Patriots and Seahawks SNF game thread

Jules

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jules said:

I still am not sold on this Trevor dude sadly.

I love the Broncos/Chiefs defenses though but my hunch is saying RAIDERS RAIDERS RAIDERS. There is just something about the Raiders that make me think they could be a huge shocker this year.

I'm not either, if Denver still had Peyton I would've picked them again but they don't. KC could shock some folks?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm not either, if Denver still had Peyton I would've picked them again but they don't. KC could shock some folks?

KC is my offseason pick as you know. I think they could slow it down a lot vs. NE and they do well vs. pass happy teams.

I just have a Raiders fetish right now though.:heart:

I am just not into Trevor........he is kind of "that guy" who seems "just there" to replace Manning but doesn't have enough yet for you to get excited over and he has not made me jump up and down yet.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

KC is my offseason pick as you know. I think they could slow it down a lot vs. NE and they do well vs. pass happy teams.

I am just not into Trevor........he is kind of "that guy" who seems "just there" to replace Manning but doesn't have enough yet for you to get excited over and he has not made me jump up and down yet.

Yeah they wont Repeat IMO so I agree. I am not big on Alex Smith but he is Above Average and the Chiefs have a solid all-around team so I stay with them

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Trevor is a a decent player...decent arm..decent mobility..

..but Denver had such faith in Peyton...even Kubiak did

They believed they'd win even when Peyton couldn't throw the ball hard 20 yards

There;s no way they can develop that in 6 weeks..

.....He's got to be Alex Smith..be safe...be sure..and let the defense win games

....as long as they play at home...they can win that way

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they wont Repeat IMO so I agree. I am not big on Alex Smith but he is Above Average and the Chiefs have a solid all-around team so I stay with them

Lakers lost btw but I am OK with it. Growing pains.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Trevor is a a decent player...decent arm..decent mobility..

..but Denver had such faith in Peyton...even Kubiak did

They believed they'd win even when Peyton couldn't throw the ball hard 20 yards

There;s no way they can develop that in 6 weeks..

.....Trevor has just got to be Alex Smith..be safe...be sure..and let the defense win games

....as long as they play at home...they can win that way

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

Seattle is my pick to win the super bowl 

They are not the defensive juggernaut they were in 2013, their weakness against the run is what the Cowboys can exploit. It will be a back and forth NFCCG vs the Seahawks but the fact that is most likely to be played in Dallas means that you have to give the edge to the Cowboys.

On the AFC side, most people think the Patriots are a shoo in but I am not so sure.

22 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Did anybody see Brady's reaction after that 1 play where he tripped...it was just like that infamous play from the 2008 Ravens playoff game lol!

You mean the 2012 season playoff game vs the Flacco led Ravens???

He missed the 2008 season, and that is how I know right away it is not 2008. :)

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

They are not the defensive juggernaut they were in 2013, their weakness against the run is what the Cowboys can exploit. It will be a back and forth NFCCG vs the Seahawks but the fact that is most likely to be played in Dallas means that you have to give the edge to the Cowboys.

On the AFC side, most people think the Patriots are a shoo in but I am not so sure.

Lol i have the Cowboys getting dominated by whatever hot Wild Card team they face. They're not going anywhere but one and done, baby. 

1 hour ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Lol i have the Cowboys getting dominated by whatever hot Wild Card team they face. They're not going anywhere but one and done, baby. 

The last time Romo and the Cowboys were a #1 seed, the Giants and Eli took them down as a wild card in the divisional round.

5 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

It's possible. Cowboys are due to be in the Super Bowl again but I have often learned not to get my hopes up either on them.

What worries me about them too is defensively I think they can be had so in the playoffs you will be forcing a ton of pressure on a rookie QB to put up a crap load of points again. That offense looks amazing but we have also seen before that offenses can easily meltdown in the postseason vs. an underdog. Oh boy we have seen this........;) 

Sadly right now I think you have to still favor Seattle in the NFC. They are that stupid team too who seems to "wake up" in recent years in late November and December and go on these little hot streaks. And weird stuff ALWAYS happens to opponents in Seattle.......

On November 13, 2016 at 9:21 PM, buffalo34 said:

Did I ever tell you how much I hate Anyway You Want It by Journey? That SW Airlines commercial? Such an overused, overplayed, clichĂŠ song (you hear it in every other car commercials).

It's one of those songs where I change the radio station as soon as I hear the first word of it, lol.

While I will admit that commercial is cheesy, I've always liked that Journey song since I associate it with comedian Rodney Dangerfield & the movie 'Caddy Shack.' 

On November 13, 2016 at 9:43 PM, oldunclemark said:

somebody should tell Cris Collinsworth that the Patriots are losing so he can stop sucking up

Cris Collinsworth does have a tendency to always praise everything NE does to a fault. He always raves about how BB defers punts & how getting the ball after half time for his offense makes him an NFL genius of some sort. Ah no, it's just a personal preference thing. It doesn't make him an NFL prophet cris. Just sayin'.

On November 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM, 19colt said:

That was awesome from Chancellor. Gronk gets away with plenty and did not deserve that call. 

Yep, I was pleased that the refs kept laundry off the field for that 1 too. A good no call. 

6 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Amen to that Gabriel my brother!

While I do like Dak Prescott, I must confess that I wanna see RB Ezekiel Elliott totally neutralized on the ground in the playoffs. His feed me gesture annoys the hades out of me. This rookie needs to learn that he's not a ProBowl player yet & a far cry from a SB Champion either. 

