Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Need To Go With Solid Blue Helmets With A White Horseshoe

LiveColtsFootball

i been thinkin...

its time we change our helmets

We need to go with Solid blue helmets with a white horseshoe

im tired of these helmets been like they are for too long now

time for some solid blue no white stripe down the middle just a solid sexy blue with white horseshoe and blue facemask that would be straight up awesome!! what do yall think?

it is time for a uniform change ! why Not we are changing everything else....yes to the blue helments....heck I would like to see flat blue helmet like the stanford Black ones...or was that oregon....i dunno....

I could not get a could pic of the satanford one...but I like the flat...think of a the shoe/the flat blue....it would look nice!

Football-Black-Helmet-20091.jpg

i been thinkin...

time for some solid blue no white stripe down the middle just a solid sexy blue with white horseshoe and blue facemask that would be straight up awesome!! what do yall think?

Nope. No need to change simply because one person wants a new helmet.

Oh heaven forbid we change the unis!!!! The world will end as we know it!!! I don't want a wholesale change, but an alternate that keeps the same motif but changes the colors (i.e. blue helmet, white horseshoe). I know the Colts uni is a classic. I get it. But I also liked the blue pants they wore a few times during the 90s, and the blue facemasks (worn until 2004 or so)...gray is so blah IMO. Once in a while I'd like to see the Colts come out in all blue...but keep it for special occasions (like ND's green jerseys)

But please, have some foresight....

think the colts will be more then likely changing enough when manning is gone and luck at QB. no need to change their uniforms. whats next? black jerseys with blue stripes on the shoulders and blue numbers? leave em the way they are. alternate uniform wouldnt be bad thought....something liek this

flat blue helmet with white horse shoe blue facemask

silver jersey with blue numbers

blue pants with with a silver stripe going down the side.

The only way I could see them doing this is if they had them as an alternate for away games, but keeping the classic uni's for home games. Other than that, I'd say leave them as they are. I found this concept to illustrate what I'm talking about.

indyalternates.jpg

i been thinkin...

Never, EVER, change the helmet. It was the helmet that drew me to the Colts 44 years ago and that is one thing that should not ever fundamentally change. The only uniform colour change I could stomach is blue pants with the white jerseys.

I'm all for uniform change and now would be a great time, imo, with all the changes happening to the franchise. The team is going to look completely different next year so why not different unis as well. One thing I like about Stanford is the multiple different uni combos they have. Same goes for teams like Oregon, Maryland etc. Of course I'm sure I'm in the minority because I also think I'm in the minority in that I really like the new Maryland uni's. :D

Maryland_Uniforms.jpg

While I think the mirror image helmet would be nice looking, I've always thought that the Colts had about the most attractive look in professional sports, and I would hate to see it changed. Sure it's been around for awhile, but why mess with perfection (PLEASE don't take that as a 2009 starter :) )

I also hate the blue pants with the white jersey. Blue paints would go with a blue jersey and helmet. A lot of blue, but cool. When the only thing blue is the pants it just looks unbalanced to me. I hate the look of every single team that does this. The Colts have an excellent road look already with the all white. Sometimes I like it better than the home look.

Never, I mean if teams like the Steelers, Packers, Browns, Saints, Cowboys,Chiefs, Bears, etc can don the same helmets year after year so can the Colts, and personally I think the Colts helmet looks far better than those teams. teams without any history to build upon tweak their helmets, ala Panthers,Seahawks,Buccaneers, Falcons..

think the colts will be more then likely changing enough when manning is gone and luck at QB. no need to change their uniforms. whats next? black jerseys with blue stripes on the shoulders and blue numbers? leave em the way they are. alternate uniform wouldnt be bad thought....something liek this

flat blue helmet with white horse shoe blue facemask

silver jersey with blue numbers

blue pants with with a silver stripe going down the side.

someone give this guy a job..... excellent combo.. i would like black myself

I'm all for uniform change and now would be a great time, imo, with all the changes happening to the franchise. The team is going to look completely different next year so why not different unis as well. One thing I like about Stanford is the multiple different uni combos they have. Same goes for teams like Oregon, Maryland etc. Of course I'm sure I'm in the minority because I also think I'm in the minority in that I really like the new Maryland uni's. :D

Maryland_Uniforms.jpg

Can you imagine the Baltimore reaction if the Colts came out wearing this uniform?

I've always thought our uniforms are really, really boring... I know I am a younger fan at 24 and that may be part of the reason but I totally agree that we are entering a new era with a totally new cast, so why not give the unis a change as well?? Even if it is something simple like blue pants when we play away games and blue helmets I would LOVE that.

nfl_e_colts-throwback-uni01_300.jpg

Like the throwback uniform/ helmet that already exist????

I was just about to post the same thing...we already have this and do wear it occasionally. Didn't wear it this year, but did wear it last year during the Philly game when Collie got concussed. I am a big fan of this look, and would like it with blue pants as well.

:lol: ........ how 'bout this "bad acid trip" version??

Colts_Helmet1.jpg

that is AWESOME. i would actually support an entire alternate in a similar design. i know it seems nuts, but it's cool

While I think the mirror image helmet would be nice looking, I've always thought that the Colts had about the most attractive look in professional sports, and I would hate to see it changed. Sure it's been around for awhile, but why mess with perfection (PLEASE don't take that as a 2009 starter :) )

I also hate the blue pants with the white jersey. Blue paints would go with a blue jersey and helmet. A lot of blue, but cool. When the only thing blue is the pants it just looks unbalanced to me. I hate the look of every single team that does this. The Colts have an excellent road look already with the all white. Sometimes I like it better than the home look.

completely agree with everything but the end. i openly prefer the roadies. i love how they glisten in the lights when we are in primetime on the road

i hate how some teams' helmet logos look like stickers, same with the names on the jerseys. it just looks cheap. a billion dollar nfl franchise wants to save a few dollars on uniforms? that's your brand name

that is AWESOME. i would actually support an entire alternate in a similar design. i know it seems nuts, but it's cool

completely agree with everything but the end. i openly prefer the roadies. i love how they glisten in the lights when we are in primetime on the road

i hate how some teams' helmet logos look like stickers, same with the names on the jerseys. it just looks cheap. a billion dollar nfl franchise wants to save a few dollars on uniforms? that's your brand name

Then we actually do agree completely. I think. I was saying that I prefer the road uniforms as well. The all-whites is just the cleanest sharpest look around, with the horse-shoe the perfect topper.

Then we actually do agree completely. I think. I was saying that I prefer the road uniforms as well. The all-whites is just the cleanest sharpest look around, with the horse-shoe the perfect topper.

irsay probably hired an expensive designer to come up with the fabrics and what not. they look quite dapper out there

if only irsay would let them dress him :)

irsay probably hired an expensive designer to come up with the fabrics and what not. they look quite dapper out there

if only irsay would let them dress him :)

Oh, I don't know. I was thinking about getting something like what he's wearing in his Twitter backround. Just in case I have a major horse related event to attend. Just needs a big horseshoe in the back. :P

J2.jpg