Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore Over the Pats

King Colt

Just have feeling the Ravens will out play the Pats for four quarters or at least this will be very close but I think the Pats aren't capable of winning this one even with Hoody's brain. It appears a lot of folks think Gronk's absence won't be a big impact but I disagree, This game will tell. Game of the week unless you are a Cowboys or Giants fan.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens D is playing well and so is Flacco.  You look at the Pats and Amendola is out as well as Gronk.  Brady is also getting hit a lot more this year but if I had to put money on it, the Pats will pull it out at home.  I hope I am wrong.  I think I'd rather see the Ravens in the playoffs over the Steelers. 

6 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I was going point out who they bet, but then realized outside of NE,KC,Oakland, and Denver the AFC inpike of mediocrity!

NFC isnt much different.   there are 23 teams within one game of the colts record or worse right now

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Ravens D is playing well and so is Flacco.  You look at the Pats and Amendola is out as well as Gronk.  Brady is also getting hit a lot more this year but if I had to put money on it, the Pats will pull it out at home.  I hope I am wrong.  I think I'd rather see the Ravens in the playoffs over the Steelers. 

Not true on Brady getting hit...he's getting hit much less this year. The O-Line is doing a much better job and they are running the ball more often.

20 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

Not true on Brady getting hit...he's getting hit much less this year. The O-Line is doing a much better job and they are running the ball more often.

I don't watch them play every game, but the few I have watched, it sure did seem like he was getting hit quite a bit.  I know he's completely off of the injury report now.  You would know more than I do though, because you watch them consistently. 

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

Just have feeling the Ravens will out play the Pats for four quarters or at least this will be very close but I think the Pats aren't capable of winning this one even with Hoody's brain. It appears a lot of folks think Gronk's absence won't be a big impact but I disagree, This game will tell. Game of the week unless you are a Cowboys or Giants fan.

If the Steelers had just one receiver healthy other than AB in the Baltimore game you would have seen Ben throw for about 500 yards.  That secondary is cringe worthy and I'm pretty sure Brady could have 4 60 year old men out playing receiver and still put up 300+ yards and over 21 points.

btw man I thought Indy's injuries were awful but has anyone kept up with Pit?  Every receiver not named Brown has been hurt, they lost their best player on defense, their top ILB has been in and out of the lineup and their oline has injuries.  The only thing they have healthy (since Ben got hurt also and all of their backup RB's) has been their secondary.... lol 

2 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

If the Steelers had just one receiver healthy other than AB in the Baltimore game you would have seen Ben throw for about 500 yards.  That secondary is cringe worthy and I'm pretty sure Brady could have 4 60 year old men out playing receiver and still put up 300+ yards and over 21 points.

btw man I thought Indy's injuries were awful but has anyone kept up with Pit?  Every receiver not named Brown has been hurt, they lost their best player on defense, their top ILB has been in and out of the lineup and their oline has injuries.  The only thing they have healthy (since Ben got hurt also and all of their backup RB's) has been their secondary.... lol 

I don't think the secondary is the best part of our defense, but it is fairly healthy with Young, Smith, Wendell , and Webb. Much improved over the injury riddled secondaries over the last two years. The Ravens have beaten the Steelers four straight games, and five of the last six. They have beaten Pittsburgh with and without those guys. I will also point out the Ravens had as much, or more injuries than the Steelers during this recent streak. Check the record. 

17 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

Go Baltibirds! I almost want them to win more than the Colts! :)

With Almost being the key word here.   Yes, I agree.

9 hours ago, 19colt said:

Not often I root for Baltimore but will be in this one!

Yep.  Same here.

So many teams go into playing NE defeated before they start...Baltimore is not one of those teams...and that comes from leadership. I would trade anyone not named Andrew Luck for a coach like John Harbaugh. Hoping for a good game. Baltimore and New England is a great game. You know the coaches will both make an impact in the game. Normally NE has the advantage with Brady but with Gronk out it should even things out a little bit. Game of the week for me....even more so than our Colts game just because I know the level of play will be so high.

