Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:
6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

they said 7 on the radio. and I know for a fact he had 2 last week alone.

they said 7 on the radio. and I know for a fact he had 2 last week alone.

Some people count tough balls that probably should have been caught that weren't. When it comes to those it really is in the eye of the beholder. I'd talking about legit open drops well within a receivers catching radius where he doesn't have to contort his body and twist his arms back.

I'm talking a receiver runs a route finds himself open the ball hits him in the hands in his catch radius because everyone has a different catch radius and he drops it before he gets hit

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I believe you can also add S Sean Davis to the list. 
    • Kid is a stud. Really need him to stay another year so he and Buchner can get us a Natty.
    • STANFORD!!!! As for Phillips, I have to share the concern others have over his concussion history. He’s apparently prone to them, and the odds only go up that you’ll get one on the NFL. He can’t be but a few more away from having to step away from the game permanently. There’s no denying his talent, but I’d much rather see the Colts maneuver their way into getting Payton Turner in the second round. That guy is an intriguing, 3 down type DE. Relentless motor, pterodactyl arms.    
    • I don't want to speak for other people...but I will take a stab at it from a devil's advocate POV.   The way I see it...it's not necessarily the idea of paying Q or Leonard...it's more the idea of paying a premium (meaning truly market-setting massive contracts) for players that don't actually play a premium position.    Most people (outside of the truly ardent positional value people) would have no issue with having the highest-paid player at G if he's the best G in the NFL (which Q pretty much is). Right now the highest long-term AAV at G is Thuney with a $16M AAV. So I don't think anybody would quibble with giving Q $17-18M.   But many people (including Q's agent I am sure) are thinking Q should get top LT money...which is $22-23M+ AVV. So I can definitely see where the disconnect starts to occur.    You can do the same exercise with Leonard...except use highest-paid WILL and then highest-paid MIKE (if not higher).   There's definitely a balance to carrying large contracts on the cap. You can only have so many of them. And when you max out...you can be limited in how you can fill certain positions of need (including premium positions). So now, instead of trading for a DeFo or signing a top tier CB in FA...you have to figure out how to fill those premium positions with cheaper FAs or via the draft.   Ballard has been able to short-term fill those positions with cheaper FA moves, but not the draft. And traditionally, it is just easier to fill less premium positions through those means.     
    • Thanks, I missed quite a few (ten!) additional reserve/futures contracts. Below is the updated info on r/f contracts, new adds are bolded:   Reserve/Futures Contracts   Defense CB Andre Chachere CB Anthony Chesley CB Will Sunderland CB Roderic Teamer DT Kameron Cline DT Chris Williams DT Rob Windsor S Ibraheim Campbell S Nick Nelson   Offense G Jake Eldrenkamp G Sam Jones OT Jake Benzinger OT Elijah Nkansah OT Carter O’Donnell OT Casey Tucker RB Darius Anderson RB Benny LeMay RB Paul Perkins TE Farrod Green TE Jordan Thomas TE Andrew Vollert WR Quartney Davis WR Gary Jennings WR J.J. Nelson QB Jalen Morton   Special Teams P Austin Rehkow Note: I confirmed all of these on the official Colts.com website as r/f additions as well as being shown as currently on the roster.
  • Members

• Hoose

Hoose 1,191

• 07dleigh

07dleigh 67

• Dogg63

Dogg63 2,150

• Smoke317

Smoke317 1,310

• Flash7

Flash7 1,132

• Four2itus