Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ending of Bengals @ Ravens

JCPatriot

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Okay.... I didn't see this game.  Can someone fill me in on what happened?

Took an intentional safety.   Not just that,   The lineman were holding and tackling the defenders so the punter could hold onto the ball until time ran out.     They were up 4 or 5 with 11 seconds left.    Pretty good idea.  I've seen similar things in the past

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Took an intentional safety.   Not just that,   The lineman were holding and tackling the defenders so the punter could hold onto the ball until time ran out.     They were up 4 or 5 with 11 seconds left.    Pretty good idea.  I've seen similar things in the past

It actually makes sense.........in the pros. 

..a similar thing happened in Illinois high schools...where one team that was ahead by 3 (Fenwick) had their QB intentionally ground the ball with 4 seconds left running out the clock.

'

the refs gave the other team an untimed down (Incorrectly as it turned out) and they came back and won.

But it was the wrong call.....the game can end on an offensive penalty

3 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I wonder if Harbaugh called Belichick, as this was a dirty and sneaky trick. Belichick schooled Harbaugh on those formations, that is for sure. Belichick is the " Oracle " and absolute master of dirty tricks. He makes Nixon look like an amateur. 

So knowing the rules and what is legal and allowed is now cheating? Wow here I was thinking that's called being a coach and doing what it takes to win. (Is the diffeeent formations is hardly odd it was done numerous times in college) I guess Miami OC was a cheater to by introducing the wildcat..  (eye roll)

7 hours ago, JimJaime said:

So knowing the rules and what is legal and allowed is now cheating? Wow here I was thinking that's called being a coach and doing what it takes to win. (Is the diffeeent formations is hardly odd it was done numerous times in college) I guess Miami OC was a cheater to by introducing the wildcat..  (eye roll)

Notice I didn't say cheating, just dirty tricks. Kind of a left handed compliment to Belichick. He never misses a trick ! 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Its not a blame.  It understanding there is a cohesive philosophy.  There is the here and now, and then there is where we want to be.   My point is that over the course of the past two seasons. there have been rumblings about Reich not being a great HC, notably pointing to play calling.  In that context, the comments are usually in the environment of Reich not being the offensive mind we thought, not being a good play caller, no innovation.  As if its a deficiency on his part, that he wishes he could call better plays, but just can't see them due to some blindness.   I think he calls the plays by choice.  I think he wants to be conservative.  I think he feels that's the best chance for the team to succeed, and those are the best plays to call given the talents of the players he has to work with at the moment.  To the extent Ballard is in this conversation, I think Ballard agrees.   I don't think that calling different plays will succeed.  I don't think having another play caller...unless its someone on the team....is going to work any better.   You can call for Hines on a jet sweep, but it will probably get the same two yards as calling Hines up the middle....because that's who we are right now and neither Reich (nor Ballard) can really change that at the moment.    KC plays a much different style than BALT.  Tenn plays different than both.  They don't have the ability to change up how they win when their primary system isn't working.  Only NE could do that.
    • Ryan Matthews played six games in 2014; after that it was Branden Oliver and Donald Brown. Melvin Gordon was a rookie, and not very effective, in 2015. Reich was gone after that. Chicken or egg... but they didn't have productive backs in either of Reich's two seasons as the play caller.   I don't see Reich or Sirianni as products of Whisenhunt. Reich in particular has been with a bunch of different offensive coaches, with varied offensive philosophies. Tom Moore, Whisenhunt, Pederson... there's some overlap in areas, but those guys are all very different. He was with Whisenhunt for a year in AZ as well, but then he played in multiple systems also.    I'm not sure what Reich's offense is meant to be. Again, it's hard to know with all the turnover at the most important position. But I don't think he's done a good job of stamping his identity on the team. Particularly on his side of the ball.
    • Hopefully Rivers and Pinter are getting some work in.
    • We're 23rd in pass attempts per game right now (so now bottom 10 average), and that's not middle of the pack....., and we were lower before our last outing with 44 attempts which drove the average up. Prior to last game, we were 30.8 which would rank 28th (bottom 5).   So sorry, was quoting that stat I remembered, which was an AVG from before our last game. lol   I will complain when we throw too much vs bad run Ds like Jax, which was a bad game plan. And I'll complain if we run too much against a poor passing D.    I know, crazy right. Trying to pass against a bad pass D. Or run vs a bad run D.... Who would have thought!    You're like an old lady looking for crack to say, you're wrong!... Well, calling us middle of the pack is wrong, and you just did that... Whooooops!   Bottom 5, bottom 10, still bad. It's not close to dishonest. Calm down with the old lady outrage act.    
    • I will say that I think Frank is a great coach.  Look at what he and the Colts in general have had to endure in his first 2 1/2 years:   Unprecedented injuries to WR.  Look at the some of the names he has worked with: Ryan Grant Dontrelle Inman Chester Rogers Ashton Dulin Marcus Johnson- has shown potential Reece Fountain Zach Pascal- has looked great Demichael Harris   Also, I thought about this earlier this week.  He has had 3 different starting QBS in 3 years: Andrew Luck- Retired at 29.  One of the most shocking retirements in recent history Jacoby Brissett Philip Rivers   I"m just saying.  To go 21-17 in 2 years and 6 games is pretty impressive.  
  • Members

• Nesjan3

Nesjan3 1,121

• ThePowerslave

ThePowerslave 27

• Mr.Debonair

Mr.Debonair 2,526

• Caleb3502

Caleb3502 599

• CamMo

CamMo 1,017

• dw49