Colts Vs. Steelers Thanksgiving Night Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Playing the game in 'real; time' I would not have kicked field goals on either 4th and goal in the 2nd or 3rd quarter.

Its a pointy of criticism after the fact, sure...but, at the time, I would have gone for the TD

Agreed.  It's easy to say we should have gone for the FG after the fact, but in the moment, going for it was the right call both times

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Nope.  But the game plan on offense has been great.  Just poor execution.

I haven't liked the play calling in short yardage but the throwing deep was the right call.  I'd agree the bigger issues outside the one yard line on offense has been the Drops which has been an issue all year.

What I said doesn't mean I think it's Scott's fault. If you can't score from the GL against somebody with the whole playbook at your disposal then you can't score from the other end of the field with half of the playbook. The Steelers knew it was going to be all passes so before long they intercepted 1 of those passes. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

They have other pass catchers though.....look..we give up 28 points to everybody

Yes and make them beat you with them.  This is third game where he has single handled destroyed you.  That screams to the coaches refusing to adjust.  That goes back to Pagano seeing things the way he wants them to be rather than how they really are.  How many times after a loss has he said he wouldn't change a thing if give it to do over again?  You can say it's coach speak but when teams do the exact samething to beat you three years in a row it shows it's more than coach speak and is a real problem.