Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yea. everything else is going right for us so why would I not point out the only two disappointing things so we can fix them?

Allen's drop

Our two minute defense. 

I think that says more about your psyche than anything going in this game. Did someone smash your glass?! 

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yea. everything else is going right for us so why would I not point out the only two disappointing things so we can fix them?

Allen's drop

Our two minute defense. 

You forgot Vinatieri's miss....which would have made it a 3-score game

1. Allen being his usual crappy self

2. Chuck not going for it on 4th despite having moved the ball on the Titans at will. Probably wanted Vinny "to get his". 

3. Vinny missing from a distance you'd expect him to make it from. Titans get the ball in good field position.

Wrote that it would be a momentum killer, and sure enough that's what happened.

Watch us go 3 and out to start the 2nd half. Titans could make a (for them) glorious comeback.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I seriously begin to wonder what would make some posters happy.... best half of the year and still complaining. 

Eh, still a fantastic half but there's going to be complaining when there's a stupid mistake like that. No worries, just have to come out the same way in the second half

5 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I seriously begin to wonder what would make some posters happy.... best half of the year and still complaining. 

It is the nature of many fans. Great game by you guys. Keep it going. :)

Halftime in MN. 20-17 MN. We are ahead, thanks to a 101-yard Pick 6 by Xavier Rhodes. We get the ball to start second half. See you all later. 

Just now, BPindy said:

Eh, still a fantastic half but there's going to be complaining when there's a stupid mistake like that. No worries, just have to come out the same way in the second half

I get that, but when that's your only focus in a summary of the half it really does say something. 

That was the best we've played on both sides of the ball this year bar none up until that last 4 minutes. 

Now if we could just have a copy and paste 2nd half please... wait we're a 2nd half team right??

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

It is the nature of many fans. Great game by you guys. Keep it going. :)

Halftime in MN. 20-17 MN. Thanks to a 101-yard Pick 6 by Xavier Rhodes. We get the ball to start second half. See you all later. 

Just saw that on the halftime summary show, nice!

He still should have been a Colt though,.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• It's basically just monitoring one thread (general thread), then updating the big board and pick thread with every pick. So 32ish real time updates per night. Not hard, just tedious.
    • Let me know when you need me to assist. 
    • Thank you.  I will not play this year, but I can update the Big Board and the list of draftees. Is that all there is to it? Just alert me ahead of time. I work until 5 ET weekdays, except Wednesdays until 7, but I can make time if needed.
    • Well played. The graphic speaks for itself. I like how this pairs with the discussion about teams chasing unproven talent in the draft, particularly at QB. People talk about reaching, but that's exactly what we have seen in the QB market this last decade and as a Steelers guy, I've been one of the biggest detractors about not overpaying for the position, and I think we are all aware of how bad Pittsburgh is going to be next year. If they prove me wrong, hats off but the light at the end of the tunnel in this case is an inbound freight train. Spread that money around. That's a huge reason why Tom Brady has been so successful in his career, because he's always made good money but never tried to set the market so the team could put 21 other guys on the field.    That another reason I think it makes sense for them to resign their LBs and go after one (1) big name in FA. Whether that's DE/LT/CB or WR. I'd prefer to see that money go to a trench position because you can find value there in FA. Although I'm more apt to sign a LT as edge/DE guys tend to taper off after they get the bag, same as running backs. Clowney and Matthews are probably the best examples of this.   People are talking about Rhodes being an outlier at his age. It's true, but look at how easy the front made it for him. After pedestrian '18-'19 campaigns he put up a paltry 52% completion rate in '20. Pittsburgh had the same success in the 2000's (albeit in the 3-4) with a strong front 7, and some rando named Polamalu running wild on the back end. Their corner play was average at best but they could hit and tackle. That's why I am also personally high on Rock Ya-Sin. He's got that edge but needs a little polish. Granted he got benched but he can be fixed if he's utilized properly. He'd be a beast as a press corner, but that doesn't always translate in a zone scheme. I think Sherman could teach the young man a thing or two about how to play that position and yeah he's 33 but he's in the same situation as Rhodes and might not cost as much. It's at least worth testing the waters to see what kind of value you may get from signing him. Although, he hasn't always been the best locker room guy, he's mellowed out a little too.     Also, if Pittman can clean up his route running a little, which won't be too big of a stretch, you could have your boundary end sitting right in front of you. He can definitely beat guys 1v1 with his range.   @Lawrence Owen also discussed the possibility in his stream this past Tuesday about getting Mack to resign on a prove it deal. That would give the Colts potentially the most lethal backfield in the NFL and make everyone's life on the outside easier, especially if you consider how good Doyle is in the run game. That's another reason why I haven't said much about the TE position because he might not have the same skill set that Clark had back in the day, but his attitude and toughness remind me a lot of him. Then you've also got Pascal running around like the energizer bunny underneath without too much risk, with Hynes on the roster to keep the flat in the back of the opposing defense's collective head.   It's all about putting players in their wheelhouse. I honestly haven't seen a team since the 05-08 Steelers in a better position to raise eyebrows across the league using this same humble approach to the draft and FA. I really hope they get this offseason right because I see a Lombardi or two in the future for this young and very exciting football team.
    • Doubt we chase a big FA. Doubt we draft one early either. Maybe if we solve for DE in free agency I could see a 2nd rounder. Or if we turn out first rounder into two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and 3rd.    IMO, if TY leaves, it'll be because he's asking for too much, or we simply run out of money. Purely my opinion, but I think Houston, Autry, and Rhodes are all higher priority re-signs than TY from a productivity and value standpoint.
  • Members

• JoeThornburg

JoeThornburg 27

• wig

wig 150

• Fisticuffs111

Fisticuffs111 1,988

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 572

• NFLfan

NFLfan 8,291

Moderators