Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Whitner pick a team? Sounds like he will say soon

wabbwubb

Everybody cross fingers, hopefully its with the colts. The colts dont need a CB they need a good S and thats Whitner. Imagine a bigger type bob sanders in the backfield whose healthier.... yea thats him.

id love whitner to come but if you trust lacey...i hope not cause if you do this pie goes in your face :pie: lol

I asked Incarcerated Bob where Witner is going on Twitter and this is what I got: (Most of his stuff is annoying... Whining and calling out the big boys for ignoring him, or doubting him, ETC, but he DOES have good information, wherever it comes from.)

@vpettijohnjr @OrianOlimar Whitner's camp has been secretive - I have nothing on him

(I'm @vpettijohnjr)

I asked Incarcerated Bob where Witner is going on Twitter and this is what I got: (Most of his stuff is annoying... Whining and calling out the big boys for ignoring him, or doubting him, ETC, but he DOES have good information, wherever it comes from.)

@vpettijohnjr @OrianOlimar Whitner's camp has been secretive - I have nothing on him

(I'm @vpettijohnjr)

See what he says about Brian Waters.

Was there any that they were with Harris or Sims?

Straight from the horse's mouth.

1) I don't have a twitter account and I don't want one. I'll never look to Twitter for any kind of useful information but that's just me.

2) I was simply asking a question...that's all. I did not imply that the Colts were not actively pursuing him. I was simply wondering if there had been any official word that they were interested and in the running. No need to go on the defensive. ;)

I honestly don't like Twitter all that much, but it has REALLY been a great tool of use over this past week for me following free agency. I will most likely use it instead of PFT as my source of NFL news this season... It has much more breaking power... I follow all the big NFL reporters and they usually break a story there first before anywhere else, so it has it's advantages.

I dont think the Colts are pursuing him enough for him to come over

The guy has spent his career with the Bills.

Loosing.

He can come here and win, or go to Cincinnati or a place like that and continue to lose.

Lets hope the allure of competing in the playoffs wins out over a high salary offer.

1) I don't have a twitter account and I don't want one. I'll never look to Twitter for any kind of useful information but that's just me.

2) I was simply asking a question...that's all. I did not imply that the Colts were not actively pursuing him. I was simply wondering if there had been any official word that they were interested and in the running. No need to go on the defensive. ;)

My apologies if you took it offensively. It was a sincere question.

And you don't have to have twitter to view that, I don't think. It's his own post.

If he's that dumb he deserves the less than 6 win seasons that he has coming his way...

Did we show interest in him?

Well I just tried to find it on his twitter, but it seems to have disappeared he retweeted that the Cowboys, Bengals, Browns, and Colts were interested in him per ESPN. Can't seem to find it now... he may have deleted it, it was a couple days ago though.

And that bob guy last week was saying the Colts were showing him interest.

In a zone heavy system, as long as whitner, or any safety for that matter, isn't asked to man cover receivers, he can play "corner". In zone coverages, I always look at safeties and corners as being the same and I don't differentiate DBs unless it's man coverage. That's just me though. Having 3 safeties on the field all playing zone wouldn't hurt in my book, especially if one of them is named Whitner and he's playing in the box.

My apologies if you took it offensively. It was a sincere question.

And you don't have to have twitter to view that, I don't think. It's his own post.

No no I didn't take offense at all. Just the way you worded it sounded like you were getting defensive or argumentative. My apologies if that was not your intent. Unfortunately tone can often be misconstrued when communicating online in written word so you could just as easily mistaken the tone of my first post like I did with your reply. Certainly no hard feelings. :)

He just tweeted his heart is in buffalo... I don't know how to read into that.

It means he NEVER wanted to leave Buffalo. He is a very, very loyal member of the community and the fans love him. Buffalo wouldn't pay him and said, "Here, let me show you the door". He's upset about not being "fought for" by the Bills. Can't blame him.

id love whitner to come but if you trust lacey...i hope not cause if you do this pie goes in your face :pie: lol

The way i see it, a Corners blanket is a Saftey and Whitner is a really good one, lacey can get better i honestly like lacey the guy isnt horrible. Chris Rucker and Kevin thomas are man coverage CBs so they should help this team..... Whitner doesnt look like he knows what he wants though, he posted "His heart is in buffalo" this guy needs to make up his mind.

With the signing of Bullitt back and the release of Hayden.. Corner is a little bit of a bigger concern.. Tryon and Lacey are much more suited and excel more in nickel and dime situations.. The guy I think we should go get is Brent Grimes! Played exceptionally well last year for the Falcons.

With the signing of Bullitt back and the release of Hayden.. Corner is a little bit of a bigger concern.. Tryon and Lacey are much more suited and excel more in nickel and dime situations.. The guy I think we should go get is Brent Grimes! Played exceptionally well last year for the Falcons.

signing of bullit...REMINDER TO EVERYONE - hes coming off a season ending injury. that doesn't automatically make him a pencil in starter. who knows how his shoulder will hold up. we need a STARTER who will make plays like whitner. cb isn't as crucial as safety for us does the name Keiwan ratliff ring any bells...we brought him off the street and he won us the pittsburgh game a couple years back . safety is more of a concern to me.

Folks on the Free Agency Tracker on NFL.com are posting comments that Darren Sharper is supposedly going to sign with Colts. Looking for confirmation but i have not found any evidence. I don't know what to think if we actually were to sign him.

Folks on the Free Agency Tracker on NFL.com are posting comments that Darren Sharper is supposedly going to sign with Colts. Looking for confirmation but i have not found any evidence. I don't know what to think if we actually were to sign him.

Well thats...... Unexpected...

Can anyone confirm this!? I don't see anything anywhere.