Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Congratulations to the Astros! It is great for the people of Houston to celebrate a championship after all they went through during and after Hurricane Harvey. They should enjoy this. 

Congrats @Qwiz. You guys deserve it. :applause:

Thank you! I went out last night and could feel the triumph in the air. It’s been a long time coming! 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Thank you! I went out last night and could feel the triumph in the air. It’s been a long time coming! 

Wonderful. Enjoy it. I am happy for you guys.

I just read that Watson tore his ACL? I feel terrible about it. He was having such a great rookie season. That stinks. He seems like such a great kid. So many injuries! And it was another non-contact one. :(  Sorry about that. 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I just read that Watson tore his ACL? I feel terrible about it. He was having such a great rookie season. That stinks. He seems like such a great kid. So many injuries! And it was another non-contact one. :(  Sorry about that. 

The sad face was for Watson, that does stink he's out.

48 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah all these non-contact devastating injuries are mind-boggling. And this happens literally the day after Houston finally wins the World Series. The Texans are cursed. 

1 hour ago, Qwiz said:

Yeah all these non-contact devastating injuries are mind-boggling. And this happens literally the day after Houston finally wins the World Series. The Texans are cursed. 

Yeah and eventhough you guys are one of our rivals, Watson was my guy. I thought Chicago should've drafted him. I have bragged about Watson all season. Damn shame.

2 hours ago, Qwiz said:

I remember when that happened to Teddy; I was devastated. What made me feel better was that he was only 23. Watson is young and he will be back. There is no question you have your QB of the future. That is exciting. 

(Btw, Teddy is expected back next week. :cheer2:

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when that happened to Teddy; I was devastated. What made me feel better was that he was only 23. Watson is young and he will be back. There is no question you have your QB of the future. That is exciting. 

(Btw, Teddy is expected back next week. :cheer2:

Awesome! So Teddy is gonna start? 

Just now, Qwiz said:

Awesome! So Teddy is gonna start? 

We are not sure yet. That is the million dollar question among Vikings fans. Most want Teddy or Bradford but some like Keenum despite his being very inaccurate. He has the intangibles.

Just now, NFLfan said:

We are not sure yet. That is the million dollar question among Vikings fans. Most want Teddy or Bradford but some like Keenum despite his being very inaccurate. He has the intangibles.

Oh yeah, I loved Keenum when he was in Houston. A hometown hero. But if it’s between he and Teddy then Teddy will give you the best chance to win no doubt. He needs to knock off the rust anyway. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:33 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was going over my greatest teams per decade record wise to win the WS as I watching the MLB edition of the All-Star Game and I came up with this. This is since the 1947Season merger when African Americans were allowed to play and WWII was over.

The 1950's

1953 New York Yankees, (99-52 record) beat the Brooklyn Dodgers 4-2 in the WS.

The 1960's

1961 New York Yankees, (109-53 record) beat the Cincinnati Reds 4-1 in the WS. The year Roger Maris hit 61 HR's to set the record beating Babe Ruth's of 60.

The 1970's

1975 Cincinnati Reds, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Perhaps the greatest WS ever played and the BigRed Machine prevailed. Also the 1970 Baltimore Orioles went 108-54 defeating the Cincinnati Reds 4-1 in the WS.

The 1980's

1986 New York Mets, (108-54 record) beat the Boston Red Sox 4-3 in the WS. Bill Buckner's error opened the door for the Mets in Game 6. Mets close the deal in Game 7.

The 1990's

1998 New York Yankees, (114-48 record) beat the San Diego Padres 4-0 in the WS. 114 wins and WS sweep, not much else to say!

The 2000's-2009

2009 New York Yankees, (103-59 record) beat the Philadelphia Phillies 4-2 in the WS. During this season Derek Jeter became the Yankees all-time Hits leader passing Lou Gehrig. Jeter recorded Hit #2722, Gehrig had 2721 in his career.

The 2010's-2017 so far

2016 Chicago Cubs, (103-58 record) beat the Cleveland Indians 4-3 in the WS. The Cubs end a 108 year Championship drought and become only the 2nd team in MLB history to win a WS when being down 3-1 and having to win Game 6 and 7 on the road.

This! Cubs still have the best record this decade to win a WS. Houston Astros were 101-61 in 2017. Just fell a wee bit short.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@Jay Kirk I would just keep this as our Thread for next season, just change the Title to 2018 Astros Repeat?. A lot of Great Posts have been made on this Thread, this Thread has been the best.

