Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

55 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes there are some really good teams , Lol reason I wont make a prediction until All Star break . It lets me have a feel of where teams are at . What key pieces are missing so on . In all honesty should wait till after Trade deadline. I know the Cards are already set to pick up any key pieces they need at that time. They are serious about this and intend to be there at the end.:thmup:

It's better to make predictions at the All-Star break because the stretch run starts after that and we have more of a feel on who's good and who's bad. I went ahead and gave my prediction now and will look back on it at the break to see if I am on course. The season is so long that really in April and May as long as you stay around .500 your team is fine.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For giggles I'll pick my Division winners, NLCS and ALCS, and WS with this Post:

AL East - Boston RedSox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Houston Astros (different from last yr)

NL East - Washington Nationals

NL Central - Chicago Cubs

NL West - SF Giants (different from last yr)

ALCS - Boston RedSox over Cleveland Indians 4-3

NLCS - Chicago Cubs over SF Giants 4-2

WS - Chicago Cubs over Boston Redsox 4-3

-We will see how close I come with these before picks. I may be way off but then again I may nail most of these. The NL West is tough because I think the Dodgers are just as good as the Giants are and I think the Dodgers will make the Playoffs as a WildCard. I pick the Giants to win the Division though. The Cards are my other WildCard in the NL edging out the NY Mets. Not all of the same teams will make the Playoffs from last season so something has to give, I think Cards get in this season.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For giggles I'll pick my Division winners, NLCS and ALCS, and WS with this Post:

AL East - Boston RedSox

AL Central - Cleveland Indians

AL West - Houston Astros (different from last yr)

NL East - Washington Nationals

NL Central - Chicago Cubs

NL West - SF Giants (different from last yr)

ALCS - Boston RedSox over Cleveland Indians 4-3

NLCS - Chicago Cubs over SF Giants 4-2

WS - Chicago Cubs over Boston Redsox 4-3

-We will see how close I come with these before picks. I may be way off but then again I may nail most of these. The NL West is tough because I think the Dodgers are just as good as the Giants are and I think the Dodgers will make the Playoffs as a WildCard. I pick the Giants to win the Division though. The Cards are my other WildCard in the NL edging out the NY Mets. Not all of the same teams will make the Playoffs from last season so something has to give, I think Cards get in this season.

I think the Mets will be right there and possibly take the East and I know some may think different but the Cards have a legit chance in the Central it will be a Brawl lol to the end , possibly in all 3 NL divisions. I'm excited for this year in baseball , and very interested maybe even more than in the past because of this.

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I think the Mets will be right there and possibly take the East and I know some may think different but the Cards have a legit chance in the Central it will be a Brawl lol to the end , possibly in all 3 NL divisions. I'm excited for this year in baseball , and very interested maybe even more than in the past because of this.

I am actually rooting for the Mets in the East. I have always liked them and that is NFLfan's team as well. The Nationals though have a lot of firepower. I think it's a 2 team race in the NL Central between the Cubs/Cards. I don't think the Cubs run away with anything this season. They went 103-58 last season which wont happen again. I have the Cubs around 95 wins. I will say 95-67 for them if they stay relatively healthy. Health is always a key to these predictions.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am actually rooting for the Mets in the East. I have always liked them and that is NFLfan's team as well. The Nationals though have a lot of firepower. I think it's a 2 team race in the NL Central between the Cubs/Cards. I don't think the Cubs run away with anything this season. They went 103-58 last season which wont happen again. I have the Cubs around 95 wins. I will say 95-67 for them if they stay relatively healthy. Health is always a key to these predictions.

I agree I really think the Cards are setting in better position overall when it comes to injury , they have players in both the field and pitching that are ML ready . If the Cubs stay healthy I give them the nod by a slim margin. I think people will be shocked at M Wacha hes strengthened his shoulder and it shows his commands been good and velocity back was hitting in 97 mph range in spring , last year he was lucky to be in 92 to 93 range . That makes his change up devastating . Lynn looks really good coming back from TJ surgery . Question witch Adam Wainwright will we see ?

