Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are only 2 games out of 1st place now in the NL Central. Cards are now 73-59, Cubs are at 71-61 and have a 2 game lead over the Phillies who are 69-63 for that final wildcard spot. Cubs have just 30 games left.

To add to this the Brewers are still hanging around at 68-65. 

16 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I think you have told me this before. Sorry lots of blows to my head have taken their toll! 

It it takes me about 20 mins to drive to work, sometimes longer with construction or traffic. I think it’d be neat to live in New York, maybe not forever, but for a while and work downtown, use the subways and other forms of transport. A lot of people I talk to about living there say no thanks due to the traffic, crime, etc, but IDK something’s always appealed to me about New York.

Crime is not high in NYC anymore, especially not in Manhattan. Compared to other big cities, crime rate is low. It has one of the lowest murder rates per capita. Other big cities are much higher. My mom is 80 and she has gone out by herself or with her other 80ish year old friends at night and they feel safe. Last Christmas, she went to midnight mass and walked home alone at around 2am (church was only 1/4 mile away). She did not want us to pick her up or send an Uber.

Anyway, you should visit. 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs trying to pull off a shocking sweep of the Mets at NY. Not over yet though. Cubs lead 4-1 in the 8th.

Getting swept at home (6 in a row) allows me to focus on football. :D

(I'm looking at the bright side haha)

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hear ya, I am more into baseball right now. I have watched maybe 10 minutes of the Colts game tonight. Kelly looked ok, Walker had a TD pass that was dropped. Cubs are in the middle of a playoff push, Luck gave me a gut punch lmao . 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fly the flag Hozer, Cubs win 4-1 and sweep the Mets, impressive because that was at NY. Kimbrel closes it down. 72-61 now on the season and only 1.5 back in the NL Central of the 73-59 Cards. Cubs now have a strangle hold on that final wildcard spot at worse. 

Caratini with 2 HRs tonight! Wow!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry friend...hopefully football makes it all better :hug:

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, sorry about that series. I like the Mets but love the Cubs. Look at the bright side, football is coming and you have Captain Kirk :thmup:

You know I don't like Kirk. I would take Case over Kirk. Case is more of a gamer and the players had great chemistry with him. Kirk is not genuine.

I'm worried we may cut my favorite QB on the Vikes: Kyle Sloter. 

What do you guys think about this story? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mixture-of-opioids-alcohol-led-to-death-of-angels-p-tyler-skaggs-200750671.html
"Medical reports show that Tyler Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol in his system when he died."

His family has hired an attorney to find out who gave him the drugs. In their statement, they said that this is "out of character" for their son and

"We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels."

I don't know but it seems like the family is trying to blame others for their son's actions. This was an adult. What happened to personal responsibility? Unless he did not know what he was ingesting, I don't see what case they have. 

Thoughts??

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-mixture-of-opioids-alcohol-led-to-death-of-angels-p-tyler-skaggs-200750671.html
"Medical reports show that Tyler Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone and alcohol in his system when he died."

His family has hired an attorney to find out who gave him the drugs. In their statement, they said that this is "out of character" for their son and

"We were shocked to learn that it may involve an employee of the Los Angeles Angels."

I don't know but it seems like the family is trying to blame others for their son's actions. This was an adult. What happened to personal responsibility? Unless he did not know what he was ingesting, I don't see what case they have. 

Thoughts??

Sad story but one should always know what they are ingesting unless someone poisons them without them not knowing. I am not buying he did not know he was drinking Alcohol or taking drugs. 

Cubs lead 6-0 over the Brewers now in the 7th. Me thinks after last season the Brewers got big headed. They look like toast to me. Win the WS before getting big headed lmao . 

In all seriousness they are not winning a lot of games with walkoffs and teams making silly mistakes against them this year. I kept saying they were lucky as hell last season, it looks like I was right unless they go on a tear in September.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This was too easy. Cubs win 7-1 over the BrewCrew. Cubs are now 73-61 and have won 4 in a row. Only 1 game behind the 1st place Cards in the NL Central who are 73-59. Cubs now have a 3 game lead over the Phillies who are 69-63 for the last wildcard spot. Fly the flag Hozer.

