Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ezekiel Elliott is special

RockThatBlue

Agreed, I saw comments on here not too long ago saying how it was all about the O line in Dallas (referencing Murray's performance since leaving) and that "Zeke" was just taking advantage of being in the right team at the right time, but the more I see of him in terms of yards after contact, his speed and awareness for a rookie, he is a real talent.

Amazing to see how two rookies in critical positions have pushed that team into contention.  Shows how strong drafting can change the fortunes of a team.

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

elliot leads the league in yards after contact too

Where did the contact occur?

Define contact.  Getting slapped on the leg 3 yards past the LOS isn't the same as getting hit at the line of scrimmage,

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is special, love his speed but he also has the best O.Line in the league to run behind. I wonder how he would be here in Indy?

He wouldn't be running for touchdowns untouched, I can tell you that.  Be nice to have him here though.

Come on Aaron last year??? What about 2014? Last year the bug got the Cowboys. That happens. Everything the Cowboys has done good lately (as in the last few years) can be linked directly to the OL.

Does anybody remember Lincoln Coleman? He came in for several games with the Cowboys 1 year during the 90s and put up monster numbers behind that OL. I don't think Zeke is another 1 of those guys but yeah. Also what about this forum's obsession with Dak? Dak is good to but it can't be all 1 skill player carrying the Cowboys depending on which thread we're in.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Come on Aaron last year??? What about 2014? Last year the bug got the Cowboys. That happens. Everything the Cowboys has done good lately (as in the last few years) can be linked directly to the OL.

Does anybody remember Lincoln Coleman? He came in for several games with the Cowboys 1 year during the 90s and put up monster numbers behind that OL. I don't think Zeke is another 1 of those guys but yeah. Also what about this forum's obsession with Dak? Dak is good to but it can't be all 1 skill player carrying the Cowboys depending on which thread we're in.

Lincoln Coleman never put up monster numbers.     Nice memory of a random 90's cowboys back though.   I have to think maybe he had a big game against the packers is why you remember him

There's no doubt that Zeke is really special.....

But it sure doesn't hurt him that he has (A) the best O-line in football by far,  and (B) a talented dual-threat QB and (C)  Dez Bryant on the outside.

All of that makes focusing on Elliott far more difficult.

That said,  a back like Elliot is who the Colts had in mind when they made the Trent trade.     That was just a huge bomb that blew up in our faces.      And Zeke just keeps on running.....

I think he's pretty good.  I would have even been for the Colts taking him if not for needs elsewhere.  But the Colts will have to find their own cause he aint goin nowhere for a while.  I think he's really good but I don't think he's that once in a generation guy.  I think there are more Zeke's out there to be had.  Just IMHO though.

1 hour ago, AZColt11 said:

I think he's pretty good.  I would have even been for the Colts taking him if not for needs elsewhere.  But the Colts will have to find their own cause he aint goin nowhere for a while.  I think he's really good but I don't think he's that once in a generation guy.  I think there are more Zeke's out there to be had.  Just IMHO though.

Nah. he is not that good. He will be in the pro bowl and win the ROY, that's all.

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

face it, he is a really good player that was easily worth his draft position

The nicest thing I can say about Ezekiel Elliot is this: Considering that most backs transitioning from college to pros struggle to make an impact their 1st yr like Melvin Gordon now in San Diego did, #21 did hit the Lone Star State running with virtually no playbook, scheme, formation, or blitz pickup problems on passing downs.  

Elliot is a gifted athlete. Even I can't dismiss or deny that. 

On 11/14/2016 at 0:10 AM, RockThatBlue said:

Wow is he a total beast or what? 

Lol, I was thinking about starting a thread titled Ezekiel Elliott and just typing the word "WOW".

And yes he's a total beast and has made cowboys in my mind the favourite to go to super bowl.

This is what it's like to have a great franchise rb.

15 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

the point im making is that elliot was he right choice on draft day.  despite having a great line, the cowboys did not dominate the running game with sub par backs

murray was great in dallas too, but they had to let him go.  he has also done well with the titans, his success was not just all about the line in dallas.  he is the second leading rusher now

btw he "only" had 97 rushing yards becasue that is all they needed from him, take a look at his yards per carry. they put morris in for garbage time

2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Let's not forget Dak. He is having the best QB rookie season ever.

Would so love to see Dak get a ring this year. Dallas is due. Everyone hates them, but they are pretty much the NFL equivalent of the Los Angeles Lakers. It's in their history to eventually win a championship every now and then. 

On 11/14/2016 at 11:56 AM, chad72 said:

A co-worker of mine took Zeke with the #1 pick of my workplace FF draft. I took Todd Gurley with the #6 pick. It raised some eyebrows then, not anymore :) after all that the both have done going in opposite directions. 

I have Zeke on my team too. Hes a point machine.

On 11/14/2016 at 6:29 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is special, love his speed but he also has the best O.Line in the league to run behind. I wonder how he would be here in Indy?

I think Zeke would look good behind any o line. Kind of like how AP does. It sure don't hurt him though.

He is very good but with a great OL, QB and receivers for that QB.  The balance the Cowboys offense has is as good as it gets. The Cowboys could have drafted Manziel, just goes to show you can build a winner hen you know how.

Dallas a few years ago had the worst line in the league. That line grew together.

Sent from my SM-G935P *

On 11/20/2016 at 3:56 PM, Synthetic said:

Would so love to see Dak get a ring this year. Dallas is due. Everyone hates them, but they are pretty much the NFL equivalent of the Los Angeles Lakers. It's in their history to eventually win a championship every now and then. 

I can't stand them.  That's why it hurts like heck cause I am a Miss State alum and Dak is a family fav.  

I should hate the Cowboys because they cost Favre atleast 1 ring, 3 according to most, and 4 according to some. I also hate the Miami Hurricane and the Florida Gators because I'm a Seminole fan. A Miss State alum should be able to connect the dots there lol!

But they deserve it. I'm a mark for teams who win in the trenches, they were robbed in 2014 and Jerry Jones is getting some kind of Dick Leabeau type thing going on out of nowhere. He wants nothing but to win and he'll want that when he's 110. That's good stuff.