I am not sure we will see a 100 win team this season? The RedSox might win 100. I see the Indians around 95 like the Cubs. Giants, Nats, Cards, Dodgers, and Mets in the low 90's = 91/92 just guessing, like I said I may be off but looking at the rosters those are my early projections. I think the Cubs and Cards will only be separated by 2 or 3 games at the end if they both stay healthy.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure we will see a 100 win team this season? The RedSox might win 100. I see the Indians around 95 like the Cubs. Giants, Nats, Cards, Dodgers, and Mets in the low 90's = 91/92 just guessing, like I said I may be off but looking at the rosters those are my early projections. I think the Cubs and Cards will only be separated by 2 or 3 games at the end if they both stay healthy.

I agree I doubt we do but 2 years ago we had 3 in the Central pushing the mark.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

One thing for sure I hope we win that dreaded All Star game

I agree. I would feel better with HFA. Having said that the Cubs still managed to win without it but I would still rather have it. Last seasons WS about gave me a heart attack playing Game 7 in Cleveland and knowing the Cubs should've been at home because they had a better record. I wish they would change that rule to best record gets HFA.

23 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

One thing for sure I hope we win that dreaded All Star game

haha We never do. 

Where are our other Baseball-loving buddies? 

(I will write later when I have more time -- gotta stay focused on work. Mets all the way! Lol)

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree. I would feel better with HFA. Having said that the Cubs still managed to win without it but I would still rather have it. Last seasons WS about gave me a heart attack playing Game 7 in Cleveland and knowing the Cubs should've been at home because they had a better record. I wish they would change that rule to best record gets HFA.

I loved it , its what the WS should be like 2 prize fighters going down to the wire . Glad the Cubs won but wouldn't have griped if the Indians had the way they fought .

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I loved it , its what the WS should be like 2 prize fighters going down to the wire . Glad the Cubs won but wouldn't have griped if the Indians had the way they fought .

It was one of the best Game 7's I have witnessed. Had the Cubs lost I would've still said that. It had me so sick to my stomach I couldn't even eat. When Chap gave up the HR I felt like puking haha. That game was driving me nuts but in a good way.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looks like Lester vs Martinez will be the Pitching matchup come Sunday night. Interesting. Love that it is a night game, I am off work Sunday and Monday.

I am looking forward to watching that game. Should be a good one. Should we have a separate game thread??? "Opening Day Game Thread"?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I am looking forward to watching that game. Should be a good one. Should we have a separate game thread??? "Opening Day Game Thread"?

Not sure about the separate thread. I am good either way. If you or Jay want to create one that is ok with me if not we can just Post here. Yeah I cant wait for tomorrow. Your big day is Monday = Braves at Mets. Are you taking Monday off?

On 3/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, NFLfan said:

Prediction time:

Who will play in the World Series this Oct/Nov? Who wins?

Jay is right. How can we make a prediction now? But just for fun, I will make one:

Indians beat the Nationals in 6 games

Just be happy I did not pick your team. Everyone I predict to win loses. haha That is why I won't pick the Mets. ;)

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure about the separate thread. I am good either way. If you or Jay want to create one that is ok with me if not we can just Post here. Yeah I cant wait for tomorrow. Your big day is Monday = Braves at Mets. Are you taking Monday off?

I won't be taking off. :(  We are short staffed right now. And a few of us have missed work because of illness. So, it's not a good time to take off. I may go to a game next weekend. 

You're right. We don't need to have a separate thread.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Jay is right. How can we make a prediction now? But just for fun, I will make one:

Indians beat the Nationals in 6 games

Just be happy I did not pick your team. Everyone I predict to win loses. haha That is why I won't pick the Mets. ;)

I just love the fact you made a prediction. They are always fun to do so we can look back on it throughout the season. Your prediction is pretty reasonable and may happen. The same 2 teams making the WS rarely happens nor does Repeating as Champs. The Indians are borderline great, the Nats have a lot of firepower as well. I will stick with Cubs over RedSox in 7 games. I am going against the odds and predict a Repeat but the AL opponent will be the Sox this year not the Indians.

