Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whitner pick a team? Sounds like he will say soon

wabbwubb

Sharper is like super old 35 if im correct.... No thank you.

As long as he is able to play 18-19 games I think he will be fine. He will only get a 1 year deal anyway (going by our recent trends) and I feel we need to sign one more free agent to shore up our secondary. Sharper and Bethea at the safety position would give us threats for interceptions. Also, because he is a bit aged as a DB, that would be a good scenario to substitute Bullitt in to give him a breather. I am all in favor of keeping a good rotation and keeping fresh bodies in there to make plays.

As long as he is able to play 18-19 games I think he will be fine. He will only get a 1 year deal anyway (going by our recent trends) and I feel we need to sign one more free agent to shore up our secondary. Sharper and Bethea at the safety position would give us threats for interceptions. Also, because he is a bit aged as a DB, that would be a good scenario to substitute Bullitt in to give him a breather. I am all in favor of keeping a good rotation and keeping fresh bodies in there to make plays.

Sharper is a great player i just think the colts are better off bringing in a young guy like whitner where he wont need as many substitutions plus if he was to have a great season wont have to worry about him retiring or anything like that.

Sharper is a great player i just think the colts are better off bringing in a young guy like whitner where he wont need as many substitutions plus if he was to have a great season wont have to worry about him retiring or anything like that.

if we actually are signing him it would not be to help the team long term. but it would help us in being the SUPERBOWL CHAMPS THIS YEAR. :disco: and that will be freakin awesome

The article also says, "The highly emotional but talented safety was hoping to come into big money via free agency – money that Buffalo was certainly never going to give him." Then the article goes on to say, " If they decide that Whitner’s talent is worth the occasional Twitter nonsense, he’ll be back. If not, it could be a while before Whitner signs anywhere."

That doesn't leave us out of the picture, especially with a week and a half until the pre-season starts.

Personally I think the expierence and depth a guy like sharper would add to the rotation would be absolutely invaluable. With as young as our secondary is it would be like having a coach playing in the secondary. Plus this guy doesnt hold records in the nfl because hes a slouch! I would take sharper on any team if I was a gm he just brings so much that I truely think it out ways the downside of his age.