Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Steelers Thanksgiving Night Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Happy Thanksgiving Day, and Night Colts fans!  :)    A battle of 5-5 teams Our  Indianapolis Colts continue to stay in the hunt as a wild card for the NFL playoffs as they host the Pittsburgh Steelers.   Both the Colts and Steelers adjusted and prepared from their short practice week, to accomodate NBC Sports coverage of Thursday's Thanksgiving Night Football.

Both teams are coming from wins this past Sunday, the Colts winning 26-19 at home over the Tennessee Titans,   while the Steelers kept the Cleveland  winless at 0-11 by defeating Browns 24-9.Whoever wins (hopefully the Colts) positions into earning a wild card spot in the upcoming NFL Playoffs.  Colts will also try to defeat the Steelers since their last game Pittsburgh in 8 years, and at Indianapolis in 11 years, in tonight's 29th all-time regular and postseason meeting.

Colts backup QB Scott Tolzien will start in place of Andrew Luck at quarterback as Luck is still inactive on concussion protocol.  

Colts  will try to end a three game regular season losing streak over the Steelers, being outscored 119-64 in those games.  Colts last win over the Steelers was a 24-20 road win at Heinz Field back on November 9, 2008.

Pittsburgh  also dominates Indianapolis in the all-time season series, winning 22 games, losing 6 games, and the Steelers also outscored the Colts in the previous 28 games 724 points to 465 points.

Indianapolis seeks to win their first regular season home game, and their first at LOS (the building), since the Colts defeated the Steelers 26-7 at the RCA Dome 26-7 back on November 28, 2005.

Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Michele Tafoya, for NBC Sports Thursday Night Football coverage, simulcast nationally in the US, including locally on WTHR NBC Channel 13 in Indianapolis, and in your personal computers, laptops, and mobile devices on the NBC Sports website and app (see links below). beginning with the Football Night In America pregame highlight show at 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time.  

A 'Blue-Out'  is also expected from the fans attending at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building).

Lucas Oil Stadium's roof is closed to protect everyone from the cold elements, because  mostly cloudy skies at 41 degrees, feel like 38 degrees, is the game forecast outside the stadium area in Downtown Indianapolis.along with 10% precipitation, 81% humidity, and very mild western winds at 4 miles per hour.

NO injuries to both the Colts and the Steelers,  win on Thanksgiving Night tonight, stay Colts Strong, and  LET'S GO COLTS!!!!   :coltslogo:    :cheer:   :1colts:   :colts:   :coltshelmet:    :cheer:  :coltslogo:  :rock:

NFL On NBC Sports Online Links:

http://www.nbcsports.com/snf-all-access

http://www.nbcsports.com/live

Colts Vs. Steelers Live NFL Gamecenters, and The NFL's 'Salute To Service' Links:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular12

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016112402/2016/regular12/steelers@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/salute

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the LOS roof was open tonight to allow the elements to play a factor in the game.  That would give the Steelers' offense something else to have to contend with in hopes of slowing down their high flying attack.  Our secondary will need all the help they can get tonight minus Vontae and Geathers.  

10 hours ago, LucasOilStadium said:

Lucas Oil Stadium's roof is closed to protect everyone from the cold elements, because  mostly cloudy skies at 41 degrees, feel like 38 degrees, is the game forecast outside the stadium area in Downtown Indianapolis.along with 10% precipitation, 81% humidity, and very mild western winds at 4 miles per hour.

To the bolded...I say open up that dag gone ROOF!  Make it as hard on the Pittsburgh offense tonight as possible.  Our defense needs any advantage we can give them tonight to slow down that high powered Steelers aerial show.  We are already depleted in the secondary.  What..you guys want to make it nice and comfy for Pittsburgh?  Get out of here!  Sack up and open the friggin roof tonight!!!

The game is on live in UK starting at 1.30am, I have work in the morning, so I don't think I will be staying up to watch it this time.

Sport being what it is, you never know we might overcome all the odds and sneak a victory (lets hope so anyway)

C'mon the Colts.

It hadn't occurred to me that the Steelers had lost 4 straight before beating the Browns last week when  I said what I said about this game in the other thread. Also, if there is 1 other coach who has a similar bad good reputation like Pagano it's Tomlin. When his head is actually screwed on right there's still Haley. Maybe Tomlin will out outcoach Pagano and the Colts will win.