Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts after week 12

Colts1324

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Colts are 5-6. Will 10-6 be good enough to win this division? Will we go 10-6?

I think 10-6 wins the division but I'm not sure we can beat Oakland. Thoughts? 

Going to be hard to beat the Texans, Vikings, and Raiders.

Our best hope is for the Texans to lose out. 

Why exactly are we losing to Oakland? That Oakland defense I saw against Houston was bad. Houston of all teams had no problem moving the ball on them. Carr has swag to me, but I don't think there's a lot of scary parts on that offense. I believe we will win that one

18 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Jets and Jags should be wins

Texans and Vikings will both be tough. They will probably win one of those.

They're gonna lose to the Raiders.

8-8 seems the likeliest. Hey, it's better than Heath Evans and Elliot Harrison's prediction haha 

I actually have a little concern about that Jet game. That defense handled our offense last year. I remember Luck taking a number of shots.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Why exactly are we losing to Oakland? That Oakland defense I saw against Houston was bad. Houston of all teams had no problem moving the ball on them. Carr has swag to me, but I don't think there's a lot of scary parts on that offense. I believe we will win that one

They have Khalil Mack vs our weak oline. And Cooper and Cab will be mismatches 

Just now, runthepost said:

They have Khalil Mack vs our weak oline. And Cooper and Cab will be mismatches 

Cooper and Crabtree are not elite to me. Just good. We've seen better receivers. My respect mostly goes to Carr. I have no concerns we will move the ball on them. They aren't really a good run D either.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cooper and Crabtree are not elite to me. Just good. We've seen better receivers. My respect mostly goes to Carr. I have no concerns we will move the ball on them. They aren't really a good run D either.

Don't need to be elite. We've made worse WRs look great

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cooper is top 10 in yards and catches while Crab is #5 in TDs

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

I actually have a little concern about that Jet game. That defense handled our offense last year. I remember Luck taking a number of shots.

Yeah that could be a concern but as long as Luck gets some time, they should be alright. They're secondary, and Revis are not what they once were. Luck should be able to score some points, and their offense isn't scaring anybody.

Hopefully this mini bye week will give the team ample time to heal up. Need Vontae, and Geathers plus a rested and ready Defensive front to remain effective. 

6 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Yeah that could be a concern but as long as Luck gets some time, they should be alright. They're secondary, and Revis are not what they once were. Luck should be able to score some points, and their offense isn't scaring anybody.

Hopefully this mini bye week will give the team ample time to heal up. Need Vontae, and Geathers plus a rested and ready Defensive front to remain effective. 

If they are beating up our pass protection I have concern it will be one of those long drawn out games where its somehow close in the 4th quarter and we find a way to lose. We haven't played well against the Jets on the Road. That was early in Lucks career though.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

If they are beating up our pass protection I have concern it will be one of those long drawn out games where its somehow close in the 4th quarter and we find a way to lose. We haven't played well against the Jets on the Road. That was early in Lucks career though.

I mean yeah. Not saying it'll be a cakewalk (though literally no game this season has been), but I do believe the Colts will come out on top. Especially if we get guys back healthy/healthier.

Vontae was horribad tonight. But he gets some rest, and heals up that ankle, he should be better. 

We might need to think about investing a lot of money in FA/a high pick in the draft for another corner though. As good as Vontae is, he sure gets banged up a lot.

36 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

I will make a prediction that is not that far fetched. Colts will not win another game this year. Luck will miss the last 4 games. Colts probably will only win maybe 5 games over the next 3 years combined.

I hope you are joking?!

Because no offense, but that is one of the most delusional comments I have read on here. I will bet you a good amount of money they make the playoffs the next two years after this season.  And will most likely win at least 3 out of their 5 games this year. 

We just played an underrated steelers team very well without a lot of our key players playing most or all of the game. We are a good coach or GM, a good draft, a top FA or two, and a healthy team away from being back in the Super Bowl discussion next year. That all is achievable this coming offseason. 

It depends on our health. We've picked up even more injuries from this game. I'm hoping we don't have to play the Jets with Harrison at Center. Mathis got hurt, Vontae picked up a groin injury. T.Y. Couldn't finish the game and I do believe their were others.

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Going to be hard to beat the Texans, Vikings, and Raiders.

Our best hope is for the Texans to lose out. 

I absolutely believe we beat the Jets, Texans, and Jags... I'm really only worried about the Raiders prolific passing attack and pass rush beating us. 

I believe the Texans win against the Jags as well. But I could very well see them losing 4 or 5 of their remaining games. SD, GB, IND, CIN, and TEN all are going to be tough games. 

Osweiler is terrible. I don't see them getting away with his subpar play much longer. But I guess we will have to wait and see how it all plays out! 

Go Colts!!! 

i wont be surprised if we win out the season. the team overall looks better than it did opening the season and i think things are finally getting better for the most part, with the obvious needs hopefully being addressed next offseason. i also wont be surprised if our season continues the way it has lol.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, Colts1324 said:

I absolutely believe we beat the Jets, Texans, and Jags... I'm really only worried about the Raiders prolific passing attack and pass rush beating us. 