I just love the fact you made a prediction. They are always fun to do so we can look back on it throughout the season. Your prediction is pretty reasonable and may happen. The same 2 teams making the WS rarely happens nor does Repeating as Champs. The Indians are borderline great, the Nats have a lot of firepower as well. I will stick with Cubs over RedSox in 7 games. I am going against the odds and predict a Repeat but the AL opponent will be the Sox this year not the Indians.

I am listening to sports radio. The host Jody McDonald predicted a Cubs repeat. 

3 minutes ago, Solon said:

Let's go Dodgers, dun dun dundundun, Let's go Dodgers

Dodgers over the Rangers in 5.

Welcome to our club! We look forward to your contributions. I guess you're a Dodgers fan? Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Welcome to our club! We look forward to your contributions. I guess you're a Dodgers fan? Good Luck!

Yeah we have another Poster, great stuff. I wasn't sure if he has posted on this Thread before or not? I have seen him on the Colts threads. Looks like a Dodgers fan, they will be good and a threat to win it all.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:28 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball starts April 2nd, cant wait. Cubs at St. Louis. It's been a fun offseason enjoying the Championship, now it's time to get focused on going Back to Back. A lot of challengers like the Cards, Dodgers, Giants, Nats, and Mets in the NL. It should be an interesting ride. I will be curious to see if the Indians will Repeat as AL Champions. RedSox look damn great on paper.

Tomorrow!!!  Good luck to all of our teams!!!  :clover:

9 minutes ago, Solon said:

Let's go Dodgers, dun dun dundundun, Let's go Dodgers

Dodgers over the Rangers in 5.

Welcome Solon!!!  I have been off for a bit but follow the Reds, Cubs and Cardinals......and all of our teams.  This crew of posters are the best.  Cannot wait to see your posts.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we have another Poster, great stuff. I wasn't sure if he has posted on this Thread before or not? I have seen him on the Colts threads. Looks like a Dodgers fan, they will be good and a threat to win it all.

I don't think he has posted here before. But...it looks like someone is back. Maybe he will bring along his wife to this thread. :)

Baseball is back, Folks!

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Welcome Solon!!!  I have been off for a bit but follow the Reds, Cubs and Cardinals......and all of our teams.  This crew of posters are the best.  Cannot wait to see your posts.

I agree because we are all Fans of the game , even though we have our own teams.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I agree because we are all Fans of the game , even though we have our own teams.

This is probably the best Thread on this Site as far as regular Posters go. We have our disagreements at times but we all get along and respect the other persons favorite team. As a Cubs fan I respect the Cards bigtime, they are one of the best organizations of all-time.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is probably the best Thread on this Site as far as regular Posters go. We have our disagreements at times but we all get along and respect the other persons favorite team. As a Cubs fan I respect the Cards bigtime, they are one of the best organizations of all-time.

Yes its great as a fan getting perspective and of whats happening with other teams. This thread has always been respectful.

Just now, Jay Kirk said:

Yes its great as a fan getting perspective and of whats happening with other teams. This thread has always been respectful.

Yeah I agree. We have a Dodgers fan in here now, a few Cubs fans, you are a Cards fan, Brent is a Reds fan, NFL is a Mets fan, Northern is a Nats fan, Jared is a Braves fan, we also have a couple of Yankees fans that have Posted in here. Nice variety! I wish we had a RedSox fan that posted in here, Gramz likes the Indians, maybe she will post in here if they are doing well?

Yeah I agree. We have a Dodgers fan in here now, a few Cubs fans, you are a Cards fan, Brent is a Reds fan, NFL is a Mets fan, Northern is a Nats fan, Jared is a Braves fan, we also have a couple of Yankees fans that have Posted in here. Nice variety! I wish we had a RedSox fan that posted in here, Gramz likes the Indians, maybe she will post in here if they are doing well?

Thought we had someone else who liked the Indians and a Pirates fan and wheres Myles lol hes a Cards fan and I know there was another Cards fan. PT likes Reds and Cubs.

Archived