Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Jets thoughts

IinD

We have to stay patient, that is the key. We cannot leave points on the field even if it is a FG trying to press to get a TD, take the FG and play a 60 minute game. The Jets that I saw against the Patriots after their bye looked much better on the offensive side of the ball making smart decisions.

We cannot control whether the good or bad Fitzpatrick shows up, Luck can control the fact that the good Andrew shows up. It is OK to punt because their O is not made of world beaters, and be patient without giving them short fields. No matter how putrid an O maybe, if you give them a short field with turnovers, you are asking for trouble. Andrew should not press because he is coming off a concussion and is eager to get back on the field.

1 hour ago, Peyton1816 said:

You may have said that last year, but I certainly didn't.

On Monday, Colts win it. No problem.

Yeah....ok it's the same jets team from last year nothing has changed with them....like I said same thing was expected last year and we saw how it went

On 11/28/2016 at 7:38 AM, krunk said:

we should win but the game has to be played like a playoff game in terms of effort and execution. Can't let them linger around.

Exactly, we need to play with a clear purpose, to show we are better than they are and that we belong in the playoffs.  Can't let this Jets team have any life down the stretch.  We come with a swagger and take the wind out of their sails early and often.  You are exactly right, this MUST be played like a playoff game.  I just hope that Pagano doesn't keep talking about how great the Jets are , because I don't think his reverse-p strategy works.

With Luck, Geathers and Kelly coming back healthy this is a winnable game for us away from home, something that has been in short supply this year.

Offensive gameplan needs to focus on the run and play-action since Gore did well against them last year with an arguably worse Oline, if I remember right. The Jets defensive line is legit. Probably top 3 in the league right now. Slants, screens and checkdowns are going to be our best friends this week. Chud & Schotty cant have 12 holding onto the ball for 2.5 seconds every pass play looking for the big shot. If they do, they're going to land him back on the injured list quicker than you can say "Where did that linebacker go?".

. Work the screens and slants

. Slow down the blitzes that Todd Bowles loves to throw at us, a la Rex Ryan

. Establish the run

. Let the big plays come off of play-action

Defensively our big issue is that Vontae's health is hanging by a thread and to be perfectly frank, I don't have confidence in him to be effective right now. His ankle was a big issue against Pitt and he left after picking up a groin injury. As much as I respect Vontae's coverage, when he's not healthy he's not great. Chino needs to make sure that if Vontae isn't fighting fit we aren't leaving him on an island almost every play, or we could end up with another Antonio Brown situation. Even with Eric Decker out, Brandon Marshall and Quincy Enunwa are dangerous and if Fitz is given time he will find them. Having Geathers back means we can utilise our 3 safety looks again, which is when I think our D looks at its strongest. Especially with Vontae potentially needing more help over the top we need all the coverage personnel we can get on the field. Forte has looked infinitely mediocre in the run game but Bilal Powell is one of the better change of pace backs out there right now, don't be surprised if he gets fed after a couple of good gains.

. Stop the run game

. Watch for Forte in the flats and on screens

. Help Vontae

. Blitz effectively

. Don't let Fitz get into rhythm

36 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

With Luck, Geathers and Kelly coming back healthy this is a winnable game for us away from home, something that has been in short supply this year.

Offensive gameplan needs to focus on the run and play-action since Gore did well against them last year with an arguably worse Oline, if I remember right. The Jets defensive line is legit. Probably top 3 in the league right now. Slants, screens and checkdowns are going to be our best friends this week. Chud & Schotty cant have 12 holding onto the ball for 2.5 seconds every pass play looking for the big shot. If they do, they're going to land him back on the injured list quicker than you can say "Where did that linebacker go?".

. Work the screens and slants

. Slow down the blitzes that Todd Bowles loves to throw at us, a la Rex Ryan

. Establish the run

. Let the big plays come off of play-action

Defensively our big issue is that Vontae's health is hanging by a thread and to be perfectly frank, I don't have confidence in him to be effective right now. His ankle was a big issue against Pitt and he left after picking up a groin injury. As much as I respect Vontae's coverage, when he's not healthy he's not great. Chino needs to make sure that if Vontae isn't fighting fit we aren't leaving him on an island almost every play, or we could end up with another Antonio Brown situation. Even with Eric Decker out, Brandon Marshall and Quincy Enunwa are dangerous and if Fitz is given time he will find them. Having Geathers back means we can utilise our 3 safety looks again, which is when I think our D looks at its strongest. Especially with Vontae potentially needing more help over the top we need all the coverage personnel we can get on the field. Forte has looked infinitely mediocre in the run game but Bilal Powell is one of the better change of pace backs out there right now, don't be surprised if he gets fed after a couple of good gains.

. Stop the run game

. Watch for Forte in the flats and on screens

. Help Vontae

. Blitz effectively

. Don't let Fitz get into rhythm

Geathers didn't practice Friday due to a neck injury. 

We must absolutely win this game! The stage is being set more and more for us to take the lead over Houston. I just saw on NFL.com that Jadaveon Clowney is not playing against Green Bay. That's a pretty sizeable chink in their defensive armor against Green Bay. They probably wont be able to get much pressure on Aaron Rogers with just Mercilous alone.

I think it's gonna be close.  I think Luck is gonna get hit like 30 times.  BUT I think the Colts need this one way more than the Jets, who are just about mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.  I think the Colts take a close one 23-19.

On 12/3/2016 at 8:38 PM, NewColtsFan said:

We have to win Monday night.

Technically no. I personally feel it's a must win game, but if we lose tonight and win next week, both teams would be 6-7. But yeah, it's basically a must win as far as the team gelling at the end of the year when you want to play your best.