Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Will Romo Be Next Year?

King Colt

On 11/17/2016 at 8:18 AM, King Colt said:

Will he stay in Dallas to compete for the job? If not, my .02 is Denver will go after him because he is a John Elway type of guy, clean cut, no dirty laundry and could move them to the SB in the first year. The Jets may bid on him but I don't believe Romo would choose the Jets to end out his career. Much of the decision will be made for him if the Cowboys do well in the playoffs and or go to the SB.

the rumor is he wants Denver and go out like Peyton, But he is so brittle if u spend money on him u cant spend on helping a horrendous OL so he will break if hit like current QB

only thing i can think of is maybe if elway thinks a 1 year rental will help out Lynch & needed by him

Imagine having Romo a few years, lynch gets mad after fillining in a few games & romo gets back in  and lynch then pulls an Brock Osw.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, QwizBoy said:

The Jets make sense. 

Actually Houston makes sense....but I'm sure they wouldn't tie up that money in Oz and Romo. He could stay in Texas..play on a contender and I think he fits Bill Obreins offense to a T. I know Brock isn't a total waste but honestly Tony and a healthy Watt could put that team over the top next year.

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Actually Houston makes sense....but I'm sure they wouldn't tie up that money in Oz and Romo. He could stay in Texas..play on a contender and I think he fits Bill Obreins offense to a T. I know Brock isn't a total waste but honestly Tony and a healthy Watt could put that team over the top next year.

Meh, it'd be too similar to the Denver win now thing. I know it eventually worked with Manning but our o-line is not trustworthy and Romo is obviously a walking injury waiting to happen. I don't think I would take that chance if I were Rick Smith. 

28 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Meh, it'd be too similar to the Denver win now thing. I know it eventually worked with Manning but our o-line is not trustworthy and Romo is obviously a walking injury waiting to happen. I don't think I would take that chance if I were Rick Smith. 

If I was Rick Smith I'd thank my lucky stars I'm in the AFC South and that I still have a job in 2017.

Obviously they are committed to Oz but tell me if this was last offseason and Tony was out there you wouldn't rather have Tony than Brock coming in to run this offense. Tony fits what you guys do honestly...if we were just looking at fit...Houston makes the most sense for a number of reasons..including it being closest to Tony's home during the offseason.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If I was Rick Smith I'd thank my lucky stars I'm in the AFC South and that I still have a job in 2017.

Obviously they are committed to Oz but tell me if this was last offseason and Tony was out there you wouldn't rather have Tony than Brock coming in to run this offense. Tony fits what you guys do honestly...if we were just looking at fit...Houston makes the most sense for a number of reasons..including it being closest to Tony's home during the offseason.

It makes sense, but his best years are behind him. He's older and he's been injured a lot. Especially with our luck with quarterbacks, I think it would end up being a disaster. 

• 4 weeks later...

If Jacksonville were to go after Tom Coughlin, there is a lot of talent assembled on that team. I would not be shocked if Coughlin wants a vet and goes after Romo and makes a sales pitch to him. 

The Jags have been competitive in several games, IMO. Bortles, since the games are closer, his garbage production has come down and is exposed for the terrible QB he is. There is plenty of defensive talent on that team and I feel that of all the teams, they could use a vet at QB if Romo is willing to go there.

Denver, if they did not draft Lynch and give Von Miller that contract, you could make a case but the Broncos cannot afford Romo. They are stuck in purgatory deciding whether to build around Siemian's skills or Lynch's skills.

My 2 "sense".

I could see Denver making a play for him and that being a decent fit.  They have defense, they have WR's, they need a true #1 RB and a piece or two for the OL.  Other than that, they are pretty good to great and he could potentially get them to another Superbowl.  The question is would Denver want him?  How confident are they in Simian?  How much do they want to spend on a QB?  Would Romo re-do his deal to save them money?  Is he even going to be healthy enough to take a gamble on?   These are questions the GM will have to answer.  Outside of that, personally, I think his best option is to stay put in Big D.  Why?  Injuries occur all the time.  He could have to step in on a moment's notice.  And in case you haven't been paying attention, Dallas is pretty good.  They have about as good of a chance as anybody to win the Superbowl this year, and I'm sure even though he would rather be starting that Romo will take a Superbowl ring anyway he can get it.  He isn't going to be able to play much longer anyway. 

