Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Soooo What Are The Chances That Peyton

mightisright

Please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed adnauseum! I've been so depressed over the Manning situation that I've been avoiding the forum for a few weeks. I know that his current contract makes it almost rediculous to consider keeping him and paying his bonus in March, even if he's healthy. It just doesn't leave enough room in the cap to rebuild the team in all the other ways that are needed. As a logical person, I understand that.

But can Manning restructure his contract to give him a few more years without hurting the team's bottom line so much? It seems to me that it would be in his best interest! He clearly doesn't want to go anywhere, and I sure as **** think most of us fans don't want him to go anywhere! It's not like we're going to be real contenders for the next year or two even if we draft Luck and try to revamp our defense. So the emotional fan in me says why wouldn't he just take less money and come back for another two years? Other than Luck, who'd have a problem with that?

Just asking!