Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We got out of the 8th, hopefully Kimbrel can close this in the 9th. To the bottom of the 8th, 6-5 Cubs.

Bad news........Kimbrel  is on the 10 day IL for knee inflammation, announced earlier today.:Cry:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! 6-5, they beat the red hot A's. Fly the flag Hozer. Man we made it interesting haha .

Whew!!!!! That was almost a walkoff HR! Glad Happ got ahold of it! He had a HR tonight too!!! 

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Just now, HOZER said:

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

Cards are down 5-0 now, we should have a 2.5 game lead after tonight. That news about Kimbrel stinks because our bullpen is shaky. It's weird I follow the Cubs 24/7 most of the time and didn't hear that. It has been like that all season, we get someone key back, then we lose someone key. SMH.

Heading into August 6th, NL Central standings are:

Cubs 61-51

Cards 58-53 (2.5 back)

Brewers 58-56 (4 back)

Reds 53-58 (7.5 back)

Pirates 48-64 (13 back)

-August is when the great teams shine, so far Cubs rule. Once August gets here it is do or die and we really see in this month who is who. The Cards have a very good roster and we play them in September seven times (4 of them at Wrigley) but I do not see them winning a series in Wrigley. Only time will tell. We are great at home.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards are down 5-0 now, we should have a 2.5 game lead after tonight. That news about Kimbrel stinks because our bullpen is shaky. It's weird I follow the Cubs 24/7 most of the time and didn't hear that. It has been like that all season, we get someone key back, then we lose someone key. SMH.

Now Kintzlers hurt with a sore pec, injuries starting to pile up, no bueno.

The Cardinals are going down as fast as they went up last week...ugh!

I went to Cincinnati last night to see the Angels play.  Wanted to see Mike Trout in person and also see Pujols one last time.  Albert didn't start, but did pinch hit in the 9th, but I had already left for the long drive home.  Listened to the rest of the game on the radio.

Trout hit a line drive into the second desk of seats in left field in his 3rd at bat.  Walked and stole a base in the 1st, then singled his second time up.  He is an amazing player and I'm so glad I got to see him.

He stopped and signed autographs for a few kinds a few minutes before the game after he did some sprints, and whenever he caught the 3rd out of an inning, he'd throw the ball to someone in the stands.  Everything I've seen and read about him shows he's so humble and gives back a lot.  Great example to young people...just wish he played for an east coast team so I could see more of his games.  Those 10 p.m. eastern time starts are way too late for me.

16 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

The Cardinals are going down as fast as they went up last week...ugh!

I went to Cincinnati last night to see the Angels play.  Wanted to see Mike Trout in person and also see Pujols one last time.  Albert didn't start, but did pinch hit in the 9th, but I had already left for the long drive home.  Listened to the rest of the game on the radio.

Trout hit a line drive into the second desk of seats in left field in his 3rd at bat.  Walked and stole a base in the 1st, then singled his second time up.  He is an amazing player and I'm so glad I got to see him.

He stopped and signed autographs for a few kinds a few minutes before the game after he did some sprints, and whenever he caught the 3rd out of an inning, he'd throw the ball to someone in the stands.  Everything I've seen and read about him shows he's so humble and gives back a lot.  Great example to young people...just wish he played for an east coast team so I could see more of his games.  Those 10 p.m. eastern time starts are way too late for me.

Cubs lead by 2.5 but go on a long road trip shortly, also our pitchers can't stay healthy. This race is far from over. Regarding Mike Trout, great ball player but if his teams keep missing the playoffs he will never be mentioned with the greatest players that have won championships. That is just how the media is.

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs lead by 2.5 but go on a long road trip shortly, also our pitchers can't stay healthy. This race is far from over. Regarding Mike Trout, great ball player but if his teams keep missing the playoffs he will never be mentioned with the greatest players that have won championships. That is just how the media is.

I know it's far from over and we have some guys coming back from the IL.

I do wish they would go back to at least a 3 game series for the Wild Card teams.  All the effort to get a Wild Card birth and then have it be a one and done seems useless.

25 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I know it's far from over and we have some guys coming back from the IL.

I do wish they would go back to at least a 3 game series for the Wild Card teams.  All the effort to get a Wild Card birth and then have it be a one and done seems useless.

I agree. When the Cubs didn't win the division last season and made the wildcard I knew it would be tough in a 1 game situation. Those games are always 50/50.

Lester layed an egg tonight, Cubs were down 8-0 in the second, now trailing 11-0 in the 6th.  One positive is The pitcher brought in to relieve Lester, Underwood JR, he has struck out 6 in a row during his big league debut. 

Update: Now 11-2 after a Castellanos double and Bryant homerun.

