Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still no respect


Recommended Posts

The media is still saying the Titians got a better team than us. Despite us beating them twice I kind of take offense to that. There just aren't going to give us respect no matter what we do it seems. The media is saying that the Titans have the best team but may not win the division. How many times do you have to beat a team to prove your better?  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's always been this way even when we were the top team in the NFL in the Manning days. I believe we do have the best team in the division. I know that doesn't mean much in the worst division in the NFL. But we do deserve some respect in the division.  I do believe we will beat the Texans today. 

 

What does everyone else think?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  Just have to finish first..

Its hard to win your division by luck (excuse the pun) because you play everybody twice.

 

There is a national perception that the Colts have nobody other than Andrew Luck and that he turns the ball over too much to be a top QB.  Up here, we get Chicago radio and I can hear ESPN Wisconsin..

They cannot believe that their teams (Bears and Packers) lost to the Colts because the Colts have nothing but Luck and he isn't what he used to be....

 

Luck is going to throw for 4,000 yards ..so far he has thrown 403 passes and has 8 interceptions

TY Hilton has been over 1,000 yards what, 4 times now?

We have 2 certain Hall-of-Famers (Vinatieri and Frank Gore) on offense.

 

Our profile is low but the next 4 weeks can change that

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

  Just have to finish first..

Its hard to win your division by luck (excuse the pun) because you play everybody twice.

 

There is a national perception that the Colts have nobody other than Andrew Luck and that he turns the ball over too much to be a top QB.  Up here, we get Chicago radio and I can hear ESPN Wisconsin..

They cannot believe that their teams (Bears and Packers) lost to the Colts because the Colts have nothing but Luck and he isn't what he used to be....

 

Luck is going to throw for 4,000 yards ..so far he has thrown 403 passes and has 8 interceptions

TY Hilton has been over 1,000 yards what, 4 times now?

We have 2 certain Hall-of-Famers (Vinatieri and Frank Gore) on offense.

 

Our profile is low but the next 4 weeks can change that

I don't know why but I almost think it is some type of media narrative that they had pre-planned before the season started.  They've all toed the same line all season long no matter if the Colts won or lost.  "Bad Colt Team"  "No Talent", "Bad O Line"  "Bad Coaches" "Bad GM" etc.   Even if the line blocks well they say "Bad Oline", Even if we coach well they say "bad coaches" etc.  The Narrative never ever changes no matter who speaks in the media.  I think many of them were seething mad that Irsay thumbed his nose up at them after they reported all season long of 2015 that he would fire Grigson and Pagano.  When Irsay turned around and gave both of them new 4 year contracts it made the media gurus look like fools.  The retaliation for that is to bash the team, owner, coaches, and GM incessantly for all of 2016.  And after we whoop the Texans butts today in our quest to win this division the media won't know what to do with themselves.  Again all that they have prophesied will be false!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The colts still haven't really done anything this year to earn respect. But with that being said,  yeah I don't get how a team who hasn't beaten the colts in how long now? Is a better team then the colts. That's like saying despite losing and getting blown out by the patriots in three straight season, the colts are still a better team then them. It makes no sense. Now the Texans on the other, I would understand a lot more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go as far as to say that the team from the top down seem to be trending in the right direction barring the injury issue the Colts suffers from. There's still plenty to work on, team-wise. But if Grigson/Pagano/Irsay can put together back to back drafts, we could be a much happier fan base. And we are trending upward as the cream of the South again, and I'll take it as a Colts fan! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

The colts still haven't really done anything this year to earn respect. But with that being said,  yeah I don't get how a team who hasn't beaten the colts in how long now? Is a better team then the colts. That's like saying despite losing and getting blown out by the patriots in three straight season, the colts are still a better team then them. It makes no sense. Now the Texans on the other, I would understand a lot more.

In truth. our results do contradict

We've won at Green Bay (6-6) and Tennessee (6-6) and lost to Jacksonville (2-10)

.....but 3 wins in these final 4 games..and we're going to get some talk that isn't warmed over from the start of the year

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't know why but I almost think it is some type of media narrative that they had pre-planned before the season started.  They've all toed the same line all season long no matter if the Colts won or lost.  "Bad Colt Team"  "No Talent", "Bad O Line"  "Bad Coaches" "Bad GM" etc.   Even if the line blocks well they say "Bad Oline", Even if we coach well they say "bad coaches" etc.  The Narrative never ever changes no matter who speaks in the media.  I think many of them were seething mad that Irsay thumbed his nose up at them after they reported all season long of 2015 that he would fire Grigson and Pagano.  When Irsay turned around and gave both of them new 4 year contracts it made the media gurus look like fools.  The retaliation for that is to bash the team, owner, coaches, and GM incessantly for all of 2016.  And after we whoop the Texans butts today in our quest to win this division the media won't know what to do with themselves.  Again all that they have prophesied will be false!

 

I think a lot of it is just lazy media. Who don't even know most of our players but still typecast us as you spoke of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those that get respect  among men go out and take their respect. If the Colts want respect then they know when, where and how to take it. If your an NFL franchise then you take your respect in February. Everything else is just noise

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Arguments could be made that the AFC North and NFC South are worse divisions than the AFC South.  And the NFC North and NFC West aren't much better.

