Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early Jets thoughts

IinD

Watched them hang for 3 full qrts today vs NE and was actually shocked. Weird game. They were literally warm/cold at times. Guess 3 win teams don't roll hot often so I went with warm.

What's everones vibe for next week? Seems winnable if players are available obviously and we don't handcuff ourselves with dumbness and penalties.

Definitely lifted my spirits seeing Hou lose and hopefully shaping up for an important showdown with them soon.

Side note: Anyone attending? Got tickets in hand for this one. We usually represent well there.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Watched them hang for 3 full qrts today vs NE and was actually shocked. Weird game. They were literally warm/cold at times. Guess 3 win teams don't roll hot often so I went with warm.

What's everones vibe for next week? Seems winnable if players are available obviously and we don't handcuff ourselves with dumbness and penalties.

Definitely lifted my spirits seeing Hou lose and hopefully shaping up for an important showdown with them soon.

Side note: Anyone attending? Got tickets in hand for this one. We usually represent well there.

I just hope the Colts can pull out a win and the game doesn't turn into another bad look on primetime for everyone to see again this season!! If Colts lose though the ready made excuse by Chuck will be how tough the 3 win Jets are and give credit to their staff for going toe to toe with the Pats (a bitter division rivalry game) the week before but we made too many mistakes in this game, didn't seem prepared; we'll put this one behind us and keep grinding (or chopping wood) because we STILL have a shot at the division title despite being 5-7..... :facepalm:

It's definitely going to be tough.  The Jets D seems to be picking up and they could've won that game against NE, was a fun game to watch.  I don't see unless they develop a solid game plan, how this OL will hold up against the Jets D.  I don't think it has the capability to sit there and protect Luck if he's going to take 3-5 seconds to get the ball to his receivers.  

Unfortunately, it seems like the Jets are always on top of their game when they play the Colts also and the Colts D is so bad that Fitzpatrick if he plays like he did Sunday will have a field day.  Fitzpatrick wasn't really a world beater last year and the Colts took a dump though Luck was atrocious.  In 2013 they absolutely stomped the Colts, Luck another bad game with the Jets only passing for a mere 99 yards absolutely decimated the Colts.  Luck will have to be on his A game, so will the team as a whole. 

Luck coming off a concussion will have to play well, error free and the team as a whole will have to play good and they may have a shot at winning.  Hopefully we catch Fitzpatrick on one of his off days (which seems to happen all the time haha) that would be a real gem.  I'll go with a coin toss on this one.  Definitely not a game one would want to put their $ on.

Jets have a good defensive line and wide receivers group. Forte is only good when he catches the ball. Besides that, they aren't very good. 

I'm going to assume that Fitzmagic is going to start because he played fine yesterday. 

They're beatable. 

Personally I think it's tough to judge the Jets by the game vs NE.

Reason being is that playing NE is always their Super Bowl. No matter how bad the Jets are, they about always play NE tough and over and above what they usually do.

They are the type of team that if the Colts can jump on them early, I could see them folding up later on.

The Colts have been much better the last few weeks about starting fasts so we'll see how it goes.

Health is paramount so we'll see who's healthy and will be available.

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Personally I think it's tough to judge the Jets by the game vs NE.

Reason being is that playing NE is always their Super Bowl. No matter how bad the Jets are, they about always play NE tough and over and above what they usually do.

They are the type of team that if the Colts can jump on them early, I could see them folding up later on.

The Colts have been much better the last few weeks about starting fasts so we'll see how it goes.

Health is paramount so we'll see who's healthy and will be available.

I'm more concerned that they are the type of team we feel we can play around with and not bring the A game. I say totally ignore their record.   Let's not forget last year when they came to Lucas Oil stadium  and shut our offense down for damn near 4 quarters.   If we play full bore I'm confident we will win, but if we don't we could wind up stuck in the mud.   I'm hoping we just go in there and do what we got to do and come back home with the W.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm more concerned that they are the type of team we feel we can play around with and not bring the A game. I say totally ignore their record.   Let's not forget last year when they came to Lucas Oil stadium  and shut our offense down for damn near 4 quarters.   If we play full bore I'm confident we will win, but if we don't we could wind up stuck in the mud.   I'm hoping we just go in there and do what we got to do and come back home with the W.

That's why I'm hoping the Colts jump on them early. If they play the way they did at Green Bay, they should blow them out as the Jets don't have the caliber of qb Green Bay does. But if they toy around and let the Jets hang around, it could be a long night,

Luck and the coaches need to figure their % out.  He really, really needs tp start getting the ball out sooner if he wants to have a long career. I watched a bunch of games yesterday and saw pretty much every qb at one time or another get rid of the ball very quickly o blitzes or throw timing routes. 

