Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need To Go With Solid Blue Helmets With A White Horseshoe

LiveColtsFootball

i been thinkin...

its time we change our helmets

We need to go with Solid blue helmets with a white horseshoe

im tired of these helmets been like they are for too long now

time for some solid blue no white stripe down the middle just a solid sexy blue with white horseshoe and blue facemask that would be straight up awesome!! what do yall think?

nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooowaaaaaaaa!!

The only way I could see them doing this is if they had them as an alternate for away games, but keeping the classic uni's for home games. Other than that, I'd say leave them as they are. I found this concept to illustrate what I'm talking about.

indyalternates.jpg

Obviously a Mike Hart fan.

I forgot about the blue alternate. I don't recall seeing the alt. in 2011. If we wore a blue helmet it should only be one game a year and probably against Tennessee since their is a whole lot of white going on when those two clash. but to tweak the Horseshoe or white helmet never! there is too much tradition from Unitas to Manning it's just too iconic. go on a Yankee message board and say pinstripes look out of date or go to the Crimson Tide board and tell them they need to replace the numbers with an Elephant logo.

i been thinkin...

time for some solid blue no white stripe down the middle just a solid sexy blue with white horseshoe and blue facemask that would be straight up awesome!! what do yall think?

That helmet was good enough for the tough guys that played in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" and it will forever stand for ome thing, The COLTS

Why not paint The Statue of Liberty purple?

I'm fine with what we have now. Only thing I don't care for are the short stripes on the shoulders. I could have sworn the stripes went completely around the sleeve a few years ago, or were at least longer and went under the armpit. Maybe it's because guys are basically going sleeveless and they had to redesign the jerseys and shorten the stripes.

I did find these photos that show Harbaugh's jersey stripes being longer...I like that look better than the current.

I'm fine with what we have now. Only thing I don't care for are the short stripes on the shoulders. I could have sworn the stripes went completely around the sleeve a few years ago, or were at least longer and went under the armpit. Maybe it's because guys are basically going sleeveless and they had to redesign the jerseys and shorten the stripes.

I did find these photos that show Harbaugh's jersey stripes being longer...I like that look better than the current.

at one time they did go all the way around down on the sleeve, now everyone has the shoulder stripes. styles change over the years. you see similar trends with other teams

i been thinkin...

are you serious or trying to get an ardent and strong reaction?You don't mess with perfection and tradition.In a word NO