Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2006 AFCCG game winning TD

Tsarquise

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

I remember sitting next to my Dad at the Hoosier Dome during the game saying Brady had too much time, but then Jackson got that pick...

It was a pretty awesome moment for sure...

It's funny, I wasn't worried at all.  

The Pats needed a TD to win and up to that point Brady had never lead a game winning TD drive in the AFCCG or SB.

3 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

It's funny, I wasn't worried at all.  

The Pats needed a TD to win and up to that point Brady had never lead a game winning TD drive in the AFCCG or SB.

Ha, yeah, my dad who had been a High School coach back in the day always felt like one of Dungy & Manning's strongest suits were their time management, so he is of course appalled at the coaching of the team now...

But yeah, after that amazing comeback, Peyton & the Colts were not to be denied...

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I think you have been doing some day drinking.

Yeah,  I was thinking that this was similar to the Giants Pats SB. But if the Giants had scored a field goal then the Giants would have the lead, while if the Colts scored a field goal it would simply be  tied. Overtime is definitely preferable than having to make a quick TD drive. The touchdown just looked so easy; the hole was huge. Have not seen that from a Colts team in a while.

I don't drink BTW:)

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Easily one of the top 3 Indy Colts games of all time.  I can still remember about hitting my head on the ceiling fan as I jumped up as the interception was made. God Bless Marlon

I actually rank it the best game of all-time in Indianapolis Colts history anyway = 1984 to the present. Of Course closing the deal and winning the SB was more important beating Chicago but the Pats/Colts game was the real SB that season. We have had so many big wins like winning at KC in the 1995 Divisional Round led by Harbaugh, Andrew Luck's 28 point comeback against the Chiefs here in 2013 Playoffs, and our win at Denver in the Divisional Round led by Andrew but I think the 2006 AFC Championship Game is #1. That second Half defined Peyton's legacy as well.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually rank it the best game of all-time in Indianapolis Colts history anyway = 1984 to the present. Of Course closing the deal and winning the SB was more important beating Chicago but the Pats/Colts game was the real SB that season. We have had so many big wins like winning at KC in the 1995 Divisional Round led by Harbaugh, Andrew Luck's 28 point comeback against the Chiefs here in 2013 Playoffs, and our win at Denver in the Divisional Round led by Andrew but I think the 2006 AFC Championship Game is #1. That second Half defined Peyton's legacy as well.

Quoted for truth...

One important game I would add, & people can say what they want about Pagano's coaching acumen, but the 'feels' that, that Packers "Chuckstrong" comeback game produced are second to none...

Reggie was so dominant, he brought a year to my eye that day...

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

Quoted for truth...

One important game I would add, & people can say what they want about Pagano's coaching acumen, but the 'feels' that, that Packers "Chuckstrong" comeback game produced are second to none...

Reggie was so dominant, he brought a year to my eye that day...

Yeah I would definitely put that in my Top 10 Indianapolis Colts games of all-time. I generally put Playoff games above Regular Season games but that GB game set the tone for Luck's rookie season. That help propel us to end up going 11-5. Wayne had the game of his life and it was for Chuck! Because of game importance I would probably go:

#1 = The 2006 AFC Title Game - which is the main topic of this Thread. That win over the Patriots led by Peyton is legacy material!

#1b = Beating the Bears in the SB, 1 and 1b just go together IMO.

#3 = Winning at Baltimore in the 2006 Divisional Round has to be 3rd because it allowed us to go on and eventually win the SB. Baltimore was 13-3 that season led by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and were favored to beat us.

#4 = Beating the Jets here in the 2009 AFC Title Game. The win put us in the SB and gave us the AFC Title.

#5 = Winning at KC in the 1995 Divisional Round. That was Indy's first huge Playoff win in franchise history (regarding Indianapolis Colts seasons)! The Harbaugh magic!

#6 = Winning at Denver in the 2014 Divisional Round, Andrew Luck's most important Playoff win to date.

#7 = Beating KC in the 2013 Playoffs here. Mainly because we were down 28 points and a win looked improbable.

#8 = Beating the Patriots here in 2009 - the 4th and 2 game. We were down 34-14 in the 4th Qtr and pulled off a miracle comeback to win it 35-34. The win pretty much sealed up HFA putting us at 9-0.

#9 = The GB here in 2012. This is where I would put that game.

#10 = The Monday Night game at Tampa Bay in 2003 when we were down 35-14 in the 4th Qtr and we came back and won it in OT 38-35.

On 11/18/2016 at 11:35 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I would definitely put that in my Top 10 Indianapolis Colts games of all-time. I generally put Playoff games above Regular Season games but that GB game set the tone for Luck's rookie season. That help propel us to end up going 11-5. Wayne had the game of his life and it was for Chuck! Because of game importance I would probably go:

#1 = The 2006 AFC Title Game - which is the main topic of this Thread. That win over the Patriots led by Peyton is legacy material!

#1b = Beating the Bears in the SB, 1 and 1b just go together IMO.

#3 = Winning at Baltimore in the 2006 Divisional Round has to be 3rd because it allowed us to go on and eventually win the SB. Baltimore was 13-3 that season led by Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and were favored to beat us.

#4 = Beating the Jets here in the 2009 AFC Title Game. The win put us in the SB and gave us the AFC Title.

#5 = Winning at KC in the 1995 Divisional Round. That was Indy's first huge Playoff win in franchise history (regarding Indianapolis Colts seasons)! The Harbaugh magic!

#6 = Winning at Denver in the 2014 Divisional Round, Andrew Luck's most important Playoff win to date.

#7 = Beating KC in the 2013 Playoffs here. Mainly because we were down 28 points and a win looked improbable.

#8 = Beating the Patriots here in 2009 - the 4th and 2 game. We were down 34-14 in the 4th Qtr and pulled off a miracle comeback to win it 35-34. The win pretty much sealed up HFA putting us at 9-0.

#9 = The GB here in 2012. This is where I would put that game.

#10 = The Monday Night game at Tampa Bay in 2003 when we were down 35-14 in the 4th Qtr and we came back and won it in OT 38-35.

Man, beating the #1 seed Chiefs at Arrowhead in the '95 playoffs doesn't get enough respect.