Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crosstown Rivalry, Cubs vs White Sox......Zobrist with a double, Bryant hit by  pitch, Rizzo hits in Zobrist, Baez strikeout, Schwarber walks, Contreras hits a GRAND SLAM!!!!  Cubs lead 5-0 in the bottom of the first!!!!

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@2006Coltsbestever and others who like this stuff:

Which team since 1990 was the best not to win it all? Let's see if yours is the same as mine. 

I'd say 2001 Mariners just based on what I had heard about them. I didnt know baseball then (4, years old during WS) but too win 116 games not even make the WS ya. Had Ichiro with rookie of year and MVP.Have Lou Pinniella as manager. Win division by 14 games and that second place team won 102 games themselves. It is crazy to me.

29 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@GOZER and Cubs score 11 total. Willy had 2 homeruns and 2 doubles. 7 RBIs a career high and actually only had 9 on season before. Rizzo and Zobrist both with 3 reaches Bryant with 5. Not a bad game by offense overall

Wow! Had to leave game in 4th to coach sons little league game, unfortunately we did not have the same result :Cry:

31 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I'd say 2001 Mariners just based on what I had heard about them. I didnt know baseball then (4, years old during WS) but too win 116 games not even make the WS ya. Had Ichiro with rookie of year and MVP.Have Lou Pinniella as manager. Win division by 14 games and that second place team won 102 games themselves. It is crazy to me.

That is impressive! That Mariners team is exactly who I had in mind when I typed that question.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

That is impressive! That Mariners team is exactly who I had in mind when I typed that question.

I am late to the party but I was going to say them as well. They won 116 but lost to the Yankees in the ALCS. That Indians team that lost to the Cubs is probably 2nd, if a couple breaks go their way they beat us.

A look at the NL Central Standings going into May 12th games,

Cards 22-14 (W2)

BrewCrew 23-16 (W2) .5 back

Pirates 22-16 (W4) 1 back

Cubs 20-15 (W4) 1.5 back

Reds 12-27 (W4) 11.5 back

-The Cubs have won 4 in a row but because the 4 teams ahead of them are also sizzling hot, they haven't gained any ground over the last few days. The whole Division is on fire, Reds have even won 4 in row.

-No longer the Dark Knight, Matt Harvey has now become the RED KNIGHT! In Harvey's Reds debut, he pitched 4 scoreless Innings. Reds defeat the Dodgers 6-2 who now fall to 16-22. What is wrong with the Dodgers? Dodgers now 8 games behind the 1st place 24-14 Diamondbacks in the NL West.

-I love the AL East race. The RedSox and Yankees both are tied for 1st at 26-12. That should be fun to watch all season.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No longer the Dark Knight, Matt Harvey has now become the RED KNIGHT! In Harvey's Reds debut, he pitched 4 scoreless Innings. Reds defeat the Dodgers 6-2 who now fall to 16-22.

Lol. The Mets traded Harvey to the Reds for catcher Devin Mesoraco. He hit a HR in the ninth yesterday to give the Mets an insurance run. 

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. The Mets traded Harvey to the Reds for catcher Devin Mesoraco. He hit a HR in the ninth yesterday to give the Mets an insurance run. 

What this tells me about Harvey is he is rebellious , and probably wasn't putting out the effort in NY . Seems as long as hes the main focus hes fine. We will see how this plays in the Reds clubhouse . Maybe someone will give him an . 

:lol:

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LOL, how often does a trade work out for both teams that quickly?

I don't know that it has "worked out" yet but anything for Harvey was fine with me. Harvey may turn out to be the second coming of Cy Young and it would not bother me. He was not working out for the Mets. He was too self-centered. Moving to a place without as many distractions may work for him. 

7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

What this tells me about Harvey is he is rebellious , and probably wasn't putting out the effort in NY . Seems as long as hes the main focus hes fine. We will see how this plays in the Reds clubhouse . Maybe someone will give him an . 

Lol. He sure needs one. Getting traded to a non-contender should bring some humility.  If it was the Yankees, Cubs or Cards trading for him, it would boost his ego. But this is a demotion. Hopefully, for his sake, he gets his career back on track.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@Jay Kirk Which team do you believe was the best never to have won the World Series. We all thought the Mariners. Was there another that we did not mention? I think last year's Dodgers is a close second.

Well there were several very good Atlanta Braves clubs who failed to get it done where would I start . They were on the verge of dynasty if they would've won two or 3 more

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well there were several very good Atlanta Braves clubs who failed to get it done where would I start . They were on the verge of dynasty if they would've won two or 3 more

I think she meant out of the teams that haven't won a WS since 1990. Braves won one in 1995 as you know. I would say the 2001 Mariners and the 2016 Indians are #1 and 2 to me.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think she meant out of the teams that haven't won a WS since 1990. Braves won one in 1995 as you know. I would say the 2001 Mariners and the 2016 Indians are #1 and 2 to me.

Well probably would have to agree then

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well probably would have to agree then

2001 Mariners lost in the ALCS to the Yankees so they didn't lose to Humpty Dumpty and his buddies and they won 116 games so they are probably #1. The 2016 Indians almost gave me a heart attack and made me eat a bunch of Tums so for that I put them #2.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say the record doesn't tell the whole story though you really have to dig and investigate to come up with all the answers. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2001 Mariners lost in the ALCS to the Yankees so they didn't lose to Humpty Dumpty and his buddies and they won 116 games so they are probably #1. The 2016 Indians almost gave me a heart attack and made me eat a bunch of Tums so for that I put them #2.

Agreed the Indians team that lost to the Braves was no slouch

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I would say the record doesn't tell the whole story though you really have to dig and investigate to come up with all the answers. 

Agreed the Indians team that lost to the Braves was no slouch

That 1995 Indians went 100-44 in that shortened season, man they were Great but it was the Braves time to get over the hump.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That 1995 Indians went 100-44 in that shortened season, man they were Great but it was the Braves time to get over the hump.

How many do the Indians win that year if not shortened ?110 or 112

Archived