Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How hard is it to understand this?

VaAllDay757

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Firsr TD on vontae no safety help and 2nd TD on vontae still no safety ya'll really think vontae is ok without the safety help against speedy receivers???? Again chuck failed with playcalling and tolzein?? I'm not even gonna start there 

What does Tolzein have to do with anything?Man had us moving the football. Blame his team mates.

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Firsr TD on vontae no safety help and 2nd TD on vontae still no safety ya'll really think vontae is ok without the safety help against speedy receivers???? Again chuck failed with playcalling and tolzein?? I'm not even gonna start there 

Theres this thing called a hurt ankle you some how erased out of your memory. I think cornerbacks need those.

7 minutes ago, FL Colts Fan said:

Tolzien was not the problem tonight.

Really? This fool was not comfortable in the pocket at all that's why he kept overthrowing certain passes he's just not good and who taught him on how to slide he kept going head first he almost ended up with a concussion I'm glad his time is done

3 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Really? This fool was not comfortable in the pocket at all that's why he kept overthrowing certain passes he's just not good and who taught him on how to slide he kept going head first he almost ended up with a concussion I'm glad his time is done

what pocket! this offensive line sucks.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah but you're pointing the finger at Davis. I didnt say anything about the coach. I do agree he should have had help

No I'm not my main blame is chuck and staff...after vontae got beat the first time I would've made the adjustments to make that doesn't happen again

4 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

dude you are way off. You'll probably be about the only one saying he wasn't comfortable Afte a certain point in the fourth quarter it was pretty clear we wouldn't pull it out. You can't leave everything on a backups shoulders like that. Guy delivered plenty of money balls. His team mates unfortunately did not help him plenty of evidence.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

dude you are way off. You'll probably be about the only one saying he wasn't comfortable Afte a certain point in the fourth quarter it was pretty clear we wouldn't pull it out. You can't leave everything on a backups shoulders like that. Guy delivered plenty of money balls. His team mates unfortunately did not help him plenty of evidence.

There were drops but he missed balls that should've been thrown right and not being able to get pass the 1 yard line for a TD is pitifully 

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I agree. If there was one thing Tolzien got ahead of himself, he thought he was faster than the linebackers like Luck, when he was not. That is why a third down run in quarter 1, and a couple of runs on the goal line twice all failed. His strength was his pocket presence, whatever pocket was there and delivering like a pocket passer which he did for the most part till the 4th qtr when it was too uphill a mountain to climb. I didn't expect perfection but did expect our WRs to not drop 2 potential TDs.

Why didn't they call sweeps for RBs or reverses or pick plays by the end zone? Our OL wasn't holding up, so misdirection was a better bet against an aggressive D.

1 minute ago, jchandler7 said:

Only thing I can agree on is the coaching. Yes,  Vontae should've had help but he was playing injured and it showed. The loss is NOT on Tolzein,  the guy hung in there well. I felt bad for him,  he was getting killed. He actually played tough. 

I agree

9 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

But the pocket didn't break down on every pass play there were moments where he had time and was just out of place

And there were also times where he stood there, and delivered a strike seconds before being demolished head on by a pass rusher.

Not saying he was great. He wasn't. But he's the backup quarterback. What do you expect?

11 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

He's just not a good quarterback and it showed tonight alot of plays were off of yards after the catch

Oh, never thought of it that way.  You're right.

Antonio Brown sucks as well.  I think he only got about 3 yards after catch, so it's all because of Big Ben that he's such a great receiver.  Yeah...

Who cares how he's doing it.  The fact is: He's doing it!  He got us to the goal line a couple of times and showed he could operate the offense.  He did very well.  Just admit it.

18 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

There were drops but he missed balls that should've been thrown right and not being able to get pass the 1 yard line for a TD is pitifully 

The pass on 4th and 1 in the redzone was thrown behind Chester Rodgers, yes, but the other one should have been caught by Dorsett.

Bottom line is Tolzien gave us a few chances, our WRs and D stuffed the life out of every one of those. I wonder if we really have special end zone packages to scheme guys open with reverses, picks etc., heck I'd have liked the RB sweep to Turbin that got a TD vs Denver with Moncrief and DA blocking after splitting them out towards Turbin's side.

3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Except on the 61% of the throws that he completed despite being under constant attack

...and despite the drops.

Its like this guy is pre-determined to rag on Tolzien when most of us saw a backup do well under his circumstances.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Its like this guy is pre-determined to rag on Tolzien when most of us saw a backup do well under his circumstances.

Some just expect that every player is going to be good or great and all have great skills to play there given position. Fact is there are plenty of bad players in the NFL for one reason or another...most of it revolves around lack of skill and not god given talent

Tolzien wasn't perfect by any means tonight but he played good enough to keep us hanging around to where we had a chance for 3 and a half quarters.

It wasn't pretty. It was not going to be pretty. Those expecting it to be pretty were delusional or don't know how team sports in general works

But we kept it respectable and did not fold. We just don't have enough skilled players on the team. Many of the players that do have skill are old and have lost a step

1 hour ago, jchandler7 said:

Only thing I can agree on is the coaching. Yes,  Vontae should've had help but he was playing injured and it showed. The loss is NOT on Tolzein,  the guy hung in there well. I felt bad for him,  he was getting killed. He actually played tough. 

After this game Tolzien will asked to be moved down on the depth chart haha 

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Bottom line is Tolzien gave us a few chances, our WRs and D stuffed the life out of every one of those. I wonder if we really have special end zone packages to scheme guys open with reverses, picks etc., heck I'd have liked the RB sweep to Turbin that got a TD vs Denver with Moncrief and DA blocking after splitting them out towards Turbin's side.

Somehow they seem to totally forget about Turbin on the goal line often.