Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey Colts fans

Arodgers12

You guys will beat the Titans next week after they are tired from walloping us. That is my prediction. I feel you guys could make a magical run to the playoffs and go deep in the playoffs. Where do you play Tennessee at? I cant believe how bad of a team we are. Were heading for 7-9 easy.

29 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:

Are the Titans that good like we seen yesterday?

its really strange because i didnt think so. sure the offense has potential to go off like that, but the packers came out gassed and lacking focus/energy, something us colts fans have witnessed from our team too. i think we can win against them, as long as we play the same or better as last game against them.

i also notice that the packers offense has been strange. aaron rodgers is scrambling on every snap, even when he doesnt need to. almost as if he is more concerned with avoiding the sack than making a play. idk, havent watched much of him this year but something ive picked up on.

You guys will. I have no faith in my team but way more faith in the Colts. Were only one game behind but even if we get to the playoffs were going to get blown out by 30 in the first playoff game. Indy has a much better chance to beat a lot of teams in their conference.

Thank you for the well wish's Arodgers12. Don't sweat the season so far w/the Packers, they'll right the ship. I believe they are just in a funk right now. Trust me, you're in good company in that regard. 

1 hour ago, Arodgers12 said:

You guys will beat the Titans next week after they are tired from walloping us. That is my prediction. I feel you guys could make a magical run to the playoffs and go deep in the playoffs. Where do you play Tennessee at? I cant believe how bad of a team we are. Were heading for 7-9 easy.

I always noticed over the years that Colts and Packers fans have gotten along pretty well. I have always had good luck with Packers fans in general. I always dreamed of a Colts/Packers Super Bowl but not sure that can happen anytime soon lol.

Thanks for the kind words btw.

However, still can't say the Packers are "done" either since well the Vikings are on a losing streak themselves and the Lions are kinda pesky though and behind the radar?

As for the Colts, I am not overly concerned about the Titans at home, just not yet anyway since it's only early in the week. We have had a lot of luck vs. TN. I think we take the Jags at home this year too after the blunders in London. Oh dear we better take the Jags the second time around LOL. Hosting the Texans will be the big one. 

29 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think we can beat the Titans. The Steelers game on Thanksgiving night is what worries me. Big Ben seems to have our number. 

I agree, however the Steelers in Indy have been closer in results then with us in Pittsburgh. We nearly even beat them in 2011 too at home.

It's playing IN Pittsburgh that has often been far worse.

Steelers defense isn't too good.......we will just need to outscore them and at home we might be able to.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I agree, however the Steelers in Indy have been closer in results then with us in Pittsburgh. We nearly even beat them in 2011 too at home.

It's playing IN Pittsburgh that has often been far worse.

Steelers defense isn't too good.......we will just need to outscore them and at home we might be able to.

We are absolutely horrible when we play in Pittsburgh. Think I saw a stat that we've only won there two or three times in 30 or 40 years or something like that. 

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I always noticed over the years that Colts and Packers fans have gotten along pretty well. I have always had good luck with Packers fans in general. I always dreamed of a Colts/Packers Super Bowl but not sure that can happen anytime soon lol.

Thanks for the kind words btw.

However, still can't say the Packers are "done" either since well the Vikings are on a losing streak themselves and the Lions are kinda pesky though and behind the radar?

As for the Colts, I am not overly concerned about the Titans at home, just not yet anyway since it's only early in the week. We have had a lot of luck vs. TN. I think we take the Jags at home this year too after the blunders in London. Oh dear we better take the Jags the second time around LOL. Hosting the Texans will be the big one. 

A Luck vs Rodgers super bowl definitely needs to happen one day.

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We are absolutely horrible when we play in Pittsburgh. Think I saw a stat that we've only won there two or three times in 30 or 40 years or something like that. 

Oh no doubt we might lose this game, but the early season hype on the Steelers isn't like it once was either. They seem beatable now.

But, so far this year we have seen some reverses with trends. We used to own the Chiefs, now they beat us. We used to always lose to the Chargers. Now we beat them. And we used to own Denver, now we lost to them.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Oh no doubt we might lose this game, but the early season hype on the Steelers isn't like it once was either. They seem beatable now.