All 4 of those divisions are better then ours sure someone could argue but it's not gonna be a very good argument cause they would be wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

I'll go as far as to say that the team from the top down seem to be trending in the right direction barring the injury issue the Colts suffers from. There's still plenty to work on, team-wise. But if Grigson/Pagano/Irsay can put together back to back drafts, we could be a much happier fan base. And we are trending upward as the cream of the South again, and I'll take it as a Colts fan! :)

 

I think there's a lot of truth in what you're saying with players on defense like Geathers, Anderson, E. Jackson Green if he improves and Parry yes Parry. I think they need a stud pass rusher on defense and another corner. I don't think that'll need to sell the farm on defense just fill some holes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Good, let them go out there every week feeling disrespected and playing like they have something to prove (which they do). As soon as the media jumps on your bandwagon, you're doomed.

 

Yeah, Probably a good point a lot of it is mental. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

The media is still saying the Titians got a better team than us. Despite us beating them twice I kind of take offense to that. There just aren't going to give us respect no matter what we do it seems. The media is saying that the Titans have the best team but may not win the division. How many times do you have to beat a team to prove your better?  But I guess I shouldn't be surprised it's always been this way even when we were the top team in the NFL in the Manning days. I believe we do have the best team in the division. I know that doesn't mean much in the worst division in the NFL. But we do deserve some respect in the division.  I do believe we will beat the Texans today. 

 

What does everyone else think?

 

 

I'm mostly with Braveheart in the "who cares?"  camp.

 

But here's what the media is saying.....

 

The Titans have a better overall roster,  1-53, than the Colts do.     And they do.   

 

Except at one position.    Quarterback.     As good as Mariotta is,  and he's very good, with a great future,  Luck is better.     Much better.      So we beat them.

 

But the rest of the roster I think favors the Titans.    There's a lot of talent up and down that roster.    And it's only going to get better.     As part of the deal to allow the Rams to move up and get Goff,   Tennessee still gets the LA's 1st AND 3rd round picks in 2017 as well!       That's quite a haul.

 

So the Titans roster is about to get deeper next year.    

 

Doesn't matter that their roster is better,  as of now,  we still play them really tough as evidenced by the fact that we beat them twice this year.      We've got the better QB and that's what can happen in the NFL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

The colts still haven't really done anything this year to earn respect. But with that being said,  yeah I don't get how a team who hasn't beaten the colts in how long now? Is a better team then the colts. That's like saying despite losing and getting blown out by the patriots in three straight season, the colts are still a better team then them. It makes no sense. Now the Texans on the other, I would understand a lot more.

The media is a bunch of losers that have never played a down of football in their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Those that get respect  among men go out and take their respect. If the Colts want respect then they know when, where and how to take it. If your an NFL franchise then you take your respect in February. Everything else is just noise

 

Yes, but the gripe is that, apparently, the Titans don't need to wait 'til February.

I know, I know, 'Everything else is just noise', and that's try, but apparently some people can't ignore the noise.

Stick & stones.....

 

I'm so glad I no longer watch NFLN and ESPN, 'cept to watch the game itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

  Just have to finish first..

Its hard to win your division by luck (excuse the pun) because you play everybody twice.

 

There is a national perception that the Colts have nobody other than Andrew Luck and that he turns the ball over too much to be a top QB.  Up here, we get Chicago radio and I can hear ESPN Wisconsin..

They cannot believe that their teams (Bears and Packers) lost to the Colts because the Colts have nothing but Luck and he isn't what he used to be....

 

Luck is going to throw for 4,000 yards ..so far he has thrown 403 passes and has 8 interceptions

TY Hilton has been over 1,000 yards what, 4 times now?

We have 2 certain Hall-of-Famers (Vinatieri and Frank Gore) on offense.

 

Our profile is low but the next 4 weeks can change that

 

Chicago media is insufferable. So glad I don't have to listen to it anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buccolts said:

 

Yes, but the gripe is that, apparently, the Titans don't need to wait 'til February.

I know, I know, 'Everything else is just noise', and that's try, but apparently some people can't ignore the noise.

Stick & stones.....

 

I'm so glad I no longer watch NFLN and ESPN, 'cept to watch the game itself.

NFLN and even ESPN's job is promote a product or parts of different products in ESPN's case  considering they cover multiple sports. Everybody likes a winner in sports or the underdog story. There job is to promote what's hot or what sells. Winners sell. Right the Colts are not winners so they don't sell and wont get much time on NFLN or ESPN

 

If the Colts were winning they would get more face time. Fans would tune in and like ESPN/NFLN more for a short time. Sure I have a problem with how they cover some stories at times but I don't watch them much at all for stories. I get what info I find relevant and turn the channel

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I'm mostly with Braveheart in the "who cares?"  camp.

 

But here's what the media is saying.....

 

The Titans have a better overall roster,  1-53, than the Colts do.     And they do.   

 

Except at one position.    Quarterback.     As good as Mariotta is,  and he's very good, with a great future,  Luck is better.     Much better.      So we beat them.

 

But the rest of the roster I think favors the Titans.    There's a lot of talent up and down that roster.    And it's only going to get better.     As part of the deal to allow the Rams to move up and get Goff,   Tennessee still gets the LA's 1st AND 3rd round picks in 2017 as well!       That's quite a haul.

 

So the Titans roster is about to get deeper next year.    

 

Doesn't matter that their roster is better,  as of now,  we still play them really tough as evidenced by the fact that we beat them twice this year.      We've got the better QB and that's what can happen in the NFL.

 

 

Well, I'll believe you maybe someday but until they beat us and win the division I'm going with the Colts roster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...