Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season ticket holders

Jdubu

Who remains a season ticket holder?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will you continue to be a season ticket holder after another poorly performed team?

We've been there since 95, we have friends who have been since 84 and we are considering not holding on to th seats any longer. This team is dysfunctional at its core. The value for what they are providing is not up to par with the cost any longer. I say I will not renew but I may just sell off the season and take year off from home games. This team has drained me these past 2 seasons.  

Even though not directed at non ST holders....From a traveling fans perspective I'm definitely cutting down on my 2 to 3 yearly trips to Indy and only sticking to my yearly opening day ritual.

Hate this regime, but I, like others, actually enjoy GOING to games regardless of outcomes. 

Nope.  I'm not blowing a GR to watch THAT crap anymore after this year.  I can watch that for free at home and feel less "sodomized".  Perhaps if they get some competent folks in the front office who can give Luck, who is certainly not infallible in his own right, some help to AT LEAST win a VERY winnable division.  That is the very least I expect.  We aint gettin that right now and I'm not spending anymore on this outfit under THIS regime.

But I actually don't even own mine, I have just bought it from another guy who had it come available after Peyton left.  So I just won't re-up with him.  Easy.

Wow it sounds like all the jags, tenn, and hou fans who use to say back in the 2000s "once Peyton is gone the Colts fans will no longer fill the stadium every Game" were right. I live 4.5 hours from Indy I had season tickets in 2013 & 14. I'd still have them today but the cost of staying over night before or after the game plus going out to eat and drink Saturday night or Sunday night was to much. My wife and I made the trip to every home game but 4 in those 2yrs.  We are going to the jags game this year and wish we were at the other 7 home games. I'll get season tickets again some day, but it'll be in a few years when our money situation is alittle better. 

I liked walking around the stadium and looking at the posters of people who have had season tickets since 1984 I wonder how many times they had to sit thru games thinking why do we continue to come to games when the team is going 1-15 or 2-14  and will never make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Timo1 said:

Wow it sounds like all the jags, tenn, and hou fans who use to say back in the 2000s "once Peyton is gone the Colts fans will no longer fill the stadium every Game" were right. I live 4.5 hours from Indy I had season tickets in 2013 & 14. I'd still have them today but the cost of staying over night before or after the game plus going out to eat and drink Saturday night or Sunday night was to much. My wife and I made the trip to every home game but 4 in those 2yrs.  We are going to the jags game this year and wish we were at the other 7 home games. I'll get season tickets again some day, but it'll be in a few years when our money situation is alittle better. 

I liked walking around the stadium and looking at the posters of people who have had season tickets since 1984 I wonder how many times they had to sit thru games thinking why do we continue to come to games when the team is going 1-15 or 2-14  and will never make the playoffs. 

If the STH don't make some noise by not buying or renewing then Irsay won't hear anything.  Ill be damned if I drop another 7k for this mess just like I won't pay 20.00 for a a Big Mac 

If if they want support they need to put a better product on the field 

24 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

If the STH don't make some noise by not buying or renewing then Irsay won't hear anything.  Ill be damned if I drop another 7k for this mess just like I won't pay 20.00 for a a Big Mac 

Well I wouldn't pay 7k for tickets to anything. The tickets I had were in section 619 and cost $490 for the season if I remember right. If you think owners are swayed by season ticket holders not renewing to fire coaches you're in lala land. Look at the browns, rams, jags, jets they all make money and lose year after year. 

24 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Yeah this is kind of my point in this thread as well. If STH don't stand up to holding this administration accountable, nothing will change and there will be no urgency to improve the product. 

This is the first year since having these seats that i felt selling the tickets on stub hub were appropriate and I didn't even care if an opposing team fan sat in the seats. I've never felt like that ever. I've went so far as to tell the people around me that if someone was sitting in our seats with a different jersey, go contact an usher because they were hijacked seats. 