I think other QB hungry teams will throw their hat in the ring such as San Fran, LA, NY Jets, etc.  But is Romo going to be enough to get ANY of those other teams over the hump?  Doubtful.  So he needs to ask himself what is more important, making $$$ with teams such as the Niners or winning a Superbowl?  I have seen some here mention the Vikings but they aren't giving up on Bridgewater yet.  He was pretty good before his injury and should be back next season.

So if he doesn't stay in Dallas, I think his next best move would be Denver IF they want him.  And if that happened he could very well get them back to the Superbowl.

9 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

My 2 "sense".

I could see Denver making a play for him and that being a decent fit.  They have defense, they have WR's, they need a true #1 RB and a piece or two for the OL.  Other than that, they are pretty good to great and he could potentially get them to another Superbowl.  The question is would Denver want him?  How confident are they in Simian?  How much do they want to spend on a QB?  Would Romo re-do his deal to save them money?  Is he even going to be healthy enough to take a gamble on?   These are questions the GM will have to answer.  Outside of that, personally, I think his best option is to stay put in Big D.  Why?  Injuries occur all the time.  He could have to step in on a moment's notice.  And in case you haven't been paying attention, Dallas is pretty good.  They have about as good of a chance as anybody to win the Superbowl this year, and I'm sure even though he would rather be starting that Romo will take a Superbowl ring anyway he can get it.  He isn't going to be able to play much longer anyway. 

I think other QB hungry teams will throw their hat in the ring such as San Fran, LA, NY Jets, etc.  But is Romo going to be enough to get ANY of those other teams over the hump?  Doubtful.  So he needs to ask himself what is more important, making $$$ with teams such as the Niners or winning a Superbowl?  I have seen some here mention the Vikings but they aren't giving up on Bridgewater yet.  He was pretty good before his injury and should be back next season.

So if he doesn't stay in Dallas, I think his next best move would be Denver IF they want him.  And if that happened he could very well get them back to the Superbowl.

Denver drafted lynch in the first round last year

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The point is,  they spent a first round pick in lynch.   Unless he is terrible,  I don't see them going after romo.    

True, but Lynch is cheap right now and he will still have at least 3 more years on his rookie deal.  You could bring Romo in for a year, let Lynch learn all he can from him, then groom Lynch to take over a la Rodgers in Green Bay.  That is of course assuming they even like Lynch and will keep him.  Not saying I'm right, or that it will happen, just an idea.

On 12/25/2016 at 1:51 AM, gacoop1 said:

Let's pick up Romo for a 5th round.  Trade Luck to the Browns for their whole draft picks.  Pick up blue chip players as in Edge, ILB, DE, Back up QB we can have an instant SB contender.  But first you need to get rid of Grigs/Pags.

So you want a 36 year-old, broken down QB, who MAY or MAY NOT be able to play as well as he used to be over a guy who is 10 years younger and likely just as good with more upside?  I don't understand that logic even IF you could con Cleveland into making that trade, which you won't.  You would likely get AT MOST 3 years to contend then be right back in rebuilding mode, and there's no guarantee you are going to take down NE.  I think if you were going that route it should be total rebuild mode WITHOUT Romo.

On 11/18/2016 at 2:21 AM, southwest1 said:

Yep, NY makes sense to me the longer I mull it over. He could definitely beat out Ryan Fitzpatrick for the starting job & he'd have a premier center in Nick Mangold to slide the protection in just the right spot for Tony's success. 

I may hate Dallas as a franchise & I truly do, but I have no qualms with Romo personally. He's talented & a good dude & I would never ship him off to San Fran or Chicago. I'm not that cruel. haha John Fox will turn da Bears around, but not soon enough to benefit Tony nearing the twilight of his career. 

If Romo could stay healthy with the Bears, they could be a pretty respectable team unlike San Fran or Cleveland.  Their defense is getting better, they have a solid receiving core and Jordan Howard is going to be a top 5 running back in this league for years. 

On 11/22/2016 at 2:44 PM, bayone said:

the rumor is he wants Denver and go out like Peyton, But he is so brittle if u spend money on him u cant spend on helping a horrendous OL so he will break if hit like current QB

only thing i can think of is maybe if elway thinks a 1 year rental will help out Lynch & needed by him

Imagine having Romo a few years, lynch gets mad after fillining in a few games & romo gets back in  and lynch then pulls an Brock Osw.

They do have control over Lynch for another 4 years ....