Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+3.5) at Kansas City (12-25-16)

oldunclemark

7 minutes ago, 19colt said:

There is a lot of use of the word "benched" in this thread to discuss a QB that injured his foot during preseason and kept playing through it. 

Players play hurt all the time.

He wasn't productive most of the time.

The excuses need to end. The defense is why they won, and it's plain as day they could have done so with plenty of QB's.

Guys....I like Peyton. He's my favorite QB to ever play. The only one I'd put above him in terms of peak skill would be Marino.  Seriously though the blinders really need to come off. You're all sounding like Pats fans defending Brady.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is it blinders when we agree that he wasn't great last year?

He wasn't I just don't agree that they would've won with any other QB if that was the case they would've stuck with Osweiler rather than think a 39 year old QB on the decline was the better option come playoff time.

Or that the Broncos offense seems worse than last season with a QB infinitely younger than him and with a better arm.

I just think people underestimate leadership, experience and intangibles at the QB position while his physical skills diminished the mental ability to play the position was still there for him. Stuff like this matters and made a lot of difference to his Broncos teammates.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

How is it blinders when we agree that he wasn't great last year?

He wasn't I just don't agree that they would've won

I just think people underestimate leadership, experience and intangibles at the QB position while his physical skills diminished the mental ability to play the position was still there for him.

I didn't say Den would have won with any QB, but they could have with many. For example Blake Bortles would probably have found a way to screw them over.

And the leadership thing, again, is a fair assessment. Having the mental ability was great, but he didn't have the body to properly execute what he was thinking. Therein lies the disconnect.  If he could still have felt his fingertips it would likely have been a different story. He did better than anyone could given his neck/nerve issue.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

the way Tyreek Evans runs that jet sweep???

Why doenst Denver do that with Sanders?

who don't the Colts do that with TY Hilton??

Andy Reid is a decent offense coach I mean he managed to get something out of McNabb for years and the best out of Favre.

Just keep him away from a clock...

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I didn't say Den would have won with any QB, but they could have with many. For example Blake Bortles would probably have found a way to screw them over.

And the leadership thing, again, is a fair assessment. Having the mental ability was great, but he didn't have the body to properly execute what he was thinking. Therein lies the disconnect.  If he could still have felt his fingertips it would likely have been a different story. He did better than anyone could given his neck/nerve issue.

Not just fair..... On the Money.    

Peyton's mental ability, and his leadership skills, the team rallying around him, and wanting to win for him, is what drove that team to a championship at the end.  And... Having a killer Defense was without a doubt the icing on the championship cake.

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

There is one big reason Jamie Collins is playing in Cleveland. PM sure executed on those two plays. #justsaying

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

the Bears of special teams' coach is going to the playoffs with KC

the Bears old offensive coordinator is going to the playoffs with Miami

The Bears are 3-12

Would love to see alternate universes where that Bears OC became Indy or Denver coach. If he was Indy then surely the Colts are in the playoffs. If he was in Denver then maybe Manning is still playing but does he have a second ring?

3 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Would love to see alternate universes where that Bears OC became Indy or Denver coach. If he was Indy then surely the Colts are in the playoffs. If he was in Denver then maybe Manning is still playing but does he have a second ring?

Adam Gase with Andrew Luck.....OMG

The announcers are talking Tony Romo.

Not going to happen with this offense.  Kubiak would have to change and let Romo run what he wants.

Plus....Tony R cant play 16 games behind this line

Plenty of rumors about that Denver will make changes to the coaching staff. Look for a) Kubiak retires due to health or b) Kubiak gives up control of offense. 

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The announcers are talking Tony Romo.

Not going to happen with this offense.  Kubiak would have to change and let Romo run what he wants.

Plus....Tony R cant play 16 games behind this line

Denver loves old QBs but they only win SBs with QBs drafted by the Colts at this point they are hoping Andrew Luck falls into their laps. Denver has never won anything with a QB they drafted.

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Denver loves old QBs but they only win SBs with QBs drafted by the Colts at this point they are hoping Andrew Luck falls into their laps. Denver has never won anything with a QB they drafted.

But again..Romo..in Kubak's offense..behind the line you are seeing tonight???

But again..Romo..in Kubak's offense..behind the line you are seeing tonight???

I don't think it would end well for him either but at least he's familiar with Wade and Ware so that would help. 

No but if the Cowboys release him at least it would be a place he would consider. There are no guarantees maybe Romo never gets hurt again. I mean how many thought Manning was going to be the same after the Colts cut him. Many thought Denver was stupid to want him with those neck surgeries.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

13-10,,,,16-3 and 33-10..last 3 weeks.

23 points in 3 pivotal games?  ..that's how you miss the playoffs

KC really needs to be the '2' seed...............I dont think they can win 3 road playoff games

Oakland will lose next week without Carr. I think KC gets the two seed.

4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Really do you trust Denver at this point? I think that Oakland can actually beat them with Matt McGloin 

It's the last home game after a disappointing season. I think Denver's defense at least will show up for their fans. Oakland is very demoralized right now after losing their leader. I really do think the Broncos will win.

Just now, snkdy said:

It's the last home game after a disappointing season. I think Denver's defense at least will show up for their fans. Oakland is very demoralized right now after losing their leader. I really do think the Broncos will win.

Really? Because they needed to show up these past three weeks and haven't really done anything either now that their season is pretty much over what would be the point even after this humiliation by the Chiefs they might lie down and let the Raiders win the division to spite them.