Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+3.5) at Kansas City (12-25-16)

oldunclemark

8:30 EST  -  Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michelle Tafoya don't get Christmas off on NBC

a bizarre weather forecast for Kansas City.....high of 61 Sunday afternoon...with thunderstorms moving in late in the day..over-under at 37

Denver QB Trevor Siemian (255 of 416, 3,012 yards, 16 Tds, 8 INTs) has to get the ball to 1,00-yard 'twins' Demariyus Thomas (83 catches, 1,016 yards) and Emmanuel Sanders (78 catches, 1006 yards) in the end zone..not just at midfield.

Broncos line is taking the blame for 3.6 yards rushing per carry...

Denver will go without TEs Virgil Green, AJ Derby, LB Brandon Marshall and safety TJ Ward (concussion).

KC QB Alex Smith (282 of 425, 2,994 yards, 12 Tds, 6 INts) is still trying to figure out how the Chiefs lost a 14-0 lead and lot 19-17 to Tennessee last week.

WR Jeremy Maclin (237 catches, 474 yards) has missed a lot of time but he's Okay for Christmas Day and that's big for the Chiefs,

KC wants to get the ball to Travis Kelce (73 catches, 957 yards) against Denver's backup linebacker or safety

LB Derrick Johnson is probably out...

The 'over-under' is low for a reason...... this might be a really bad game.

Broncos have 43 QB sacks and 12 interceptions..Chiefs have 27 QB sacks and 15 interceptions...

On offense, these teams are 'bad Santas'

Chiefs have failed to score a second half TD 2 weeks in a row...Denver has a total of 2 offensive TDs in the last three games....

Denver (8-6) must win.... A Miami win and a Denver loss eliminates the Broncos (8-6).....and I'm not even sure a 10-6 Denver team gets in..

KC (10-4) can still win the AFC West and the No. 2 seed with wins over Denver and San Diego .

Few NFL games have an over-under as low as 37...I think this one almost has to go over..

...I like Denver a lot getting more than 3 points.....this is their season...even if KC wins...Denver could easily 'backdoor' cover late

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Denver (8-6) got hurt when Miami (10-5) won.

...but Oakland (12-3) winning means NE (13-2) has to beat Miami next week...

..a Miami loss and two Denver wins now puts the Broncos in the playoffs..

...and Denver's final game is at home vs. Oakland,,............which is now using the backup QB

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Colts O-line is 5 monster truck earth movers compared to Denver

I'd say it's more of a wash. They're both horrendous.

Edit: Unfortunately, Indy's line has also been this bad for nearly a decade. (Glenn retiring started this snowball).  For Denver this is a new thing. Last season it wasn't too good, either, but better than this year.

58 minutes ago, snkdy said:

I would rather have Denver in the post-season than Miami. Hope they can pull this off.

Gary Kubiak is proving to be a coach that absolutely does not deserve a Super Bowl ring whatsoever. 

At least Miami bounced back when everyone had them going 6-10, and Gase could be coach of the year. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

I'd say it's more of a wash. They're both horrendous.

Edit: Unfortunately, Indy's line has also been this bad for nearly a decade. (Glenn retiring started this snowball).  For Denver this is a new thing. Last season it wasn't too good, either, but better than this year.

Moose...its not a wash....Colts actually blocked somebody the last 6 weeks

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Broncos best chance to score is when Alex Smith throws the ball

Their best offense is their defense, just like last season.

Denver's defense doesn't generate points like it did last year. It's still very good, but not like it was.  It's having a bad night and now we see what happens when they can't carry the offense all game. That O is a joke and it starts with Kubiak.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

Maybe Manning meant more to the Broncos than people thought sure he was a shell of his former glory but his leadership is clearly missed he was the glue(no pun intended) that held that team together.

There's folks open that Siemian doesn't see...Sanders ran wide open on the last 3rd down play

..and he's not terrible...they cant run, He's thrown 27 times in the half

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Maybe Manning meant more to the Broncos than people thought sure he was a shell of his former glory but his leadership is clearly missed he was the glue(no pun intended) that held that team together.

That defense tho....

The offense blew with Manning, too. He could still read the field well, but couldn't make the throws. He missed a LOT of throws he should have made that killed drives. Or just flat out turned it over.

I know what you mean about leadership and all that. Maybe his swan song was what made the D play lights out all season. By now they're probably burned out and sick and tired of carrying the dead weight of the offense for two full seasons.

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Their best offense is their defense, just like last season.