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

The last time Romo and the Cowboys were a #1 seed, the Giants and Eli took them down as a wild card in the divisional round.

I wonder if Vegas is betting on how many downs Tony will make it before he slides & screws up his back again? Yes, I know. It's kind of morbid I will admit, but nevertheless, still a legitimate sports likelihood or probability to wage money on anyway right? LOL! 

It's also going to be fascinating to see the Cowboys unravel once Jerry Jones makes a QB change since he can't help himself. It's only a matter of time. We all know this. Don't let me down Jerry. 

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I wonder if Vegas is betting on how many downs Tony will make it before he slides & screws up his back again? Yes, I know. It's kind of morbid I will admit, but nevertheless, still a legitimate sports likelihood or probability to wage money on anyway right? LOL! 

It's also going to be fascinating to see the Cowboys unravel once Jerry Jones makes a QB change since he can't help himself. It's only a matter of time. We all know this. Don't let me down Jerry. 

I don't see it this year. They will at least make the NFC Title Game IMO. Their Defense is suspect but they have a good enough run game to keep that Defense rested. I am not sure if Romo even plays again? This isn't a Brock/Peyton scenario, Dak is playing much better than Brock did and Romo isn't Peyton regarding having legendary status.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure if Romo even plays again? This isn't a Brock/Peyton scenario, Dak is playing much better than Brock did and Romo isn't Peyton regarding having legendary status.

You're looking at this situation too logically & rationally my friend. Jerry loves Romo like an adopted son & he's going to force Tony back in the mix or starting lineup regardless of how well Dak is doing. Notice how the owner has not declared that Prescott is the starter for the remainder of the yr. yet? Hmmm...

It's a matter of affection vs critical thinking Jerry has for Tony more than anything else CBE. What the owner wants almost always materializes eventually. Besides, Romo is splitting 1st team reps now & scheduled to dress in full uniform gear this weekend too. 

I agree with you 100% Dak needs to remain the starter for the rest of the season, but he won't. Jerry will screw team chemistry up the minute Dak loses another game. Book it & set your watch to it. JMO. 

59 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Amen to that Gabriel my brother!

While I do like Dak Prescott, I must confess that I wanna see RB Ezekiel Elliott totally neutralized on the ground in the playoffs. His feed me gesture annoys the hades out of me. This rookie needs to learn that he's not a ProBowl player yet & a far cry from a SB Champion either. 

I beg to differ, he is a pro bowl player if he don't get injured.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I beg to differ, he is a pro bowl player if he don't get injured.

Taken from my post above: 

"This rookie needs to learn that he's not a ProBowl player yet & a far cry from a SB Champion either."

The operative word in red being yet CC1. That's why I deplore & detest Dallas the most--They walk around with this sense of entitlement like they have achieved greatness themselves when they have accomplished nothing of the sort yet. Ezekiel Elliott has done nothing worthy of longterm significance as of yet & considering that the team he plays for hasn't won a SB since 1995 in the 20th Century...Mr. Elliott has a long road ahead of him before he earns my respect & the respect of other veterans across the league outside of Texas right now. 

This game humbles many players & Ezekiel is no exception to that learning curve rule. 

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Taken from my post above: 

"This rookie needs to learn that he's not a ProBowl player yet & a far cry from a SB Champion either."

The operative word in red being yet CC1. That's why I deplore & detest Dallas the most--They walk around with this sense of entitlement like they have achieved greatness themselves when they have accomplished nothing of the sort yet. Ezekiel Elliott has done nothing worthy of longterm significance as of yet & considering that the team he plays for hasn't won a SB since 1995 in the 20th Century...Mr. Elliott has a long road ahead of him before he earns my respect & the respect of other veterans across the league outside of Texas right now. 

This game humbles many players & Ezekiel is no exception to that learning curve rule. 

I think the hatred you have for the Cowboys is keeping you from seeing how good Elliott is. The feed me the ball mentality is exactly what you want your skilled players to have.

I just wish the Colts had a RB with his talent at his age. It also wouldn't make me mad if he said give me the ball.

I have no logical argument from an Xs and Os standpoint, from a historical (as in recent...this season) standpoint or just anything to say the Cowboys aren't the best. Same goes for the Seahawks being second. 

It's simply to easy to choose between the 2 best teams though. We do that every year and come up wrong except for maybe 2013.

On November 15, 2016 at 1:39 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I think the hatred you have for the Cowboys is keeping you from seeing how good Elliott is. The feed me the ball mentality is exactly what you want your skilled players to have.

I just wish the Colts had a RB with his talent at his age. It also wouldn't make me mad if he said give me the ball.

I have never shied away from the fact that I have disdain & contempt for the Dallas Cowboys from the day I became a member of the Colts Forum. I typically disclose my biases publicly upfront & I make no apologies for that. Ironic that I can praise a rookie in Dak Prescott on the same team though isn't it? So, it's a little difficult to make the case that my dislike for the Cowboys is preventing me from analyzing or acknowledging talent when I see it even when I deplore this franchise in particular. 

When you look at other NFL HOF backs like Eric Dickerson, Marshal Faulk, Jerome Bettis, & Barry Sanders for instance did they do the feed me gesture as rookies? No, Elliot is an arrogant person who thinks he's arrived & he hasn't. He needs a large slice of humble pie to cool his jets. Let's see him go against the Legion of Boom in Seattle or Orange Crush in Denver 1st & then we can talk...