I believe the Texans win against the Jags as well. But I could very well see them losing 4 or 5 of their remaining games. SD, GB, IND, CIN, and TEN all are going to be tough games. 

Osweiler is terrible. I don't see them getting away with his subpar play much longer. But I guess we will have to wait and see how it all plays out! 

Go Colts!!! 

The Raiders offense is a clone of that Rich Gannon led offense from a couple years ago. I think you beat it the same way too. A good zone defense and sound tackling. There defense is bad. I think we can win.

On November 25, 2016 at 0:00 AM, NorthernBlue said:

Jets and Jags should be wins

Texans and Vikings will both be tough. They will probably win one of those.

They're gonna lose to the Raiders.

8-8 seems the likeliest. Hey, it's better than Heath Evans and Elliot Harrison's prediction haha 

Why should we beat the Jags?

A lot of people said before the season this would be a bad season for us and its true, Even if we make the playoffs (which is a huge longshot) we will not get far at all.

The roster is not very talent laden and with the lack of quality talent at key positions we are about where we should be in the standings.  Lay this at the feet of Grigson

I have to see how healthy TY, Kelly, and Davis are going into the Jets game and see If Andrew is cleared to play to make any long term prediction. If our key players play I see a win over the Jets. Assuming Andrew stays healthy I also think we will beat the Jags as they are just bad and we owe them for earlier in the year. I cant see the Texans beating us either 2 years in a row in Indy and Osweiler just doesn't impress me. If we win those, that is 8 wins. It comes down to can we win at Oakland or Minnesota? If healthy those are the 2 games that scare me the most. It will take 9-7 to win the Division unless the Texans really collapse. I will be curious to see how the Texans do against the Chargers tomorrow, that will tell us a lot moving forward.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to see how healthy TY, Kelly, and Davis are going into the Jets game and see If Andrew is cleared to play to make any long term prediction. If our key players play I see a win over the Jets. Assuming Andrew stays healthy I also think we will beat the Jags as they are just bad and we owe them for earlier in the year. I cant see the Texans beating us either 2 years in a row in Indy and Osweiler just doesn't impress me. If we win those, that is 8 wins. It comes down to can we win at Oakland or Minnesota? If healthy those are the 2 games that scare me the most. It will take 9-7 to win the Division unless the Texans really collapse. I will be curious to see how the Texans do against the Chargers tomorrow, that will tell us a lot moving forward.

I'm expecting another Texan loss. I think Green Bay will beat them too.

We just have to make sure we don't lose to New York on the Road. Other people might not see it the way I do but the Jets still have talent in that front 7, Bowles is going to be bringing a lot of blitz, Revis has been bad but he's still very experienced so its not like you can play sloppy and think he wont make a play on the football. Plus we have this continuing record of playing bad football on Monday Night. Especially on the road. If we don't see our situation the way it is and play it like a playoff game we will find a way to play a tight game against them which doesnt usually turn out well. Hopefully Luck wont get up there and throw Pick 6 or do anything to help them out. I know the Jets O is bad but that's still Matt Forte back there and Marshall can make a play or two. They will probably have Fitz play. Its definitely a winnable game but I can see us losing if we are sloppy.

On 11/24/2016 at 9:31 PM, MCurtis32 said:

I will make a prediction that is not that far fetched. Colts will not win another game this year. Luck will miss the last 4 games. Colts probably will only win maybe 5 games over the next 3 years combined.

Why  don't you stop bothering people that want to talk intelligently about the team. For God's sake you don't even appear to be capable of figuring out that if Luck is out for the year , as you imply, he would miss the last 5 games , not 4 as you state. 

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:31 PM, MCurtis32 said:

That's far-fetched......that is so crazy it puts the 'far' in far fetched

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:29 AM, James Harden said:

We will either win out or go 9-7. Book it 

we still have a path to 9-7....we (get healthy first and)  beat the Jets (4-7) and The Vikings (6-5)

....big home win over the Texans and a New Year's Day win over Jacksonville.

,,but it wouldnt hurt if the Texans take their path to 8-8

On Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 10:31 PM, MCurtis32 said:

Nope, and I am questioning if you are indeed a colts fan....

My prediction is we win out, go on a Giants type run in the post season. Slay the pats in the championship game in New England. No coaches or staffers get fired, we have a great draft, sign a couple great defensive FA's and repeat as champions of the world....... : )

4 hours ago, dw49 said:

Why  don't you stop bothering people that want to talk intelligently about the team. For God's sake you don't even appear to be capable of figuring out that if Luck is out for the year , as you imply, he would miss the last 5 games , not 4 as you state. 

in all fairness,talking football takes no intelligence at all lol I should know, I've watched and talked about it for 35 years. Women who know nothing are always winning the SB pools lol