Denver's defense doesn't generate points like it did last year. It's still very good, but not like it was.  It's having a bad night and now we see what happens when they can't carry the offense all game. That O is a joke and it starts with Kubiak.

remember how much Manning rolled out.

Siemian doenst roll out and its a miracle he's still standing..

....I have to agree.... Kubiak's offense features a running game they don't have

Just now, Moose Of Woe said:

That defense tho....

The offense blew with Manning, too. I know what you mean about leadership and all that. Maybe his swan song was what made the D play lights out all season. By now they're probably burned out and sick and tired of carrying the dead weight of the offense for two full seasons.

But most of the time he made plays when they needed like last year at Arrowhead it looked like they were going to lose that game he brought them back. At least based on past reputation they had faith in him to make a play.

They don't feel this way about Siemian and I don't think he's that bad either I just think Kubiak is not the coach for him.

Just now, Moose Of Woe said:

That defense tho....

The offense blew with Manning, too. I know what you mean about leadership and all that. Maybe his swan song was what made the D play lights out all season. By now they're probably burned out and sick and tired of carrying the dead weight of the offense for two full seasons.

To be fair, ..Manning brought Denver from behind 4 times to win last year. in the 4th quarter

They were this bad at times last year to..but they had special stuff late.

But nobody even suggests that Siemain can do what a veteran QB could do

9 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

Gary Kubiak is proving to be a coach that absolutely does not deserve a Super Bowl ring whatsoever. 

At least Miami bounced back when everyone had them going 6-10, and Gase could be coach of the year. 

His offenses have looked horrific, I agree. I feel bad for those defensive players.

I don't think Gase wins COY though. It probably goes to Garrett or Del Rio.

6 minutes ago, CF4L said:

But most of the time he made plays when they needed like last year at Arrowhead it looked like they were going to lose that game he brought them back. At least based on past reputation they had faith in him to make a play.

They don't feel this way about Siemian and I don't think he's that bad either I just think Kubiak is not the coach for him.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

To be fair, ..Manning brought Denver from behind 4 times to win last year. in the 4th quarter

They were this bad at times last year to..but they had special stuff late.

But nobody even suggests that Siemain can do what a veteran QB could do

True he would make late plays here and there, but that doesn't excuse 3/4 a game of poor production. That's true for any QB.

Keep in mind, these were plays that HAD to be made thanks to the poor position the offense kept them in most of every game. This in spite of a LEGENDARY defense that kept them in every game all year....and even giftwrapped like 10 points a game for the offense. Meanwhile the offense would basically giftwrap 10 points for the other team every week in return.

10 minutes ago, CF4L said:

No doubt. Many Denver fans are probably wishing this van was pulling up at Arrowhead at half time... 

wheelchairpeyton.JPG

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

True he would make late plays here and there, but that doesn't excuse 3/4 a game of poor production. That's true for any QB.

It was more than here and there..

and actually rallying to win the 4th quarter DOES excuse 3 quarters of bad play.

works for Matt Stafford all the time

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

He made more plays than Big Ben and Brady to get them to the Superbowl. Probably would have had a better showing in the Superbowl if the OL didn't give up the most sacks per dropback in SB history. Kony Ealy looked like an all pro in the SB then took 10 weeks (?) to get his first sack in 2016. Correction: he has had 4 sacks in 2016, 3 in the Superbowl. To think the Denver OL may even be a little better this season. 

8 minutes ago, snkdy said:

His offenses have looked horrific, I agree. I feel bad for those defensive players.

I don't think Gase wins COY though. It probably goes to Garrett or Del Rio.

Given that they won a SB last year with a dirty defense who practically got away with murder last year, I don't feel sorry for them whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, 19colt said:

He made more plays than Big Ben and Brady to get them to the Superbowl. Probably would have had a better showing in the Superbowl if the OL didn't give up the most sacks per dropback in SB history. Kony Ealy looked like an all pro in the SB then took 10 weeks (?) to get his first sack in 2016. 

Brady got his butt kicked by Denver's defense. Same thing that happened to Peyton in 2003/2004 where he played well all year and ran in to a juggernaut D.  Keep in mind NE was an extra point away from OT in spite of the thrashing the defense gave them.

Manning did not play well last year. I'm not sure why anyone is trying to argue otherwise. He was benched for a reason.

1 minute ago, Synthetic said:

Given that they won a SB last year with a dirty defense who practically got away with murder last year, I don't feel sorry for them whatsoever. 

Actually, last year they were just healthy and had Malik Jackson.