This team just doesn't look like it has direction and that's the part I'm frustrated with. Wins and losses happen every year and with any qb. I can handle a season of losing because of talent but I feel like we have enough talent to make more noise than we have. Maybe I'm wrong and all the injuries have just taken this big of a toll but it is neither an inspiring team or a fun team to watch and for $2500/yr in tickets and $100 in alcohol during the game and another $150 in food before and after game and travel time, it is just not close to its return in value and it's not just this season. I honestly believe Chuck Pagano is the detriment to this teams growth. He brings zero energy to the team IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Timo1 said:

Well I wouldn't pay 7k for tickets to anything. The tickets I had were in section 619 and cost $490 for the season if I remember right. If you think owners are swayed by season ticket holders not renewing to fire coaches you're in lala land. Look at the browns, rams, jags, jets they all make money and lose year after year. 

Correct, they do make money for not winning but they make even more when gaining a national following. Before Manning, this franchise had little to no jersey sales outside of Indy, let alone throughout the state. They weren't in prime time games, they didn't have players getting big tv commercials and they didn't have positive press pushing them on sports tv. All of those actions sell advertising and that all makes the team more cash which in the end, is what it's about. Irsay has one business and it's the Colts. He doesn't own Gillette or oil fields, he has to sell his NFL product and I believe up to this last few seasons, he had done that well. He took a large gamble with two hot prospects at the head coaching and GM positions hoping they hit along with a #1 franchise QB. That now is looking like a big failure and much like missing on a #1 pick in the the draft. Time will tell whether Grigson has learned from past mistakes, and his last draft was a very nice draft indeed so that bodes well in his favor. Pagano on the other hand hasn't shown he can deliver game plans that beat the better teams and has struggled in several average team wins. As nice of a guy as Pagano has been, he is awful in the future success in this team and will end up costing Irsay more money in the end if he doesn't change course or have a miracle of a turn around next year. 

I'm not saying losing is better then winning or losing teams make as much money as winning teams or a coaching change shouldn't be made. I'm saying a few season ticket holders not renewing is not going to influence a owner to do so. Maybe if 25% or more didn't renew that might have an effect. The Colts had a waiting list for season tickets years ago. Now they don't and the stadium us just as full as ever. Go to any ticket sight and by Saturday there's almost always less then 2000 tickets available. Some one is going to buy the seats. 

As someone who lives in a state with no pro teams and a pretty terrible college team people need to be thankful they have teams to see. I was a season ticket holder at UVa for years and they were/are awful. Still was fun to go to Cville on game day. I'd still be a season ticket holder if I could afford to.

2 minutes ago, corgi said:

As someone who lives in a state with no pro teams and a pretty terrible college team people need to be thankful they have teams to see. I was a season ticket holder at UVa for years and they were/are awful. Still was fun to go to Cville on game day. I'd still be a season ticket holder if I could afford to.

Yeah, I like the gameday atmosphere .

I have been a season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons and I've yet to miss a home game in the Luck era and I plan on keeping it that way.  The game day experience for me is about more than just the game itself, if that makes any sense.  Game after game I'm one of the first handful of people through the door and I hurry down to the tunnel to talk to the players, shake hands, get autographs, etc etc.  Of course I would rather they win every time I'm there, but that isn't the end all be all....at the end of the day it's just a game.  Something to engage myself in for a few hours for 8 weeks a year (I always sell my preseason tickets).  Maybe at some point I will feel differently about it and change my mind, but as it stands now you can count on me being one of the first handfuls of people through the door next season too.  Tickets for the Jacksonville game will be so cheap now that I think I'll take my 5 month old son, never too early to get him started on his love for the horseshoe!!!

If enough people quit buying tickets to the games, I think it would get Irsay's attention. We are in a small market for football. After the 2-14 season, the ticket wait list went to zero and they were begging people to buy season tickets. I think there is still virtually no wait list. 

2 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

I have been a season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons and I've yet to miss a home game in the Luck era and I plan on keeping it that way.  The game day experience for me is about more than just the game itself, if that makes any sense.  Game after game I'm one of the first handful of people through the door and I hurry down to the tunnel to talk to the players, shake hands, get autographs, etc etc.  Of course I would rather they win every time I'm there, but that isn't the end all be all....at the end of the day it's just a game.  Something to engage myself in for a few hours for 8 weeks a year (I always sell my preseason tickets).  Maybe at some point I will feel differently about it and change my mind, but as it stands now you can count on me being one of the first handfuls of people through the door next season too.  Tickets for the Jacksonville game will be so cheap now that I think I'll take my 5 month old son, never too early to get him started on his love for the horseshoe!!!