I had lunch at a place called Cape Cod Café in Houston  last week and the owner walked around talking to the customers. The table next to me was one of his stop and naturally the guy is a die hard Pats fan. I kept me face down and just ate hoping he would not come to my table and he did not. Had he approached me it would have ruined  very good meal. I am real tempted to return and wear one of my Super Bowl Colts T-shirts but he would probably ask, "only one"?  :angry:

On 2016-12-11 at 8:20 AM, The Old Crow said:

Some interesting tidbits. Baltimore is the #1 seed overall defense. Brady is 6-0 against number one defenses coming into Foxborough. 

All you guys need to do is get Joe Flacco to the playoffs.  Once he gets into the playoffs, he turns into Joe Montana

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

All you guys need to do is get Joe Flacco to the playoffs.  Once he gets into the playoffs, he turns into Joe Montana

He has had a sub par season so far coming back from the ACL. The O line has been banged up also similar to Indy. Hopefully , the offense will start to jell and build on the Miami win. We all know it won't be easy. Joe generally plays well against NE, and better in the playoffs. The bad thing for the Ravens is we blew some games in the soft, early part of the schedule. Now our backs are against the wall in terms of making the playoffs. You can't lose to the Jets, but we did !

22 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

He has had a sub par season so far coming back from the ACL. The O line has been banged up also similar to Indy. Hopefully , the offense will start to jell and build on the Miami win. We all know it won't be easy. Joe generally plays well against NE, and better in the playoffs. The bad thing for the Ravens is we blew some games in the soft, early part of the schedule. Now our backs are against the wall in terms of making the playoffs. You can't lose to the Jets, but we did !

I hate it when the Pats face the Ravens, only because your team is one of the few who can actually win in Gillette even if the Pats play great Football. (Usually if the Pats play well it's a W no matter what.)

i am hoping for a win win but mostly no more injuries to the Pats core of pass catchers. (I think Mitchell going light it up tonight for like 125 Yards and 2 TD) 

Just now, JimJaime said:

I hate it when the Pats face the Ravens, only because your team is one of the few who can actually win in Gillette even if the Pats play great Football. (Usually if the Pats play well it's a W no matter what.)

i am hoping for a win win but mostly no more injuries to the Pats core of pass catchers. (I think Mitchell going light it up tonight for like 125 Yards and 2 TD) 

Certainly, when Pittsburgh has already won and is 8-5, and you need to keep pace, the last team you want to see is the Patriots. I think the loss of Gronk and Amendola help us, plus we have most of our injured guys back. That being said, the Ravens failed their first big test at Dallas. If the offense gets it together, this team may have some legitimate post season aspirations. I'm not totally sold on this edition of the Ravens, but I think it's an organization going in the right direction after a 5-11 debacle last season. 

The Patriots/ Ravens rivalry is getting better all the time. Plenty of side stories and intrigue. To me, it's always a game to look forward to similar to the Steelers, but one you can never relax the whole game, as they are generally close games. The Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots are hard slugging teams built for cold weather. That is why the games are close most of the time. Could be another good one here, we shall see. 

12 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Certainly, when Pittsburgh has already won and is 8-5, and you need to keep pace, the last team you want to see is the Patriots. I think the loss of Gronk and Amendola help us, plus we have most of our injured guys back. That being said, the Ravens failed their first big test at Dallas. If the offense gets it together, this team may have some legitimate post season aspirations. I'm not totally sold on this edition of the Ravens, but I think it's an organization going in the right direction after a 5-11 debacle last season. 

The Patriots/ Ravens rivalry is getting better all the time. Plenty of side stories and intrigue. To me, it's always a game to look forward to similar to the Steelers, but one you can never relax the whole game, as they are generally close games. The Ravens, Steelers, and Patriots are hard slugging teams built for cold weather. That is why the games are close most of the time. Could be another good one here, we shall see. 

Agreed, let's both hope for a great game with no back breaking injuries to any key players. (I hate see a teams hopes crushed by losing someone like Miami did yesterday.)

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Agreed, let's both hope for a great game with no back breaking injuries to any key players. (I hate see a teams hopes crushed by losing someone like Miami did yesterday.)

No doubt. The good thing for you guys is a loss is not that big of a deal , for us, it's disastrous. We would have to sweep the last three games, two on the road. No easy path there , or tonight . 

That safety could prove costly in a close game later, but the Ravens seem to be able to move the ball so far and always seem to be able to make Brady "lose it" a bit with helmet throwing, screaming and looking at the sky in anger with his fists balled up.