Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Concussion (Merge)

TKnight24

Anybody know what all it would take for Luck to play? 

If he didn't have a non-contact practice today, is he ineligible for Thursday?

Do the doctors clear him if he says he felt completely fine and passes the concussion test?

I personally don't like the concussion impact test myself. If any of you have ever taken it yourself for high school or college sports, it is hard to do without a concussion. 

What do you guys think are the odds that Andrew Luck plays? 

5% or 40%?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Do the doctors clear him if he says he felt completely fine and passes the concussion test?

I personally don't like the concussion impact test myself. If any of you have ever taken it yourself for high school or college sports, it is hard to do without a concussion. 

5% or 40%?

Has to pass the 5 steps in the protocol. You can miss practice and still play, but can't play unless you pass the 5 steps

Given how management kept making Luck's shoulder injury sound like it wasn't a big deal last year, should we assume the worst when even Pagano is acting like he isn't sure this time? Do we find out Luck had bleeding on his brain and his career is over?

Whole thing seems peculiar. He didn't even come out of the game on Sunday and now he is in concussion protocol and can't pass? Very strange.

9 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

5% or 40%?

our hopes for the playoffs rest on thursday night, make no mistake about it (and yes, it makes me happy that houston lost last night, but we have to get an edge up with so few games to play and they are 6-4 and they're remaining schedule looks a lot easier than it did at the beginning of the season)

13 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

Given how management kept making Luck's shoulder injury sound like it wasn't a big deal last year, should we assume the worst when even Pagano is acting like he isn't sure this time? Do we find out Luck had bleeding on his brain and his career is over?

Whole thing seems peculiar. He didn't even come out of the game on Sunday and now he is in concussion protocol and can't pass? Very strange.

It's not that serious. Sit him Thursday..... 10 days before we play again. Mini Bye Week

2 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

It's not that serious. Sit him Thursday..... 10 days before we play again. Mini Bye Week

It was tongue and cheek. Problem with sitting him at all is this team isn't going to win without him, especially against a high scoring outfit like Pitt. Safety first, but Tolzien isn't going to get it done and we need the W if we have any aspirations of going to the playoffs. I'm surprised Tolzien is still even in the league. Would rather have Morris out there as at least he has big play potential.

1 minute ago, Dudley Smith said:

It was tongue and cheek. Problem with sitting him at all is this team isn't going to win without him, especially against a high scoring outfit like Pitt. Safety first, but Tolzien isn't going to get it done and we need the W if we have any aspirations of going to the playoffs. I'm surprised Tolzien is still even in the league. Would rather have Morris out there as at least he has big play potential.

Colts will win. Won't see another Colts loss until Minnesota

I wouldn't expect the Colts to put up a dud this Thursday. I know they will all play hard to try and get the win for Andrew. Gotta get that W for their leader. If not..... we'll we should hopefully have a health Andrew next week with a few extra days rest.

I have a feeling that Tolzien may just surprise us. In a good way...  Lol. If Chud is smart, this is the game where you take your deep shots to Dorsett.  They'll be looking to take away Hilton and Moncrief. Scheme things where we get Dorsett one on one with no safety help and let it rip on early downs. I honestly think Morris might be more suited for that because he throws a beautiful deep ball. And who knows, maybe, just maybe it'll get Luck to do the same when he comes back and this offense will finally start clicking on all cylinders. 

55 minutes ago, Dudley Smith said:

I'm sure he didn't come out because no one made him come out.  Had he laid on the turf for a few seconds then maybe someone would have notice but he got up quickly.  Luck is a competitor and he's not going to take himself out of the game even if he thought that he may have suffered a concussion.  .  

1 hour ago, Dudley Smith said:

Nah. Obviously a win would be huge for the Colts playoff hopes, but a loss doesn't automatically mean we're missing. This is probably the one game they can afford to lose. If they beat the Jets next week, and Houston looses one of two against SD or GB, that'll put the Colts at 6-6 and HOU at 7-5 for the week 14 showdown. 

Still plenty of time. Obviously don't want them to lose a game, but if there's a game they can afford to lose, it's this one.

5 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

Nah. Obviously a win would be huge for the Colts playoff hopes, but a loss doesn't automatically mean we're missing. This is probably the one game they can afford to lose. If they beat the Jets next week, and Houston looses one of two against SD or GB, that'll put the Colts at 6-6 and HOU at 7-5 for the week 14 showdown. 