But, so far this year we have seen some reverses with trends. We used to own the Chiefs, now they beat us. We used to always lose to the Chargers. Now we beat them. And we used to own Denver, now we beat them.

Very true.

Its also a Thursday game and Thursday games can be wacky sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

But, so far this year we have seen some reverses with trends. We used to own the Chiefs, now they beat us. We used to always lose to the Chargers. Now we beat them. And we used to own Denver, now we beat them.

Great way to look at it. As far as the Steelers go, I guess we're due and could potentially change playoff seedings with a Colts win. 

2 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:
  1. You guys don't mind if I hang around and talk football. Although I think Andrew Luck will win a super bowl soon. Rodgers I don't think will see another one.

Um no lol. Feel free. I once years back posted on a Packers forum myself. lmao 

BTW check out NFL general sometime too since that is where you can have more in depth non Colts convos.

52 minutes ago, Arodgers12 said:
  1. You guys don't mind if I hang around and talk football. Although I think Andrew Luck will win a super bowl soon. Rodgers I don't think will see another one.

IDK if he will or not but I certainly think he will have opportunity.  Packers are a great organization and no matter what happens this year they will get that ship righted.

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I had a typo before on the Broncos. Yeah we used to seem to have their number.

I sometimes feel like we are struggling this year with defensive heavy teams more? Not sure........time will tell.

We are struggling with pass protection in those games. Main thing. Seems like this year in the AFC all the strong defensive teams have mediocre offense. Teams like KC, Texans, Broncos. The offensive teams like the Raiders, Pittsburgh, Colts all have mediocre D. New England has good Defensive numbers but I don't even think they are that good defensively. We actually might have a shot if we can just get ourselves in the Tournament. It seems Pitt may not make the playoffs. If they don't I think we would have a good shot against just about any opponent other than maybe New England and I ain't all that afraid of what they bring to the table defensively.

We can take the Titans; it's the Pittsburgh game I'm concerned about. Antonio Brown will get the yards; he always does even when the Steelers play badly. It's keeping them out of the end zone that will be the test. If we can limit them to just field goals, it might work, but will be  a challenge limiting Bell. That guy can work as a wide receiver as well as running back.

Pittsburgh's defense isn't good, so Luck has a chance to get plenty of points. Heinz field is a difficult place to score field goals, but I have confidence in Vinatieri. However, if the Steelers wear their throwback uniforms, it's a bad sign.

Just now, teganslaw said:

We can take the Titans; it's the Pittsburgh game I'm concerned about. Antonio Brown will get the yards; he always does even when the Steelers play badly. It's keeping them out of the end zone that will be the test. If we can limit them to just field goals, it might work, but will be  a challenge limiting Bell. That guy can work as a wide receiver as well as running back.

Pittsburgh's defense isn't good, so Luck has a chance to get plenty of points. Heinz field is a difficult place to score field goals, but I have confidence in Vinatieri. However, if the Steelers wear their throwback uniforms, it's a bad sign.

Hopefully Vontae smothers Brown, We have to beat Tennessee first though or it's a moot point.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hopefully Vontae smothers Brown, We have to beat Tennessee first though or it's a moot point.

Vontae got killed by Brown last year.  I think with Pitt you kind of have to do it like the Cowboys did.  Do a very good job shutting out the Steelers other receivers.  Brown unfortunately is going to get his.  It just can't be the killer stuff.  On the flip side of the coin they have the option of handing the ball off to that Leveon Bell guy who is pretty good.  Lot to deal with on that offense.   Only thing I'll say is the last time we played the Steelers with Luck under center we put up 30 or so points on the Steelers defense and that was even with Luck turning the football over I believe twice.  I do believe we will put up points on their D, however we will need to do a good job of establishing drives that keep their Offense off the field.  We will probably do a better job against them than people are expecting to be honest but I'm just not sure it will be enough.  

18 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

We are playing the Steelers in Indy.