I think this a very valid point to be made. The experience of gameday and all. That's a value for you and some others no doubt. I remember when we were in the dome, the people around us were like close friends each game. We high fived, talked to each other, knew the names around us and those people were all cheering for the team win or lose because they gave us a good product mostly each game. When we moved over to the new stadium, the crowd was changed and perhaps some upgraded or moved up idk, but the crowd isn't the same and hasn't been since we came over to Lucas. That has diminished the fun and excitement for us a bit. The people around us change almost weekly and some are just present and some will interact and cheer for the team. With Manning, you pretty much always had a chance to win and you at least knew the offense was going to orchestrate a competent game plan. It may not always execute and win but it brought its own excitement and feeling of worth even while the defense would not always show the same competence and execution.

I don't look for players and their autographs and rarely do we get time to come up and tailgate but I respect that aspect from others who do that kinda thing and that adds value for them. For those who come to see the intricacies of the game, the technical aspect of setting up a screen play or watching a oline set up a defender for a run or blitzes that get the big sack or whatever part of the game plan you want to see, that is what brings value for me. To see us trying to plod into an oline that can't run block worth a darn time after time or the 7 step drops, Luck running for his life or watching receivers run routes are covered up time and time again, that does not bring value because it feels like the coaches are performing the definition of insanity game after game after game. The one game we saw the offense use short drops and quit hitting passes, the team looked good and felt fun and we won. What happened the following week? We went right back to 7 yard drops and got Luck killed and lost the game. These coaches are either stupid, stubborn or incapable of making the proper calls before and during the game. I just can't keep spending my expendable cash on this type of entertainment when the return is frustration and painful experiences.

24 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I remember when we were in the dome, the people around us were like close friends each game. We high fived, talked to each other, knew the names around us and those people were all cheering for the team win or lose because they gave us a good product mostly each game. When we moved over to the new stadium, the crowd was changed and perhaps some upgraded or moved up idk, but the crowd isn't the same and hasn't been since we came over to Lucas. That has diminished the fun and excitement for us a bit.

I've yet to come to indy, but sitting at home watching every game the last however many years....  Our crowd just seems to boring, and back in the RCA days it seemed to alive.  

I'm sure the difference in each stadium has something to do with it, or at least the perception I'm getting, but it doesn't look fun.  

The new stadium does have its moments to cheer for and can get loud, however, this new team (post Manning) has not given the crowd something consistent yet to cheer for so loudly. You just almost expect the team to have a 3rd and X yards and the crowd yells and gets loud only to see the defense fail and give up the yardage too easily. Or the crowd is knocked out of it by an offense that just looks horrific in its play for a large part of the game. Couple that with no clear cut rivalry team we play anymore and that doesn't get juices flowing like the days of the evil patriots trying to take out a Manning led offense. The team lacks identity, it lacks a rival with tradition and it lacks quality coaching. Those things are items that drives fans going nuts imo, we lack all of that at the moment. I can honestly say, the games with Manning and Brady, those games all had crowd noise at highs because they had the element of a rivalry, solid coaching and a clear identity of what this team is all about. Defense may not have been top notch but you knew the offense was going to bring it more often than not. Our current team is just so so on offense and week to week bipolar on defense with more often than not, poor.

2 hours ago, Nostrils said:

I've yet to come to indy, but sitting at home watching every game the last however many years....  Our crowd just seems to boring, and back in the RCA days it seemed to alive.  

I'm sure the difference in each stadium has something to do with it, or at least the perception I'm getting, but it doesn't look fun.  

It was pretty loud in there yesterday in the first half....

I don't think it makes you any less of a fan to give up season tickets when the team is floundering, getting worse by the year, and the regime is staying the same.  Sometimes you have to take a stand for something you believe in even if it doesn't really end up doing anything.  It's a principle thing.  For me personally it's not about how the team is doing in the present.  I look at it over some years and how they project going forward and if it appears they are making an effort to improve.  I don't see that right now, not with this regime.  They are getting worse IMHO.  They had an "out" last year with Luck missing half the season.  That is gone now, especially yesterday's game.   ZERO excuses there and that was the final straw for me.  If the regime changes I might reconsider, even if they go 3-13 that first year.  At least I would know they are attempting to build toward the future.