Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

On 8/31/2019 at 6:17 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder if the Cards are playing a double header today? Cubs are actually 73-61 lol.

The Cardinals had to play 2 double-headers in a row.  I'm a bit afraid that 4 games in 2 days is going to mess with the arms of the rotation.  

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardinals took 3 of 4 in the back to back double headers.  Great weekend for them and they took game one of the series with the Giants.  It's tough to play 4 games in 2 days on any level, but if they go on to win the division, they may look back to this past weekend as a key series.  If they had lost 3 of 4, who know what kind of effect that could have had.

Back up to a 3 game lead as the playoff race intensifies.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 6-1 over the Mariners to improve to 75-63. Still in control of the final wildcard spot = 2.5 games ahead of the Phillies who are 72-65. Fly the flag Hozer. Just 24 games left folks.

Boy was it great to see Benny back out there!!! And Contreras with a HR at his first at bat after coming back??? Wow!!! Oh, and it would have been a shutout if the Ump wouldn’t have screwed up, that run should NOT have counted as he crossed after the third out....but oh well, CUBS WIN!!!! Hopefully Javy and MVP come back from injury soon.

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

7 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Do the Cubs try and sign NC

They better!! He’s an absolute STUD that they can’t afford to let get away!!!

The 1st WS ever played was in 1903. Since 1903 - 2019, (MLB history) the Cubs have never made the playoffs 5 seasons in a row.  The Cubs have a chance to make the playoffs 5 seasons in a row here in 2019 = 2015-2019 and we won the WS in 2016. That is the goal as of now, just making the playoffs. I would love to win the NL Central but just getting in gives us as good as chance of anyone winning it all. Lets say it does come down to us and the Nats in a 1 game wildcard game take all, who would you guys want pitching for the Cubs? I am not sure right now. Nats currently hold the 1st wildcard spot.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1st WS ever played was in 1903. Since 1903 - 2019, (MLB history) the Cubs have never made the playoffs 5 seasons in a row.  The Cubs have a chance to make the playoffs 5 seasons in a row here in 2019 = 2015-2019 and we won the WS in 2016. That is the goal as of now, just making the playoffs. I would love to win the NL Central but just getting in gives us as good as chance of anyone winning it all. Lets say it does come down to us and the Nats in a 1 game wildcard game take all, who would you guys want pitching for the Cubs? I am not sure right now. Nats currently hold the 1st wildcard spot.

Hmm.......it’s a toss up between Q and the Professor.....probably Q.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I agree it is 50/50 between those 2. I would probably roll with the Professor only because he has WS experience on the team. Right now I do not trust Lester, Yu, or Hamels in a 1 game situation. 

You’re right I didn’t take that into consideration.....Professor for sure!

-Very nice! Cubs beat the BrewCrew 10-5. We widen the lead for that final Wildcard spot.

-The race for the final Wildcard spot heading into September 6th looks like this:

Cubs 76-63

D-backs 73-67 (3.5 back)

Phillies 72-67 (4 back)

-The NL Central standings look like this now:

Cards 79-61

Cubs 76-63 (2.5 back)

BrewCrew 71-68 (now 7.5 back lmao )

-Cubs are only 2.5 out of 1st in the NL Central, so winning the division is still possible.

-Fly the flag Hozer.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is wrong with Cole Hamels?

Having hard time being himself after his injury, such a shame. Hope he can get it together....man we had a chance to get closer to the Cards since they lost, too! :Cry:

Archived