Luck simply never does this and it's very worrying for the top paid qb 

The Jets are 3-8 but don't let that fool you.  The Colts have lost to them both times in the Luck era and both games weren't even really that close.  They had a chance to beat the Pats yesterday, all though the past 7 games have been close games with those two teams.  I think if the Colts can contain Brandon Marshall and not turn the ball over that they should win.  They have to get this one, time is running out.

5 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

They always give the pats problem I don't feed into that divisional game but chuck need to watch film from last season and don't make the mistakes from last year game when we played them....expect heavy blitzing and make sure marshall and decker don't get off

Decker won't get off because he's on IR :thmup: but I agree with Marshall

12 hours ago, IinD said:

It does depend on a few things. 

1. Can our coaches put together a game plan that forces Luck to throw from a 3-5 step drop

2. Adjust the game plan to fit the style and flow of the game both at half and in game

3. Which players will be able to play

4. Which players will get re-injured or break one of their press on nails and have to tap out. 

5. Will we have the receivers that catch the passes catchable or drop nearly everything not handed to them in a soft loving fashion? 

Although the Jets played the pats very tough, that isn't a true gauge of how good they could be. That's a division rival and much like our rivals who look awful many years, still play us tough because they know us and play harder perhaps for pride. Colts have to address every game from here until the playoffs like a playoff game. Once the playoffs get here, they need to play it like a Super Bowl game. I just don't see this as our years though but anything could happen. 

This game is probably the easiest one left on the schedule outside of the Jags, so if there is any hope of them going to the playoffs, Colts must win this one.

I'm willing to forget the Thanksgiving fiasco since Luck didn't play (not that it gives the D a free pass), so I will say I like the Colts in this one since (with Luck) they have been playing relatively well recently.

Jets always seem to play the Colts tough.  Should the Colts win...I think it will be another too close for comfort type deal. The Jets have a solid defensive line and any team that can get after the quarterback has a chance to beat the Colts.  However, the Jets are a team I think the Colts should be able to beat if they have any serious playoff aspirations.  Colts need this one.  A loss to that team in this spot would be disappointing.

17 hours ago, IinD said:

division games never make sense. I wouldnt put too much stock

I think they just had their SB and lost.  They now know they are going nowhere.  Like everybody else NE is their big rivalry game and they lost it.  I expect there are a lot of deflated players there.  We will see if they play hard for their coach and for how long.  I would think this is the perfect time to play them.  I am expecting a convincing win in this game because we need it and will fight hard for it and they are playing the season out. 

IMHO the Colts hold off the Jets 13-10 on a late Vinatieri field goal, and the critics have a field day on talking about how "weak" the Colts are and how we only won because of Fitzpatrick's sluggish play. The Jets may be demoralized right now, but the Colts have a habit of playing down to other teams. If that's the way it shakes out though I'll just be happy with the win.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

We win this game as long as we stay away from any game changing turnovers.   I remember we gifted those dudes at least 10 points last year just in silly turnovers.     

Sooo should have one that one. Left LOS thinking 'how'd we lose to this okay'ish' team'. 

Only we'd fumble at the goal line. Luck had an ugly pick as well.

Partially why I'm going to this game. Left the last meeting feeling like poo.

As much as I dislike the team in so many ways, I feel like they're better then a Jets level type team. At least I want to.

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

Sooo should have one that one. Left LOS thinking 'how'd we lose to this okay'ish' team'. 

Only we'd fumble at the goal line. Luck had an ugly pick as well.

Partially why I'm going to this game. Left the last meeting feeling like poo.

As much as I dislike the team in so many ways, I feel like they're better then a Jets level type team. At least I want to.

That defense s similar in some ways to how Green Bay was perceived before we won that game. Good front but lacking in the secondary

Oh man, this is a MNF game next week on the road?:facepalm:

Whatever.

Anyway, not taking a ton from the Jets hosting the Pats. Usually every year they play the Patriots at home quite close.

We "should" win this game, but maybe a close one.......but I would be highly suprised if we don't win this game and find a way to pull this out right now. We have too much on the line and I think Luck shows up.

On 11/28/2016 at 2:26 AM, IinD said:

I'll be there. My first Colts game.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'll be there. My first Colts game.

Congrats on your 1st game live, taking the rookie reigns off of you. All kidding aside that is pretty cool you get to see us play in NY. Vegas has us a 1 point favorite as of now but they are counting on Luck and TY playing. I have actually only been to 1 road Colts game and been a fan since 1984, I traveled to Chicago in 2004 and Peyton didn't disappoint.