Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Ok rub it in haha Just joking but I loved him. He was a solid leadoff hitter and perfect fit for the Cubs. He set the tone in Game 7 vs the Indians.

Seems to be a clubhouse leader as well , a calming type keeping people loose yet focused type of person . I hear you he may be the perfect fit for the Cards as well . I hope Heyward shows better in the friendly confines as well , was not happy loosing him and was disappointed at his showing there , frankly I expected much more.

39 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Seems to be a clubhouse leader as well , a calming type keeping people loose yet focused type of person . I hear you he may be the perfect fit for the Cards as well . I hope Heyward shows better in the friendly confines as well , was not happy loosing him and was disappointed at his showing there , frankly I expected much more.

His Defense is Great but his batting was disappointing. He is a Great leader though, he was the one during the rain delay that called a team meeting and told the players, it's our time! He motivated everyone in the locker room.

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think Heyward will have a big year, I really like the dude.

Looks like Schwarbers been cleared to catch...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/kyle-schwarber-cleared-to-catch-though-the-cubs-might-not-need-him-behind-the-plate/amp/?client=safari

So far as of 02/24/17 the World Champion Chicago Cubs are favored to not only go to big series but to win it. A back-to-back crown would shut the door on all questions/comments. Honestly, as a fan for  60 years I have had my dream come true but if they want to keep winning the WS year after year I will settle for that,

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

So far as of 02/24/17 the World Champion Chicago Cubs are favored to not only go to big series but to win it. A back-to-back crown would shut the door on all questions/comments. Honestly, as a fan for  60 years I have had my dream come true but if they want to keep winning the WS year after year I will settle for that,

Good Luck :thmup:   In all honesty if they don't , it still doesn't take away from the accomplishments of last year . Cub fans have a season to remember

Cards add another Cuban Star , that has turned out well in the Diaz move clearly the most consistent offensive producer and grew defensively as the year progressed. Lets see how this one turns out , from the money gave out they must be confident in his ability. Maybe making up for the loss of a promising young Dominican in that tragic accident 2 years ago , that set them behind.    http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/216992820/cardinals-sign-jose-adolis-garcia-to-deal/

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

It will be tough to go back-to-back but we do have the Pitching and Hitting to pull it off. The Cubs had a dream season last season winning 103 games and beating MadBum's Giants, Kershaw's Dodgers, and then beating Cleveland after being down 3-1 without HFA. Having said that the pressure is off now to win because the curse is history and the Cubs are the Champs. Losing Fowler isn't good and I loved Chapman because Chapman brought that intimidating factor out of the pen.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will be tough to go back-to-back but we do have the Pitching and Hitting to pull it off. The Cubs had a dream season last season winning 103 games and beating MadBum's Giants, Kershaw's Dodgers, and then beating Cleveland after being down 3-1 without HFA. Having said that the pressure is off now to win because the curse is history and the Cubs are the Champs. Losing Fowler isn't good and I loved Chapman because Chapman brought that intimidating factor out of the pen.

I am watching the Cubs-Athletics game (Cubs up 3-0 after two) right now and they said the addition of a player John Jay will soften the blow of losing Fowler and that is the main reason for binging him on board. He hits lefty and I am going to look him up after this. If you have Direct TV you can follow the Cubs for $87.49 for one season. They will be the only team you can follow but that's the idea, no? 

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I just read on baseballreference.com the Cubs were the Chicago Colts from 1890-1897. So if you are a Cubs fan as well as a Colts fan your choice of teams was destined to be more than a hundred years ago!:rock:

See I knew there was a reason why I started loving the Cubs. I started following the Colts and Cubs in 1984 too, same year haha The Indianapolis Cubs or Chicago Colts :rock:

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

I just read on baseballreference.com the Cubs were the Chicago Colts from 1890-1897. So if you are a Cubs fan as well as a Colts fan your choice of teams was destined to be more than a hundred years ago!:rock:

Very interesting. I read that the Cubs have also been known by all these names:

White Stockings, Orphans, Colts, Panamas, Rainmakers, Spuds, Trojans, Microbes, and Zephyrs.

Why would anyone call their team Microbes or Orphans?!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Chicago_Cubs

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

White Stockings, Orphans, Colts, Panamas, Rainmakers, Spuds, Trojans, Microbes, and Zephyrs.

The same reason there were schools in Indiana with the mascot "The Mighty Mites"

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

White Stockings and Trojans. Sounds like something that would come on Cinemax late at night :popcorn:Cubs had some cool names haha 

haha How do you like the Chicago Spuds or Chicago Panamas? For a second I thought it was "Pajamas". 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

White Stockings and Trojans. Sounds like something that would come on Cinemax late at night :popcorn:Cubs had some cool names haha 

55 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

See above post

22 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Anyone standing out in spring so far for any of your teams ?

Not yet for mine. Yours?

Sounds like the Mets are trying Jay Bruce at first base. They would love to trade him because he does not seem comfortable here. Maybe because David Wright is back, it may help Bruce. David is a team captain and a great guy.  We need Bruce to contribute this year. We gave up one of our top prospects to the Reds for Bruce. 

David himself may not play much. The spinal stenosis has made it hard for him to play 3rd. Jose Reyes is expected to play there.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Russell and Contreras both homered today. Cubs and Whitesox finished 4-4. I am glad everyone is healthy, Schwarber looks to be 100%, Bryant had a hit today as well.

Cards doing well to so far no injury no bad news , swinging bats very well. They are giving Rosenthall a chance to extend out and possibly compete for 5th starters position.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Not yet for mine. Yours?

Sounds like the Mets are trying Bruce at first base. They would love to trade him because he does not seem comfortable here. Maybe because David Wright is back, it may help Bruce. David is a team captain and a great guy.  Hopefully he will help Bruce. We gave up one of our top prospects to the Reds for Bruce. 

David himself may not play much. The spinal stenosis has made it hard for him to play 3rd. Jose Reyes is expected to play there.

Sounds to me 1rst may be the place for David.

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Cards doing well to so far no injury no bad news , swinging bats very well. They are giving Rosenthall a chance to extend out and possibly compete for 5th starters position.

Yeah it looks like Schwarber will be leadoff as of now. I am ok with it. Maddon has a nice strategy actually because he has a lot of our speed toward the bottom of the lineup with Baez and Russell. So if our big Hitters fail early in the game we still can win in other ways. Russell has speed and power and so does Baez. The Cubs whole lineup has tons of options. I will miss Fowler though.

Archived