Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, HOZER said:

Jay be careful out there brother, the roads have changed quite a bit in 30 years. Driving while distracted(cell phones) has gotten out of control, and unfortunately I have seen the results one too many times due to my line of work. In fact I almost became a victim a few different times when I rode. Check your intersections twice and try to make eye contact with people who are attempting to turn in front of you. A local family is going to bury thier 22 year old son this Christmas week because a driver never saw him coming, died instantly.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to put a damper on your purchase either, I LOVE MOTORCYCLES and would like to buy another one someday.

Lol yes I'm more than aware of that its even more dangerous . I will be doing my riding in areas not much traveled . Got it home fine. Rode a short Ride Christmas day . Its got 47 miles on it. My wife lost the rest of her sight on the 27th so I wont be on much unless something major transpires . Will check in when I can . By spring training may be able to be on more. Yes when riding you must be on your toes watching out for everyone else . Love all of you , keep in touch when you can.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol yes I'm more than aware of that its even more dangerous . I will be doing my riding in areas not much traveled . Got it home fine. Rode a short Ride Christmas day . Its got 47 miles on it. My wife lost the rest of her sight on the 27th so I wont be on much unless something major transpires . Will check in when I can . By spring training may be able to be on more. Yes when riding you must be on your toes watching out for everyone else . Love all of you , keep in touch when you can.

Sorry to hear about your wife brother, just check in when you can. You have much bigger things to take care of. Be careful on that new toy as well. Go Colts.

22 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Sorry to hear that, Jay. May you be blessed with strength and perseverance. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Let us know if you need anything. :hug:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, NFLfan said:

Sorry to hear that, Jay. May you be blessed with strength and perseverance. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Let us know if you need anything. :hug:

Thanks , we are doing ok , lol helps what our Colts are doing . Baseball activity has been slow moving.

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Thanks , we are doing ok , lol helps what our Colts are doing . Baseball activity has been slow moving.

Yeah I haven't Posted much in here because no huge news to report. Cards have had a great off season but we have already covered that, Cubs haven't done much at all. Once March rolls around I will be in here a lot, take care brother.

Now that football is over for our teams, it is time to focus on the NFL draft, free agency, and baseball. 

Pitchers and catchers report around Feburary 12-13. The Cubs, the Cardinals and the Pirates have yet to announce when they will report. The Mets will be in Port St. Lucie as of Feb. 12th. The Yankees and Nationals report on Feb. 13th.

Until then, we will continue to talk baseball and root against the Pats. 

https://www.springtrainingonline.com/reporting-dates/

I'm ready for the Mets to win the elusive World Series trophy. We bring back all our young pitchers in Cy Young winner Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, Zach Wheeler and Steven Matz. Lots of new faces too. I don't know what the lineup will look like but hopefully we have some contact hitters and guys with speed. That has been lacking the last several years.

Looking forward to the season!

8 hours ago, landrus13 said:

I think NL Central is gonna be a dogfight. Should be a 3 team race. Could see the Reds be a contender if they're pitching goes right. That lineup will score some runs. I'm very excited!

Yeah the Brewers went from pesky to legit that is for sure. I think the whole Division may be over .500. Pirates are a streaky team as well.

i know Jay Kirk and he told me about this months ago. Everytime I register I fail the stupid security thing. It was the seventies, man! Reds fan and an overall baseball fan her. I don;t have much passion for other sports, as I would rather listen to hippie folk singers and y'altcountry music than football and basketball. Been a hard core Reds fan since 1971. What a bad year. Some of my earliest memories are my mom sitting in the kitchen listening to Joe Nuxhall and Jim McIntyre then Al Michaels then Marty Brennamann call games on the radio. Her greatest regret was never taking me to Crosley Field. Anyway........my thoughts I have had and reactions to the last few pages....if I had to  pick now I would pick the Cardinals to win the central. Notsure how to pick the rest, except Pittsburgh last. I think my Reds have an outside shot at third the way things are now, but 4th is more realistic. If they srart the year with Puig, Kemp, and Winker in the outfield they are gonna score a ton of runs but catch very few actual baseballs. If they stay close,, with the right deal contention is a distinct possibility, but at this time that is a stretch. I have told Jay that I think Andrew Miller if healthy which I think he ism will be a bigger aquisition than Goldy. He can pitch whenever, and his presence should take the pressure off of that young guy they have that throws 198 MPH whose name escapes me, allowing him to mature into his role. i think Molina has another good year in him, as long as he takes a few more breaks. I think Pollack would be a good pickup for them, but he really fits better into the Reds needs as he is a true CF but I don't think they will get him.  Looks lie the Reds are real close to Sonny Gray- they have untiil tomorrow afternoon to negotiate an extension before a trade. Take his Yankee Stadium numbers out and he is a really good pitcher.

