Jay Kirk

All MLB 2019 Red Sox Repeat ?

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Cards take 2 of 3 in Pittsburg , will take it and be glad. My much awaited day comes Wednesday when Alex Reyes takes the hill against the Brew Crew . We need to take at least two of these three games to real them in a bit they have been red hot.

I hope you win all 3, that team needs some losses :thmup:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope you are right. They just look better to me compared to last year and we don't look as good. Yeah we have beat them this year 6 out of 7 games but they have beat teams that we have no business losing too. Cubs have lost games to the freakin Reds, Marlins, and WhiteSox this year. We just dropped one to the Giants yesterday. Stuff is just frustrating and silly.

I hear you really the Cards have done the same , loose teams that are not expected to win can be dangerous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I hear you really the Cards have done the same , loose teams that are not expected to win can be dangerous.

With the BrewCrew law of averages will set in, somehow we have owned them but they are just as capable of beating the Cubs 3 straight IMO. Thankfully the Cubs have beat them for the most part so far otherwise they would be like 5 or 6 games out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With the BrewCrew law of averages will set in, somehow we have owned them but they are just as capable of beating the Cubs 3 straight IMO. Thankfully the Cubs have beat them for the most part so far otherwise they would be like 5 or 6 games out.

I agree they are a better team than they were but everything seems perfect right now , we will see in the long run how this plays out . I am not jumping ship or even close I still like my Cards team. 

• Like 2

I still think the Cubs and Cards end up 1 and 2 in some order.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree they are a better team than they were but everything seems perfect right now , we will see in the long run how this plays out . I am not jumping ship or even close I still like my Cards team. 

June will be huge. That will show us a lot. That is always the truth month after April and May, July-Sept = down the stretch months.  

4 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I still think the Cubs and Cards end up 1 and 2 in some order.

Maybe, BrewCrew IMO could be a problem. More than usual lmao 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope you are right. They just look better to me compared to last year and we don't look as good. Yeah we have beat them this year 6 out of 7 games but they have beat teams that we have no business losing too. Cubs have lost games to the freakin Reds, Marlins, and WhiteSox this year. We just dropped one to the Giants yesterday. Stuff is just frustrating and silly.

But even bad teams have to win games. Losing 1 to White Sox and Reds in series is gonna happen the only bad was Marlin first series but even then they did end up evening up with the sweep

Cubs blank the Bucs!!!

DBF5DE75-9D34-4C91-A219-8FBA0C850C6F.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GOZER said:

Cubs blank the Bucs!!!

DBF5DE75-9D34-4C91-A219-8FBA0C850C6F.jpeg

Yep, Cubs win 7-0. The BrewCrew keep winning though as they beat the Cards 8-3.

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

But even bad teams have to win games. Losing 1 to White Sox and Reds in series is gonna happen the only bad was Marlin first series but even then they did end up evening up with the sweep

Of course I don't expect the Cubs to win every game against those teams (nobody wins every game) but the way they have lost against those teams is what is frustrating. Walking in Runs, losing in extra Innings leaving guys on base, etc..

Belated Memorial Day musical/video selection.

• Like 3

What’s everyones thoughts on this.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/anthony-rizzo-dirty-slide-or-not-chicago-cubs-pittsburgh-pirates-elias-diaz-483894451.html%3famp=y

Rizzo admits to trying to break up a double play, and yes he wasnt taking a direct route to base but still within reach of tagging it which is why they won the review. I know there’s new rules to protect the catcher, and it could have been a lot worse, but I know from my previous experience as a catcher that if you have a play at home there’s always a risk you might get trucked over. Rizzo is my favorite Cub so I know I’m biased but I feel like he wouldn’t purposely try to hurt anyone or skirt the rules, doesn’t seem like the type.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GOZER said:

What’s everyones thoughts on this.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/anthony-rizzo-dirty-slide-or-not-chicago-cubs-pittsburgh-pirates-elias-diaz-483894451.html%3famp=y

Rizzo admits to trying to break up a double play, and yes he wasnt taking a direct route to base but still within reach of tagging it which is why they won the review. I know there’s new rules to protect the catcher, and it could have been a lot worse, but I know from my previous experience as a catcher that if you have a play at home there’s always a risk you might get trucked over. Rizzo is my favorite Cub so I know I’m biased but I feel like he wouldn’t purposely try to hurt anyone or skirt the rules, doesn’t seem like the type.