CUBS ON A ROLL BABY!!!!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thoughts??

That’s so sad! Hope they bust whoever gave home that crap, and charge him with man slaughter!!!!

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thoughts??

I totally understand where you’re coming from though, he was definitely responsible for his own actions and unfortunately paid the price for it. Although, I have seen it one too many times where people die of overdoses and the investigation ends there, no push to try and find the supplier and maybe stop him from enabling many more users, you know, cut off the supply, at least temporarily. I had a good friend that I went to high school with, father of four, who had been in recovery and doing great, die of an overdose two months ago. A lot of his friends, including myself, wish we could get our hands on his dealer, or at least been there to stop him from using.

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

I totally understand where you’re coming from though, he was definitely responsible for his own actions and unfortunately paid the price for it. Although, I have seen it one too many times where people die of overdoses and the investigation ends there, no push to try and find the supplier and maybe stop him from enabling many more users, you know, cut off the supply, at least temporarily. I had a good friend that I went to high school with, father of four, who had been in recovery and doing great, die of an overdose two months ago. A lot of his friends, including myself, wish we could get our hands on his dealer, or at least been there to stop him from using.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and anyone else who may have died of an overdose. It is so sad. My condolences. 

In this particular story, it seems that the family is saying that they know for sure that it was someone in the Angels organization that supplied the drugs. There is nothing in their statement that faults their son in any way. I have met many people who claim that it is others who are to blame for their teenage or adult children's behavior. It is doing the child a disservice. IMO. 

As for prosecuting the person who gave him the drugs, I am all for that.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards game got postponed, so the NL Central standings heading into the last day of August (August 31st) look like this:

Cards 73-59

Cubs 73-61 (1 back)

Brewers 68-66 (6 back)

Cubs are 3.5 games ahead of the Phillies for that final wildcard spot. Phillies are 69-64, they lost tonight.

I wonder if the Cards are playing a double header today? Cubs are actually 73-61 lol.

Welp Cubs lose, 2-0 took the day off I guess? Hammels ended up settling down after that first inning and had a pretty good game. We’ll get them tomorrow!

Currently sitting in Victory Field with my son watching the Indianapolis Indians play the Columbus Clippers. Good times!

10 hours ago, HOZER said:

Welp Cubs lose, 2-0 took the day off I guess? Hammels ended up settling down after that first inning and had a pretty good game. We’ll get them tomorrow!

Currently sitting in Victory Field with my son watching the Indianapolis Indians play the Columbus Clippers. Good times!

At least the Phillies lost again. Cubs still currently hold a 3.5 game lead for that final wildcard spot as September begins. Cubs are at 73-62 and the Phillies are at 69-65. Regarding winning the division, it is still possible. Cards are 2.5 ahead at 75-59 but have been winning almost every night lately. If we just make the playoffs I will be happy because anything can happen as long as you get in. 

Wrigley just showed a boy out in the crowd probably 12 or 13 or so eating a fruit bowl while his mom sitting next to him had 3 Hot Dogs on a plate. Then they showed a little girl probably 5 drinking out of a water bottle the size of a 2 liter, she could barely lift it :funny:. Still 0-0 to the bottom of the 3rd. So far Chatwood has been good through 3.

59 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Unreal.

Yeah shut out 2 days in a row, not good. I think the Cards will win the division but I have thought for a while. We are still in complete control of the final wildcard spot. Getting shutout 2 days in a row at home is concerning though. Just have to move on and clinch a playoff spot no matter how we get in.

2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Rizzo and Schwarber save the day!!!!

Yep we went 24 innings without scoring a run and then we erupted to win 5-1. Cards won again today and go to 77-60. We are still only 3 games behind them in the NL Central at 74-63. The Phillies won too but are just 71-65. Cubs are 2.5 games ahead of the Phillies for that final wildcard spot. We do not play the Phillies again this season. This is the way it looks heading into September 3rd folks.

Archived