"MLB" or "Baseball" should be included in the title so that new members who are baseball fans can find it and join us. 

What do you think?:

"2018 All MLB: Astros Repeat??"

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

"MLB" or "Baseball" should be included in the title just in case new members who are baseball fans can find it and join us. 

What do you think?:

"2018 All MLB: Astros Repeat??"

I agree, that should be the Title. I went through a ton of our Posts earlier and there have been a ton of great one's. I think we should just keep it going and go with your Title = 2018 All MLB: Astros Repeat?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, that should be the Title. I went through a ton of our Posts earlier and there have been a ton of great one's. I think we should just keep it going and go with your Title = 2018 All MLB: Astros Repeat?

So you want to edit the title and continue this thread? If so, maybe it should be called "All MLB" or "Baseball". Then we never have to change the title. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I hear you. I love this thread. I believe  a mod has to edit the Title.  Let's wait for Jay to reply. 

Yeah once Jay replies with the Title he wants we can get Rock that Blue to change it as he is always on the Site. I thought Jay could change it himself since he created it but I may be wrong. I never create Titles.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah once Jay replies with the Title he wants we can get Rock that Blue to change it as he is always on the Site. I thought Jay could change it himself since he created it but I may be wrong. I never create Titles.

Just tag me whenever you guys decide on it, and I'll change it.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he's always around.

Well that speaks highly of our thread . What little riffs we have had , have been settled like adults a really class group of people and thank you for the support. I'm ready for the winter meetings .

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

But we know it is a wolf in sheep clothing right?  Cuz we are still going to discuss the Cubs :lol:

Oh of course and hardly no teams Repeat, last to do it were the 2000 Yankees. I am sort of glad the Dodgers lost even though I was convinced they would win it after beating the Cubs. Dodgers fans (not all) were becoming obnoxious after beating the Cubs and thought they had it in the bag. Some of the comments from Posters over at ESPN were down right arrogant. I can live with the Astros winning it since the Cubs didn't. Dodgers fans have disappeared from comment boards as well, as a Cubs I am still here because we just won a Ring last season so I have nothing to feel bad about losing this season. Dodgers haven't won in 30 years lmao 

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh of course and hardly no teams Repeat, last to do it were the 2000 Yankees. I am sort of glad the Dodgers lost even though I was convinced they would win it after beating the Cubs. Dodgers fans (not all) were becoming obnoxious after beating the Cubs and thought they had it in the bag. Some of the comments from Posters over at ESPN were down right arrogant. I can live with the Astros winning it since the Cubs didn't. Dodgers fans have disappeared from comment boards as well, as a Cubs I am still here because we just won a Ring last season so I have nothing to feel bad about losing this season. Dodgers haven't won in 30 years lmao 

When I was a kid I loved the Dodgers.  I was a baseball fan then.  Sill am but now I am more of a one team fan.  Back then I didn't really identify with a team so much as I did good ball.  I wrote a paper my freshman year about Sandy Koufax ... he was my baseball idol from mid 70's-late 80's.  Never saw him play, just read about him.  That was good enough.

I also liked Hershiser and Frenado Valenzuela as far as LA goes.... they were both fun to watch... two different yet effective styles.

Not sure what it was that diverted my attention to the Cubs because I really liked the Reds too during the Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan (and many more) years.  My dad was my little league coach and he used to take our whole team to Indians games, who were the Reds farm team back then as I am sure you know.  It was easy to like the Reds in those days.  The Dodgers too, they won.  Somehow dad got me into the Indians locker room after a game and all the guys signed a baseball I had taken with me.  I still have it somewhere.  Couldn't tell you one name on it... even if I had it right in front of me, lol.  It was really cool and fun... I will never forget the moment.

I didn't really become a true Cubs fan until a little later ... maybe 1990'ish.  Even though he (dad) used to take us to Cubs games too.  Dad passed in 1992 and I did not go to a game for a long time.  I think it was 2002 that my accountant took me to a Cubs game..... all of a sudden I remembered why I was a Cubs fan and why I loved baseball.  Been that way sense.... I can't imagine my spring and fall without baseball (my two favorite parts of the season).

I used to have one hell of a card collection..... including a Ricky Henderson rookie card in mint woo-whoo.  I gave what I had left to my stepson when I remarried about six years ago.

It has been rewarding being a Cubs fan over the last decade really.  But, the last three years have been special.

CBE, not sure where I was going with this, LOL.  Just thought I would share that with you.

Archived