Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/16/2018 at 6:23 PM, NFLfan said:

Hope they can save some runs for deGrom. Lol

I did not know Facebook broadcasts games. Apparently the Mets-Phillies double header is being shown on FB (or Bookface, as my fellow Vikes fans call it).

It is new this year. They play a game about once a week that is broadcast for everywhere on FB. Cubs do it sometimes with ABC 7 games

Cubs win 1-0. Hamels gets another win. Beers are on me! Cubs tie an MLB record with 7 Double Plays tonight and had one to end the game. Beautiful Defense all night. NL Central Standings as of the end of August 17th are:

1. Cubs 71-50 *best record in the NL

2. Brewers 68-56 (4.5 back)

3. Cardinals 67-56 (5 back)

-Fly the Flag Hozer, Cubs win again!

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 1-0. Hamels gets another win. Beers are on me! Cubs tie an MLB record with 7 Double Plays tonight and had one to end the game. Beautiful Defense all night. NL Central Standings as of the end of August 17th are:

Great stuff!

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

i like the fact we are up by 6 in lost column and only have played 3 and 2 less games

Welp, have we seen the last of Chatwood as a starter? Tonight his last serenade? I do feel bad for the guy, he just can’t seem to put it together, bad deal. :dunno:

Good news......Zobrist hit a homerun!!!!!  Bad news..... we’re down by 2 in the 4th.  GoCubsGo!!!

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

Welp, have we seen the last of Chatwood as a starter? Tonight his last serenade? I do feel bad for the guy, he just can’t seem to put it together, bad deal. :dunno:

Good news......Zobrist hit a homerun!!!!!  Bad news..... we’re down by 2 in the 4th.  GoCubsGo!!!

I hope so. He just isn't starter material. Yeah we lost, Cards beat the Brewers. We are still 4 ahead of the Cards and 4.5 ahead of the Brewers. I had a bad feeling about last night's game with Chatwood Pitching but I will say this, he didn't get any Run support. We have scored 1 Run in all 3 games at Pitt, not good.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope so. He just isn't starter material. Yeah we lost, Cards beat the Brewers. We are still 4 ahead of the Cards and 4.5 ahead of the Brewers. I had a bad feeling about last night's game with Chatwood Pitching but I will say this, he didn't get any Run support. We have scored 1 Run in all 3 games at Pitt, not good.

September will be interesting. Three teams in the Central battling it out. You will need MVP and Darvish back.

Cubs will play the Mets later this month; so, you should win two out of three there. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

September will be interesting. Three teams in the Central battling it out. You will need MVP and Darvish back.

Cubs will play the Mets later this month; so, you should win two out of three there. 

I don't know. The way the Mets have been playing I am not taking nothing for granted. Mets put up 24 Runs the other night and just beat Jake Arrieta last night. Getting MVP back will be huge, can't wait. He is my favorite player as well. Getting Darvish back will be huge too, yeah he hasn't given us much but he will be better than Chatwood and Quintana. I am liking Lester and Hendricks about now and Hamels has been unreal.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know. The way the Mets have been playing I am not taking nothing for granted. Mets put up 24 Runs the other night and just beat Jake Arrieta last night. Getting MVP back will be huge, can't wait. He is my favorite player as well. Getting Darvish back will be huge too, yeah he hasn't given us much but he will be better than Chatwood and Quintana. I am liking Lester and Hendricks about now and Hamels has been unreal.

What is the nature of MVP's injury? I thought he would have been activated from the DL by now.  (For those who don't know, MVP is Kris Bryant.)

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What is the nature of MVP's injury? I thought he would have been activated from the DL by now.  (For those who don't know, MVP is Kris Bryant.)

Shoulder inflammation. He injured his shoulder diving into a base back in June. Since then he has had problems with inflammation and soreness in the shoulder. MRI's have came back negative and but the Cubs are being cautious with him. 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shoulder inflammation. He injured his shoulder diving into a base back in June. Since then he has had problems with inflammation and soreness in the shoulder. MRI's have came back negative and but the Cubs are being cautious with him. 

It's been 2 months. Did he separate/dislocate it? Shoulder injuries are painful.

Hopefully he comes back by the beginning of September.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Double Play, WOW. Pirates had Bases Loaded and Strop got us out of a jam. Need 1 Run, come on! 

Glad he did, since him and Chisek helped us get into it! :wall: They need to buy thier infielders a steak dinner tonight.

This is pathetic.....:dunno:only 1 run each of their last 4 games. Do they not want to win? What is going on???!!

Hope they can get out of this slump real soon.

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

It's been 2 months. Did he separate/dislocate it? Shoulder injuries are painful.

Hopefully he comes back by the beginning of September.

He played through it afterwards and then he went dl. Came off and went back on. It is trying to get the discomfort down so that it is not painful. Once he starts baseball activities and couple rehab games he'll be back

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, PrincetonTiger said:

@Jay Kirk

questions from someone who only watched the game cast    

What happened to Luke Weaver?

Why did Schildt pinch run Gant in the 9th?

Weaver cut his index finger opening something in the clubhouse a few days ago. I think he is good but in my opinion the least of their young guns capable of starting. Did not see the Game was out and about , and watching the Blue Angels in the skies above our home.

Archived