . Dodgers a re tuff though. Don't know what it is the Central seemed plagued all year . All teams that were in it had same problems through out the year. I look for the Cards to make some major moves with outfield glut to strengthen Pitching Staff. Also expect them to sign a big name bat. Carpenter expendable ? In my opinion yes in fact good riddance .

If the Cubs do end up losing, they need BullPen help. Keep Wade but they need to try to find someone that can hold down the fort in Innings 6-8.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too I would've put in Wade as well. I even said that before he put Lackey in. Was shocked on that move but usually when he gambles it works so I shouldn't question it.

Even had them both warming up.....  The announcer said he thought Lackey would go in to keep them from scoring  and Wade would go in if the Cubs scored to close the game. IDK, hate  to see Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.   He's a multiple champ either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Even had them both warming up.....  The announcers said he thought like you were doing to keep them from scoring  and Wayne would go and if the  Cubs score to close the game. IDK, hate  to see you Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.

That is a game we needed, now we really need to win the next 2 to make this a series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GOZER said:

Even had them both warming up.....  The announcer said he thought Lackey would go in to keep them from scoring  and Wade would go in if the Cubs scored to close the game. IDK, hate  to see Lackey go out like that but man that was awful.   He's a multiple champ either way.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is a game we needed, now we really need to win the next 2 to make this a series.

Ive been pretty disappointed in Lackey this year.  Ump didn't help anything with his keyhole strike zone, but it feels like he has given up a lot of hits/ runs lately.  I did not agree with the call at all, but then again I have never won a WS, lol.

We have three at home so things could change real fast for us.  Anxious for the next game now that the cobwebs are out.  Meaning, I think we were still stuck on that tight series with the Nats.

Will say LA looks polished

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Ive been pretty disappointed in Lackey this year.  Ump didn't help anything with his keyhole strike zone, but it feels like he has given up a lot of hits/ runs lately.  I did not agree with the call at all, but then again I have never won a WS, lol.

We have three at home so things could change real fast for us.  Anxious for the next game now that the cobwebs are out.  Meaning, I think we were still stuck on that tight series with the Nats.

Will say LA looks polished

Home sweet home, yeah the umps gave LA a lot of help but we should've been able to overcome that. Lackey just blew it.

• Like 2

Alright Cubbies, tonight we mount our comeback, LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!

GoCubsGo!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yankees with a four run 8th inning and win 6-4. Series now 2-2. Oh boy it's getting good

Thanks for the update. Who was the starting pitcher for Houston?

Schwarber starts the scoring with a HR but the Dodgers hit 2, 2-1 Dodgers in the 4th.

I am no baseball expert, but I think the Dodgers are winning it all.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jules said:

I am no baseball expert, but I think the Dodgers are winning it all.

I agree 100%, the way they are handling the Cubs shows me a lot. I didn't think they would sweep us but they might, they are up 3-0. I think the Cubs are worn out due to being in 3 straight NLCS's and a WS but the Dodgers are like the Warriors this season, they are loaded and they are hungry. I think the Dodgers demolish whoever comes out of the AL.

• Like 1