Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

Cubs sweep of the Mets on a no-hitter by Lester??? That would be :facepalm:. I might stay off the forum for a while. Lol. 

After 4 inn, no score. Lester going for the no hitter.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I dont know why he doesn't like Strop, outside of when he pitches against the Cardinals he is pretty good, and also an interesting character

Strop isn't Very Good or Great but I would say Good for the most part. I like him. He is like Edwards = Good but has his bad moments too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big Jonny a no hitter through 5. Problem is we haven't scored either lmao 

The Cubs will break out any minute now.

• Haha 1

I am sounding a bit like that Buffalo fan on the game threads. Lol.

• Haha 3

Our starting pitchers have pitched pretty well against the Cubs. It is the relievers who have hurt the Mets. 

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Our starting pitchers have pitched pretty well against the Cubs. It is the relievers who have hurt the Mets. 

Still 0-0 but no more No Hitter for Jonny :facepalm:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still 0-0 but no more No Hitter for Jonny :facepalm:

But Cubs have someone on base with no outs.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am sounding a bit like that Buffalo fan on the game threads. Lol.

Yeah he always expects the Patriots to explode at anytime and win haha 

• Like 1

Here we go. Cubs have  first and third and no one out :hissy:.

• Haha 1

Time to turn off TV and do something productive. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he always expects the Patriots to explode at anytime and win haha 

We Mets fans expect the Mets to lose at any time. The belief around here is that Mets fans are always waiting (anticipating) for the other shoe to drop.

• Sad 1

Cubs win 2-0, sweep the Mets in NY - Cubs haven't swept a 4 game series at NY since 1991! So far no June Swoon LOL. No matter what happens the rest of the day with other teams, Cubs will remain 4th in the overall NL Standings. Great stuff by Jonny today, fly the flag Gozer.

-NFLfan, sorry about the series if you are still on line with TV on. I like the Mets, they are just not healthy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 2-0, sweep the Mets in NY - Cubs haven't swept a 4 game series at NY since 1991! So far no June Swoon LOL. No matter what happens the rest of the day with other teams, Cubs will remain 4th in the overall NL Standings. Great stuff by Jonny today, fly the flag Gozer.

-NFLfan, sorry about the series if you are still on line with TV on. I like the Mets, they are just not healthy.

:facepalm: :scorebad::thmdown:

20180603_155300.png

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

20180603_155300.png

At least you are a good sport about it. You guys swept us in the NLCS in 2015 to win the NL, so you have that. I was talking smack back then but did at least congratulate you on that big win. I believe in being a good sport like you do. Murphy took us to school to bring back great memories for you :thmup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Buffalo guy was a Mets fan, he would've been cussing with Baez stealing home for a Run lmao 

Javy being Javy, after game during interview Contreras mentioned they had planned that play out.

7D7E4F09-E9C3-4EC9-A42B-E56156564CCA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

20180603_155300.png

Oh my!!!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Javy being Javy, after game during interview Contreras mentioned they had planned that play out.

7D7E4F09-E9C3-4EC9-A42B-E56156564CCA.jpeg

:pcsmash::reaction: :flaming:

• Haha 3

BrewCrew lost again to the White Sox :funny:. Cubs just 2 games back in the NL Central. Brewers are 37-23 and Cubs are 33-23, both have the same amount of losses now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now that we are into June, here's a look at the current NL Standings as of June 2nd:

#1 Seed would be the BrewCrew at 37-22 - Central

#2 Seed would be the Braves at 34-24 - East

#3 Seed would be the D-Backs at 30-27 - West

-Those are the 3 Division leaders

#4 Seed would be the Cubs at 32-23 (Wildcard) - Central

#5 Seed would be the Nats at 33-24 (Wildcard) - East

-It will be fun to go back and look at where these teams stand at the All-Star break in July.

Im guessing the Brew Crew comes back to earth again now that they have to play real competition the next couple weeks , there will be another shake up atop the Central and it could be the Cards or Cubs perched there . We get Martinez and Yadi back tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Michael Wacha took a No No into the ninth before he gave up a hit , to go to 7- 1  Cards won 5 - 0 

• Like 2

One thing im seeing is Ozuna's bat is coming alive average climbing hit HRs each of last two , one yesterday a Slam . He seems relaxed now that is a plus . Matt Carpenter has it going as well , he quit trying to pull the ball everytime  making teams pay for the shift.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Im guessing the Brew Crew comes back to earth again now that they have to play real competition the next couple weeks , there will be another shake up atop the Central and it could be the Cards or Cubs perched there . We get Martinez and Yadi back tomorrow. 

Thats what I've been saying with regard to  Brew Crew, they have a bad record against over .500 teams, Cards and Cubs were the two had performed well against them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well entire NL Central lost today so everything stayed the same

Yeah we laid an egg. Hendricks didn't have it, golden opportunity to get within a game of the Brewers. Still only 2 back and we just won 4 in a row, so I am not going to complain. We need to get the next 2 against Philly in this homeset, 2 out of 3 is what I expected. Arrieta isn't Pitching in this set. The tribute to him during the game was outstanding.

• Like 1

The Mets lost to the worst team in baseball, 2-1, managing only 3 hits. :facepalm:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets lost to the worst team in baseball, 2-1, managing only 3 hits. :facepalm:

Yes where oh where have the bats gone ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we laid an egg. Hendricks didn't have it, golden opportunity to get within a game of the Brewers. Still only 2 back and we just won 4 in a row, so I am not going to complain. We need to get the next 2 against Philly in this homeset, 2 out of 3 is what I expected. Arrieta isn't Pitching in this set. The tribute to him during the game was outstanding.

Martinez gave up two runs in four innings , I didn't expect him to be sharp. Guilmet got the loss I didn't even know we had a Guilmet Lol , and probably wont long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

RIP Red Schoendist(sp?)

Rest in Peace. My condolences, @Jay Kirk

Quote:

"Red was one of the greatest Cardinals of all time, and a beloved member of the Cardinals organization for over six decades," said Cardinals owner Bill DeWitt, Jr. "His influence on this organization cannot be overstated. Red was a great player, a great manager, and a wonderful mentor to countless players, coaches, and members of the front office. He was also a fan favorite who connected with millions of Cardinals fans across multiple generations.  He will be sorely missed."

Hall of Fame Cardinal Has Died

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Mets lost again to the worst team in baseball (Orioles), 1-0. As usual, they could not buy a hit. Very soon the Mets will be the worst team. I believe they play the Yankees next.  :HFire:

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Mets lost again to the worst team in baseball (Orioles), 1-0. As usual, they cannot buy a hit. Very soon the Mets will be the worst team. I believe they play the Yankees next.  :HFire:

Cubs and Phillies tied in the 9th 3-3. Cubs lost a 3-0 lead, SMH

• Like 1

Cubs now down 5-3 in the 9th. Unreal they are actually going to blow this. I guess they are allergic to 1st place in the Central lmao 

• Like 1