Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cincinnatti (+1) @ Houston (12-24-16)

oldunclemark

8:25 EST...Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon and that fine-looking Stacey Dales only on the NFL Network

...over-under 41.5

Cincy QB Andy Dalton ( 318 of 494, 3,712 yards, 16 Tds, 7 INTs) wont have a chance to make the playoffs but he will have AJ Green (66 catches, 964 yards)  and TE  Tyler Eifert to catch the ball and RB Jeremy  Hill (215 carries, 815 yards) to run with it.

...The Bengals have won 2 of their last 3 but I dont know how much they want to play on the road here with no chance for a playoff berth..

Welcome to the 'Savage Nation' as backup Tom Savage makes his first NFL start in place of Houston starter Brock Osweiler (280 of 470, 2,704 yards, 14 TDs, 16 INTs)

RB Lamar Miller (268 carries, 1,073 yards) is hurt but he will play..

Watch WR DeAndre Hopkins (68 catches, 768 yards) who caught 8 passes last week as Brock hit the bench.

Houston has scored just 22 offensive touchdowns in 14 games (they have 32 field goals)

The Texans defense has allowed just 4,221 total yards, No. 1 in the NFL

Houston (8-6) wins the AFC South if they win after Tennessee (8-6) loses Saturday.

The Colts need 5 things: a Tenn loss, a Colts win.. a Houston loss.

.....then the Titans beat Houston on New Year's Day while the Colts beat Jax......all 5 have to happen..

I think the Texans struggle here...Tom Savage will have the crowd and a lot of hope on his side but he's played very little...

I think Cincy has better receivers and the better QB...and the  Bengals have held 4 of their last 5 foes under 20 points..

But the Texans cannot let the division go down to the last game..

There's no heavy lean  here.....I'd stay away

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

now Tkler Eifert and AJ Green are NOT going to play....big edge to Houston

Finn. would have been out of their minds to risk playing AJ Green. Betting line only moved a touch... mostly 1.5 and 2.

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I agree...but he insisted all week that he'd play.

..now reports are..he wont....which makes sense for them (and is good news for the Texans)

Yeah no doubt is the case.

Also , I guess it was actually the team DR that nixed Green. So it might very well be that Cinn was actually OK with Green coming back for the last 2 games and they really didn't "re-think" anything. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luckiest team I have ever seen, Cincy misses an easy FG at the end and loses. OMG! We have to put up with Houston again getting blown out because that team has no Offense. Man their point differential may be the worse of all-time for a Division winner. They are over a -40.

What did you see from the Texan defense tonight to make you think they'll be blown out? 

Just now, QwizBoy said:

What did you see from the Texan defense tonight to make you think they'll be blown out? 

I didn't think you guys would lose actually going in, Cincy is a Bad team but Cincy missing an easy FG is just mindboggling. Some of the games your team has won this season have been unreal. Like against the Colts in the first meeting, last week vs Jacks, and now this. Congrats on the South Title but man the Texans have had some major luck lately. Your QB situation isn't good at all either so I just don't see you doing anything in the Playoffs but hey you beat us twice and won the South so the Colts have work to do.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't think you guys would lose actually going in, Cincy is a Bad team but Cincy missing an easy FG is just mindboggling. Some of the games your team has won this season have been unreal. Like against the Colts in the first meeting, last week vs Jacks, and now this. Congrats on the South Title but man the Texans have had some major luck lately. Your QB situation isn't good at all either so I just don't see you doing anything in the Playoffs but hey you beat us twice and won the South so the Colts have work to do.

Remind you of a certain team's first season with their franchise quarterback? Thanks for the congratulations. Once you get in anything can happen. 

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Remind you of a certain team's first season with their franchise quarterback? Thanks for the congratulations. Once you get in anything can happen. 

Yeah I wonder who Houston will play? You are in and that is all that counts so I wont poo poo it anymore but damn the Football Gods are loving them some Texans this season. No Watt and your team still wins the South.

21 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

My congrats are here now too. I hope you guys represent in the playoffs. It will be tough but if you get the Carr-less Raiders in the first round you guys might advance now I think. Then after that all bets are off (unless you go to NE lol)

I will be watching and I hope you guys do a lot better then last year in the postseason. I wish Brock was playing though, was curious to see how this would all develop with him since something has been off but I don't think he might be as bad as he has sometimes looked.

Been an interesting AFC South ride this year, kinda glad it's over so now I can just relax and kick my feet up and watch the action without any stress.

22 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

The funniest thing this year is reading Colts fans who bash Brock all day regardless of the fact that he beat them twice this year, and no matter how bad the QB situation is, Houston is going to the playoffs. lmao