28 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Lester layed an egg tonight, Cubs were down 8-0 in the second, now trailing 11-0 in the 6th.  One positive is The pitcher brought in to relieve Lester, Underwood JR, he has struck out 6 in a row during his big league debut. 

Update: Now 11-2 after a Castellanos double and Bryant homerun.

Yeah Jonny didn't have it tonight. A's are an explosive team. I had us winning 2 of 3 in the series, I figured they would get one. MVP HR's again. Rubber match tomorrow. Cards at LA just started, I will keep an eye on it.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Jonny didn't have it tonight. A's are an explosive team. I had us winning 2 of 3 in the series, I figured they would get one. MVP HR's again. Rubber match tomorrow. Cards at LA just started, I will keep an eye on it.

Going to the game today, praying for a better performance then yesterday for sure! A’s are a good team, so it’ll be tough. I promised myself I’d have fun either way, lol!:rock:

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Going to the game today, praying for a better performance then yesterday for sure! A’s are a good team, so it’ll be tough. I promised myself I’d have fun either way, lol!:rock:

Enjoy it. Don't boo your own players. :P

Yesterday, I went to a community event and the local police department gave out Mets t-shirts. The message on the t-shirts:

citi field mets GIF by The 7 Line

Signed by our long-time Mets radio announcer Howie Rose (pictured). Mets have been doing a lot of that lately (winning), albeit against poor teams. Let's see how they play against the Nats.

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Enjoy it. Don't boo your own players. :P

Hahaha I would never do that, OK, maybe if Strop pitches, but other then that....:thmup:

Heres why I love Lester...he had a horrible game yesterday, but he is a straight shooter and places all the blame on himself(pretty obvious) and says Underwood should have started in his place, lol. He’s a seasoned vet and knows he’ll have theses trash can games from time to time. I believe this is his second most allowed earned runs in an inning ever, at 8. Hopefully he can put it past him and be the gunslinger we all know he is again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27337604/roughed-lester-weakest-link-cubs-rotation%3fplatform=amp

5 hours ago, HOZER said:

Hopefully we get the win and you do not have to sit through something like last night haha . Cards lost last night so we are still 2.5 ahead, so they did not gain any ground. Enjoy.

Cubs play the next 10 games on the road, that will be the tell all right there. If we can come out of that and still lead the NL Central than our chances of winning the division is above 50% IMO. Cubs play 4 at Cincy, 3 at Philly, and 3 at Pitt. If we can go 5-5 in those 10 games I will be ok with it, 6-4 would be fantastic.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 10-1 over the A's, take 2 of 3 against a really good team. The team is now 62-52 and 3 ahead of the Cards in the NL Central as of now. Fly the flag Hozer.

Awesome game, in the company of some awesome people, we’re partying it up in Wrigleyville right now!!!!  Hope everyone is having a great day!!!! Now the real test begins for the Cubs, can we get some series wins on the road?!?!?! GoCubsGo!!!!

Cards lost again. Going into this road trip we will have a 3.5 game lead over the Cards. We have a little cushion which helps. We are also 3.5 ahead of the Brewers.

NL Central standings look like this as of now:

Cubs 62-52

Cards 58-55 (3.5 back)

Brewers 59-56 (3.5 back), currently playing the Pirates right now.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards lost again. Going into this road trip we will have a 3.5 game lead over the Cards. We have a little cushion which helps. We are also 3.5 ahead of the Brewers.

NL Central standings look like this as of now:

Cubs 62-52

Cards 58-55 (3.5 back)

Brewers 59-56 (3.5 back), currently playing the Pirates right now.

200.gif

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs play the next 10 games on the road, that will be the tell all right there. If we can come out of that and still lead the NL Central than our chances of winning the division is above 50% IMO. Cubs play 4 at Cincy, 3 at Philly, and 3 at Pitt. If we can go 5-5 in those 10 games I will be ok with it, 6-4 would be fantastic.

i-aint-scared-4x0las.jpg

So through August 7th, NL Central standings are:

Cubs 62-52

Brewers 60-56 (3 back)

Cards 58-55 (3.5 back)

Reds 54-58 (7 back)

Pirates 48-66 (14 back)

After this 10 game road trip by the Cubs, It will be interesting to see what these standings look like. If we are still 1 game ahead I will take it because then we have a bunch of home games. At home we are great.

Hammels with a rough night, replaced by Chatwood early, who surprisingly has done pretty good so far. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the Castellanos signing? 2 HRs tonight! Change the mans name to BLASTellanos!!! New catcher Lucroy not doing bad either, drove in a run was a nice base hit. 2 newest guys making immediate impact, love it!

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks, Hozer. This is the first I am hearing/reading about this. 

How was the game?

So much fun, any day at Wrigley is a good one. First time I’ve ever been there for a grand slam, that was so awesome!!! Can’t wait to go back.

Archived