Colts Vs. Steelers Thanksgiving Night Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Come on...he caught a pass for a 1st down...why is he excited???

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't celebrate when you're losing.  If you make a good play, go back to the huddle and keep making plays.  When you're in the lead, you can get excited and dance and whatnot

I would normally agree with unc on this (LOL at Deshean Jackson trash talking down by 2 TDs in the 4th earlier) but I'll take anything in this game that tells me that the Colts are motivated.

I think the pass to Hilton was the same play twice in a row after they'd missed the first one. Gore seems to be on tonight. I say run the * out of him. If he wins this game for the Colts that makes him a HoF lock lol!

I really just hope we don't get anyone seriously hurt going forward in this game, considering that we could lose a game maybe two the remainder of the schedule...... Now a missed field goal but over 50 yds, might not be a great day unless the defense plays like I haven't seen in the pagano era...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Really it get down to Watson isn't liked by the boss (Ballard).  If my boss didn't like me, I would be fired right away.  
    • Pittman is nowhere near Higgins honestly.   Look at 2021: Pittman 88 receptions, 1082 yards, 6 tds. Higgins 74 receptions, 1091 yards, 6 tds   They look similar right? Except for one major difference. Tee Higgins was doing this with Jamaar Chase, Tyler Boyd, and CJ Usomah on the team taking away all kinds of targets. He wasn't the de facto no1 receiver on his own team getting all the targets, Pittman was.    Lets look at the targets for both players: Higgins 110. Pittman 129. Not as much of a difference as I thought, but Pittman still had 19 more pass targets than Higgins. More receptions by 14 yes, but 9 less yards with 14 more catches and the same number of TDs.    Also just as a bonus, Higgins got 14.7 yards per catch, Pittman 12.3 yards per catch. So Higgins is more productive on a team where there were 3 respectable targets besides him, and on the Colts there was no one but Pittman.   It doesn't get any better for you in this debate for 2020. Higgins got 67 receptions for 907 yards and 6 tds without Chase his rookie year where Burrow was out half the year. Pittman got 40 receptions for 503 yards and 1 td his rookie year with Phillip Rivers.    He's closer to Tyler Boyd if anything, but Pittman is not as good as Tee Higgins. I play fantasy, both yearly and daily, and I know this for a fact (at least through two years). 
    • Week two.    I don't think any player wants to miss that game in Jax. They want it to be a blood bath
    • Considering what we've seen from the offense in pads in training camp, and reading what you said, this makes me think we are going to start slow once again (at least offensively). Not sure how Matt Ryan is supposed to build chemistry with these guys if they can't even play but probably about a half in 3 preseason games (if the starters don't play in Detroit). Reich can't be this dumb to see the offense struggling and then not play them in preseason.   Everyone on offense needs the reps but Taylor. Sigh... Now I see why we start slow every year. New QB, no chemistry, don't play them in preseason, and slow start to the year. Almost like it's intentional.    This makes me seriously think Houston may win week 1. Almost like a repeat of the Jags or Raiders games at the end of the year, except there's no covid excuse this time, it's just bad preparation by a stubborn old-school coach who apparently has a 100 foot leash, and has to do things his way (whether it affects the team positive or negative).   This time I don't give the players blame though like the Jags game, this is all on Reich where this is headed. Leopards can't change their spots and all that. Holds true here.
    • Tee Higgins nor Boyd is better than Pittman. Both are good but not better than Pittman. Higgins and boyd are better than our 2 and 3, I can agree with that. If Cincinnati's O.Line doesn't protect Burrow none of it will matter because Burrow will get injured again. I read your comment saying Herbert was within reach, how so? He went 6th and the Chargers needed a QB so they weren't trading that 6th. Realistically we had no chance to get him. Remember you wanted Jordan Love lol.
  • Members

• 07dleigh

07dleigh 160

• Myles

Myles 5,698

• C_Lew

C_Lew 109

• Nickster

Nickster 2,213

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 5,181

• Unitasrules