Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hi, Colts fans!   :)   A battle of NFL teams alive in the playoff hunt for the postseason, as our Indianapolis Colts are in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area to play the Minnesota Vikings. Colts are playing their first road game in Minnesota for the first time in eight years, and a win by the Colts over the Vikings  on Sunday afternoon,  would both even their season record to 7-7, and also stay in the hunt for at least an AFC Wild Card Playoff spot, in both teams 25th all-time meeting.

Indianapolis is  coming from an embarrassing game  they and their fans rather forget  Sunday, as the Houston Texans made a season sweep over the Colts for the first time in their history,  winning 22-17 at LOS (the building) last Sunday.  

However, into Sunday's game, the Colts have an advantage over the Vikings in their history between the teams,  Indianapolis is on a current four-game regular season winning streak over Minnesota.  Vikings last defeated the Colts during the regular season 19 years ago,  with their 39-28 win over the Colts, and played at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome back on December 21, 1997.

Indianapolis leads the all-time series entering this afternoon with 16 wins and 7 losses, including one postseason game (Colts 24-14 win back in 1968).    Adam Vinatieri kicked the game-winning field goals for the Colts in the last two meetings. AV kicked his 53-yard FG at Indianapolis with eight seconds left in the fourth quarter to help the Colts win 23-20 on September 16, 2012.

Vinatieri also kicked the game-winning 47-yard field goal  with three seconds remaining to help the Colts defeat the Vikings by the score of 18-15in their recent road visit, and last road game at the Metrodome, back on September 14, 2008.

Also fortunately for this game both the Colts, and Vikings, are also playing inside the the dry comforts, of the  new $1.13 billion  dollar U.S. Bank Stadium in Downtown Minneapolis, at the same site and footprint where the Metrodome stood.  By the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time gametime, the weather forecast outside the U.S. Bank Stadium is  sunny skies at  minus -14 degrees, feels like minus -30 degrees, along with 5% precipitation, 64% humidity, and southwest winds at 6 miles per hour.

NO injuries, stay Colts Strong for your seventh win, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!  :rock:  :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet::coltslogo:  

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular15

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.vikings.com/team/injury-report.html

http://506sports.com/

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks LOS. Our team has been so inconsistent all season. I have labeled us an Average team. A team that will probably now go 8-8 or 7-9. We are a team that has a Good/sometimes Very Good QB but a team that has a Bad Defense and questionable play calling = Average team overall. They have a pretty big advantage when it comes to their D.LIne vs our O.Line. It will be interesting to see how Andrew handles their pressure. I am still really not over last week because to me that was a Playoff game and a game we had no business losing but it is what it is.