Still plenty of time. Obviously don't want them to lose a game, but if there's a game they can afford to lose, it's this one.

Ya but I'm tired of seeing this team look like crap against the good teams can we fix this team and do it right this offseason please and thank you.

The Steelers will probably win the Super Bowl this year. This is what I'm hearing. Sad to see just how far the league will go to ensure that the Steelers stay competitive. Concussion protocol when there was no evidence of a concussion after the last game? Sounds pretty fishy.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Lots of Gloom and Doom here.  They said we couldn't win without Luck last year and surprise we did.  The season is not over. They are a 500 football team too.  They have issues just like us. They are beatable and I like our chances a lot. 

We didn't play anyone good last year with out luck besides Pitt and they will prolly do the same as last year

since colts are already stating that they are starting Tolzien, i think it's safe to say he's going to get killed by pitt's defense... this is where we could have used hasslebeck, but i am hoping for the best and expecting the worst based on how Andrew gets beat up game in and game out. can someone give us a glimmer of hope, I mean after-all pitt is 5-5 like us so maybe something will give.  I'll be watching the game with one eye partly covered and the other eye on the chat screen hoping for a miracle.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

since colts are already stating that they are starting Tolzien, i think it's safe to say he's going to get killed by pitt's defense... this is where we could have used hasslebeck, but i am hoping for the best and expecting the worst based on how Andrew gets beat up game in and game out. can someone give us a glimmer of hope, I mean after-all pitt is 5-5 like us so maybe something will give.  I'll be watching the game with one eye partly covered and the other eye on the chat screen hoping for a miracle.

Pittsburgh's defense stinks. They were last in sacks until last week and the secondary is below average. This is not a vintage Steelers team. They rely on offense now. 

3 hours ago, Peyton1816 said:

The Steelers will probably win the Super Bowl this year. This is what I'm hearing. Sad to see just how far the league will go to ensure that the Steelers stay competitive. Concussion protocol when there was no evidence of a concussion after the last game? Sounds pretty fishy.

Delayed concussion symptoms is not rare.  Here is the report on Luck / Geathers post gam-

"Andrew and Clayton Geathers, pretty much well after we were all done with media and the locker room and things like that, both guys didn't feel right," the Colts' head coach explained.

"Both guys went in the training room and saw our docs and both were evaluated for concussions. Both are in the protocol and it's up to the docs and trainers to monitor that situation. So that's where that's at."

1 hour ago, mahagga73 said:

Pittsburgh's defense stinks. They were last in sacks until last week and the secondary is below average. This is not a vintage Steelers team. They rely on offense now. 

thanks for that.....hopefully they won't wear those awful bumble-bee prison uniforms, we don't seem to play well against those uni's

5 hours ago, Peyton1816 said:

What? The Steelers aren't beating 

Denver 

Oakland 

New England 

Kansas City

So how are they gonna win a super bowl?

Yep. What is the point. At game time, I'm going to turn the TV round to face the wall, turn off the sound, put a towel (not yellow) over my head, whilst singing Dark Side of the Moon to myself, rocking back and forth thinking about just how hopeless we are, whilst writing to Jim Irsay imploring him to fire everyone, rip up the turf and ban all season ticket holders for life if they sold their match brief to a Steeler fan.

Because this game is on Thanksgiving Day, it is worth 3 points, yes?

Lordy, lordy, lordy......

Saints head coach says Mark Ingram will be practicing today after suffering a concussion Sunday. Still holding out hope for Luck and that we hear the same news today. Traveling to the game from Colorado and don't really want to see Tolzien play if anything I rather see Morris play if it comes to that. FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD NEWS TODAY ON LUCK!

21 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

Saints head coach says Mark Ingram will be practicing today after suffering a concussion Sunday. Still holding out hope for Luck and that we hear the same news today. Traveling to the game from Colorado and don't really want to see Tolzien play if anything I rather see Morris play if it comes to that. FINGERS CROSSED FOR GOOD NEWS TODAY ON LUCK!

His concussion was on Thursday because of the Thursday night game at Carolina, big difference of a few days.

Just now, dw49 said:

Tomorrow pretty much a done deal. Let's hope it's just 1 game.

I don't believe its a done deal until I hear it from the organization and that is pretty much plastered all over the sports sites. I keep checking and have not seen anything. If it was a done deal I think they would have said so by now. They are holding out hope for something.