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

MVP (Bryant) talking that smack lmao . I love it, can't wait for Baseball to start. We have to keep our Playoff appearance streak alive which started in 2015-2018 and get another Ring to add to 2016. Cubs have been quiet so far in this offseason but did say they plan on keeping Addison Russell. They have no desire to go after Machado or Harper. Russell and Baez are great friends and that chemistry they have in the infield is hard to top.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:39 AM, hippiejohn said:

i know Jay Kirk and he told me about this months ago. Everytime I register I fail the stupid security thing. It was the seventies, man! Reds fan and an overall baseball fan her. I don;t have much passion for other sports, as I would rather listen to hippie folk singers and y'altcountry music than football and basketball. Been a hard core Reds fan since 1971. 

Welcome to the Baseball Thread. We look forward to talking baseball with you. There are some Reds fans here but they do not post much in here. We hope you will. 

Oh darn........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-cubs-justin-wilson-signs-new-york-mets-504873482.html%3famp=y

Good luck with that, @NFLfan:sarcasm: He was awful with control in 2017, got significantly better last year, 3.86 ERA,  just always seemed to fall apart at the worst moments, I always cringed when he was up. Looks like Mets have some faith in him, 2 yrs at 10 million not to shabby. I will wish him luck only because he is now in your team!!!

In other news, Cubs signed another reliever, Brad Brach....he might be pretty decent?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/303101662-cubs-agree-with-reliever-brad-brach.amp.html

On 1/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, HOZER said:

Oh darn........

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-cubs-justin-wilson-signs-new-york-mets-504873482.html%3famp=y

Good luck with that, @NFLfan:sarcasm: He was awful with control in 2017, got significantly better last year, 3.86 ERA,  just always seemed to fall apart at the worst moments, I always cringed when he was up. Looks like Mets have some faith in him, 2 yrs at 10 million not to shabby. I will wish him luck only because he is now in your team!!!

In other news, Cubs signed another reliever, Brad Brach....he might be pretty decent?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.mlb.com/303101662-cubs-agree-with-reliever-brad-brach.amp.html

I initially read that incorrectly. I thought you wrote that he was awful. I changed the reaction from sad to a heart. Lol.

I have been following a lot of Mets talk. Mets fans want Machado or Harper. I want neither because they each are looking for 10-year contracts. :puhleeze:

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I initially read that incorrectly. I thought you wrote that he was awful. I changed the reaction from sad to a heart. Lol.

I have been following a lot of Mets talk. Mets fans want Machado or Harper. I want neither because they each are looking for 10-year contracts. :puhleeze:

I thought you liked Harper :sarcasm:. I am really shocked nobody has signed either.

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought you liked Harper :sarcasm:. I am really shocked nobody has signed either.

I'm not shocked. They want 10-year contracts! That's ridiculous. I wonder who will cave in. I read that the Padres are considering getting Machado.

The site says that Machado has a bad reputation because of something that happened in the World Series. I did not see it. Any of you know what they are referring to? I found something that said he failed to run out a hit that he assumed was a HR and it stayed in the park. He got a single instead of what should have been a double. Someone else wrote that Machado kicked another player during the World Series. Can any of you elaborate?

I always thought of Harper being the problem child but he must have grown up a lot in the past year. I guess not everyone can be David Wright, Rizzo or Granderson (all guys with great reputations).

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The site says that Machado has a bad reputation because of something that happened in the World Series. I did not see it. Any of you know what they are referring to? I found something that said he failed to run out a hit that he assumed was a HR and it stayed in the park. He got a single instead of what should have been a double. Someone else wrote that Machado kicked another player during the World Series. Can any of you elaborate?

I always thought of Harper being the problem child but he must have grown up a lot in the past year. I guess not everyone can be David Wright, Rizzo or Granderson (all guys with great reputations).

You nailed it about Machado, that is pretty much what happened :thmup:

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Would that make you happy or you think that's a joke? He would be a force in your line-up. And playing with his best friend would keep him on the straight and narrow.

I actually like Harper but I think we need to improve our Pitching. Bryant would definitely keep him in line. To me Bryant is more business like and more humble than Harper.

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Would that make you happy or you think that's a joke? He would be a force in your line-up. And playing with his best friend would keep him on the straight and narrow.

According to both Madden and Bryant, Harper to Cubs is not happening.

Archived