Colts Vs. Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You think Ryan's oline was worse in the 1st four games last year than what we were running out there?   Just gonna have to disagree with you on that.  We had Sam Tevi at LT for the love of Pete.    How do shallower schemes result in more sacks and INTs?     Ryan is on pace to throw for more yds. 
    • See the personal message.  That is a gross misreading, triggered type of response from you.   I did not diagnose you with BpD. 
    • It seems Ballard banks on “he will be good in a year or 2” guys. Or at least that’s been my observation.   Frank needs to implement the no huddle offense with this team. Ryan is smart enough to run this, and every time this team runs no huddle up tempo offense, the team thrives. I don’t understand why he stops doing what works and tries force what doesn’t: Hines up the gut on 4th and goal. And who goes for it on 4th down on the 50 yard line when mahomes is sitting across the field???? It’s stuff like this that loses you ball games, and if it wasn’t for the fact that Andy Reid is 3-10 vs the Colts every other team would take advantage of that. It’s becoming *ic how much he goes for it, and loses, on 4th down. But ya know analytics.   the other thing is the defense was giving KC problems all day and you give mahomes the ball at mid field. Pin them deep Frank!!!! My god. He’s so frustrating. 
    • I got:   1) Myles Murphy, DL, Clemson 2) Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia 2) Rasheed Rice, WR, SMU 4) Garvon Dexter, DT, Florida 5) Owen Pappoe, LB, Auburn 7) Grayson McCall, QB, Coastal Carolina 7) Micah Abraham, CB, Marshall   We end Ryan experiment after one, and run with Ehlinger and Foles.  If the kid can’t get it done, we should be in position to draft a QB the next year.  Keep the WRs coming - they take a year or two to develop.  Murphy is a Ballard, long-armed type, and Jones can fill in where needed on the line (like RG or RT).
    • Point about Pinter is this is what CB has given the team.  We are the highest paid OLine in the league and aspire to medocrity.  Thats a major failure by the GM IMO.  We were terrible at pass pro last year and it looks like that trend is continuing.  You think we are going to have some other coach come in here and make chicken salad from some other chicken substance.    My expectations for Ryan aren't greater than what he's showing East.  He looks like an older, slower primarily downfield passer that has always had plus pass catchers his entire career in an offense that doesn't work that way.     He will be some better.  But I never thought he would improve this team much if any.  It looks like that is the direction he is heading. Completion rates are all high these days for the most part.   Geno Smith for instance has a 78 completion rate for the season.  That stat is fine, but doesn't move the needle.   I've been saying that our problems are that we don't/can't challenge teams outside the numbers and down the field much.   Taylor is a straight ahead RB that needs good blocking at the LOS to do his thing.  When he gains yardage on the outside it not hardly ever a bounce thing but the blocking scheme walling off the EDGEs.  Pittman is a solid inside X type of guy, but that is still the middle of the field primarily.     You advocate for PC playing outside and running goes.  Never even in college was a consistent successful thing for him in college.  He's probably never going to be a good Z type.  We have him, Hines, and Dulin who all seem best suited for the slot.   Pierce looked encouraging with a couple of 50 50 catches outside the numbers.  But he's likely going to be limited this year as a rook.   Look I am indifferent to Frank.  But I think alot of what you think are bad play calls are dictated by what personnel we have.  WE are built to attack the middle of the field and little else.    KC and GB are finding out quickly how valuable their #1 pass catchers were to their teams.  KC looked great v. AZ but struggled mightily with SD winning on a 99 yd. INT return and us.   
  • Members

• Orthobill13

Orthobill13 0

Rookie
    • JediXMan

JediXMan 3,190

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 1,387

• chad72

chad72 10,700

• Myles

Myles 5,878