Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I dont know why he doesn't like Strop, outside of when he pitches against the Cardinals he is pretty good, and also an interesting character

Strop isn't Very Good or Great but I would say Good for the most part. I like him. He is like Edwards = Good but has his bad moments too.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he always expects the Patriots to explode at anytime and win haha 

We Mets fans expect the Mets to lose at any time. The belief around here is that Mets fans are always waiting (anticipating) for the other shoe to drop.

Cubs win 2-0, sweep the Mets in NY - Cubs haven't swept a 4 game series at NY since 1991! So far no June Swoon LOL. No matter what happens the rest of the day with other teams, Cubs will remain 4th in the overall NL Standings. Great stuff by Jonny today, fly the flag Gozer.

-NFLfan, sorry about the series if you are still on line with TV on. I like the Mets, they are just not healthy.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 2-0, sweep the Mets in NY - Cubs haven't swept a 4 game series at NY since 1991! So far no June Swoon LOL. No matter what happens the rest of the day with other teams, Cubs will remain 4th in the overall NL Standings. Great stuff by Jonny today, fly the flag Gozer.

-NFLfan, sorry about the series if you are still on line with TV on. I like the Mets, they are just not healthy.

:facepalm: :scorebad::thmdown:

20180603_155300.png

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

:facepalm: :scorebad::thmdown:

20180603_155300.png

At least you are a good sport about it. You guys swept us in the NLCS in 2015 to win the NL, so you have that. I was talking smack back then but did at least congratulate you on that big win. I believe in being a good sport like you do. Murphy took us to school to bring back great memories for you :thmup:

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the Buffalo guy was a Mets fan, he would've been cussing with Baez stealing home for a Run lmao 

Javy being Javy, after game during interview Contreras mentioned they had planned that play out.

7D7E4F09-E9C3-4EC9-A42B-E56156564CCA.jpeg

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Now that we are into June, here's a look at the current NL Standings as of June 2nd:

#1 Seed would be the BrewCrew at 37-22 - Central

#2 Seed would be the Braves at 34-24 - East

#3 Seed would be the D-Backs at 30-27 - West

-Those are the 3 Division leaders

#4 Seed would be the Cubs at 32-23 (Wildcard) - Central

#5 Seed would be the Nats at 33-24 (Wildcard) - East

-It will be fun to go back and look at where these teams stand at the All-Star break in July.

Im guessing the Brew Crew comes back to earth again now that they have to play real competition the next couple weeks , there will be another shake up atop the Central and it could be the Cards or Cubs perched there . We get Martinez and Yadi back tomorrow. 

One thing im seeing is Ozuna's bat is coming alive average climbing hit HRs each of last two , one yesterday a Slam . He seems relaxed now that is a plus . Matt Carpenter has it going as well , he quit trying to pull the ball everytime  making teams pay for the shift.

6 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Im guessing the Brew Crew comes back to earth again now that they have to play real competition the next couple weeks , there will be another shake up atop the Central and it could be the Cards or Cubs perched there . We get Martinez and Yadi back tomorrow. 

Thats what I've been saying with regard to  Brew Crew, they have a bad record against over .500 teams, Cards and Cubs were the two had performed well against them

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well entire NL Central lost today so everything stayed the same

Yeah we laid an egg. Hendricks didn't have it, golden opportunity to get within a game of the Brewers. Still only 2 back and we just won 4 in a row, so I am not going to complain. We need to get the next 2 against Philly in this homeset, 2 out of 3 is what I expected. Arrieta isn't Pitching in this set. The tribute to him during the game was outstanding.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we laid an egg. Hendricks didn't have it, golden opportunity to get within a game of the Brewers. Still only 2 back and we just won 4 in a row, so I am not going to complain. We need to get the next 2 against Philly in this homeset, 2 out of 3 is what I expected. Arrieta isn't Pitching in this set. The tribute to him during the game was outstanding.

Martinez gave up two runs in four innings , I didn't expect him to be sharp. Guilmet got the loss I didn't even know we had a Guilmet Lol , and probably wont long.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

RIP Red Schoendist(sp?)

Rest in Peace. My condolences, @Jay Kirk

Quote:

"Red was one of the greatest Cardinals of all time, and a beloved member of the Cardinals organization for over six decades," said Cardinals owner Bill DeWitt, Jr. "His influence on this organization cannot be overstated. Red was a great player, a great manager, and a wonderful mentor to countless players, coaches, and members of the front office. He was also a fan favorite who connected with millions of Cardinals fans across multiple generations.  He will be sorely missed."

Hall of Fame Cardinal Has Died

Archived