Ya playing catcher growing up I liked the idea of protecting yourself and making the play still I always found the challenge fun

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Welp looks like MLB disagrees with me....like football, they are changing the way the game has always been played for the sake of player safety......:dunno:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-rizzo-slide-20180529-story.html

Because of the new Rule it is interference. It did kind of look like Rizzo went a little out of his way to distract the Catcher but I don't think Rizzo had it in his mind to try to injure the guy or make it a dirty play. I cant ever remember Rizzo being a dirty player. Anyways Pirates are up 3-0 tonight. Not looking good tonight.

• Like 2

Cubs now lead 8-4 in the Bottom of the 8th. in the Top of the 8th, Cards are up 5-0 on the BrewCrew as well. Everything looking peachy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Because of the new Rule it is interference. It did kind of look like Rizzo went a little out of his way to distract the Catcher but I don't think Rizzo had it in his mind to try to injure the guy or make it a dirty play. I cant ever remember Rizzo being a dirty player. Anyways Pirates are up 3-0 tonight. Not looking good tonight.

8-4 Cubs now, they are hittin the ball hard tonight!!!! Contreras has been hit by pitch twice now......:censored:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

CUBS WIN!!!!!!!

3A447770-7D68-4813-AA02-67C686E6DFA8.jpeg

Had to hang on but a win is a win. If the Phillies lose tonight to the Dodgers, the Cubs would actually be in the Playoffs if the season ended tonight LOL. They would be a Wildcard. 29-22 now on the season. Getting 2 wins in Pittsburgh is sweet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with this. I could not find the video but I saw pictures. Rizzo seemed to go out of his way to slide into the catcher's leg to break up the play. But Rizzo does not seem like the type to intentionally hurt other players. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GOZER said:

Welp looks like MLB disagrees with me....like football, they are changing the way the game has always been played for the sake of player safety......:dunno:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-anthony-rizzo-slide-20180529-story.html

You disagree?

Btw, this morning I posted another video in the thread that you created about Memorial Day. Same song but different video.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GOZER said:

8-4 Cubs now, they are hittin the ball hard tonight!!!! Contreras has been hit by pitch twice now......:censored:

I missed the first one but the second one the announcers were talking and it kinda was like that pitcher didnt have control it seemed his was pretty wild after Schwarber home run 

• Like 1

Once April and May are out of the way, Baseball gets a little more serious. June is a huge month for teams that have gotten off to slow starts and teams that maybe want to separate themselves a little for a Playoff spot heading into July-September.

• Like 1

Phillies up 3-0 after the 2nd. Unless Jake eats a couple of huge Philly Steak and Cheese's and gets delirious this is already over LOL. The Phillies along with the Braves have really been surprising teams IMO. Jake has really brought leadership to the Phills. The Braves have just played hungry all season so far. Dodgers have been shockingly mediocre all season but June is upon us.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

BrewCrew loses to the Cards and the Mets up 6-2 on the Braves in the 7th very nice!

:( You jinxed us. ;) Game is tied now going to the 9th. 

• Sad 1

Braves hit a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th. Braves win 7-6.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:( You jinxed us. ;) Game is tied now going to the 9th. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Braves hit a walk-off HR in the bottom of the 9th. 

Yeah I jinxed it, unreal! I didn't think they would lose a 6-2 lead :yuk:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I jinxed it, unreal! I didn't think they would lose a 6-2 lead :yuk:

Lol. Nah, you did not jinx anything. That has been happening for a while now with the Mets. They routinely lose leads. They have had at least 3 walk off losses in the past week. 

Let's hope for better. 

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: Have a good night, All. 

• Like 3

Well....Cubs take 2/3 from Pirates. Another bench clearing incident with no punches thrown after a hard slide at second into Baez by the Pirates pitcher Musgrove. After the dust up you see Musgrove and Diaz (catcher Rizzo slid into in first game) high fiving in dugout, but it wasn’t payback....

GoCubsGo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GOZER said:

Carl Edwards Jr in now on the DL, ugh!

And in other news,  Yu Darvish is sad.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/sports/cubs-teammate-who-knows-yu-darvish-best-says-pitcher-believes-fans-hate-him/amp/

Dont like what you’re readiing/hearing(Darvish)? Fix it, actions speak louder then words.

Yu Darvish has simply been awful and injured so far. We are entering June now so he needs to get healthy and step his game up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4-0 Cubs now to the Bottom of the 7th.

The Cubs will shut out the Mets. :( You don't need Yu.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would rather have Matt Harvey than Yu :funny:

I'll take Yu any day over Harvey.

Looks like Gozer agrees with you (or is it Yu? Never mind. )

• Haha 3