Why Can't We Play Like This Every Week?

UKColt13

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

agreed.....there's got to be somebody we can blow out

Seems like every game leaves you needing a stress test afterwards. I feel if we play a clean 60 minute game with the same urgency similar to today we should blow Tennesse out. Lets just handle our business for once. I want a decisive win.

Beating Peyton, Rodgers just shows me that Pagano can scheme well against pass happy QBs without much of a run game.

Teams that stay balanced give the Colts issues. Packers didn't have the TEs and balanced run game to threaten us when we did play up to potential.

That was one heck of a game called by Chud, some Arians like gutsy play calls at the end.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Beating Peyton, Rodgers just shows me that Pagano can scheme well against pass happy QBs without much of a run game.

Teams that stay balanced give the Colts issues. Packers didn't have the TEs and balanced run game to threaten us when we did play up to potential.

That was one heck of a game called by Chud, some Arians like gutsy play calls at the end.

Lets just say it: A poorly coached team does not win today.

..and our team plays hard for THESE coaches

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

I hate that Green Bay scored 26 because we played a much better game defensively than that score indicates.

If the offense hadn't sputtered in the 3rd quarter leaving the Colt defense on the field almost the entire quarter, maybe they could have held them to 13. Colt defense had to be exhausted in the 4th.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

What I liked today was guys caught the football. There weren't a ton of drops

The bye is big..all 3 of our WRs are a little busted up and Andrew can enjoy a week where he wont be knocked down a dozen times....and maybe we'll get some of our linemen back

...we could be re-juiced to win the next 2 games at home

Some of you are way too hyped. It's one game(and granted the NFL is a one game at a time league)and people think we have a real chance of some of the most elite teams in the league. The Pats, Cowboys, Falcons, and few others will still run circles around us. Not saying we're not capable of beating said teams, but expectations vs reality sets in. I'm glad we won, and I mean that, but I also feel this is still a team that can't get it together for the playoffs. I think we'd be lucky to make it out of the wildcard round.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Luck had an outstanding game...1st quarter interceptions don't equal 4th quarter 3rd down conversion.

Luck was very, very good today

After the first two interceptions, yes. you generally dont win games where you lose the turnover battle, much less lead the whole game.

2 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

Some of you are way too hyped. It's one game(and granted the NFL is a one game at a time league)and people think we have a real chance of some of the most elite teams in the league. The Pats, Cowboys, Falcons, and few others will still run circles around us. Not saying we're not capable of beating said teams, but expectations vs reality sets in. I'm glad we won, and I mean that, but I also feel this is still a team that can't get it together for the playoffs. I think we'd be lucky to make it out of the wildcard round.

Ice..This was the ONE game on the schedule I thought we had almost no chance to win.

Yeah, I'm excited about it..

We can finish first now..

..and anybody who makes the playoffs in the NFL..can get to the Super Bowl

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

If the end result is still keeping those two? then no 

Long term? Like you I think this sucks because these two aren't taking us anywhere.

For today? I think this is great for our players especially the younger ones I'm happy for them but I'm not fooled into thinking this team is any good.

It says more about how bad the Packers are more than anything.

2 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

After the first two interceptions, yes. you generally dont win games where you lose the turnover battle, much less lead the whole game.

OPC......mistakes in the first quarter matter..but Luck was very, very good in the final 3 quarters and that's where we see games decided...

....Those final 2 3rd down conversions.....were big plays he HAD TO make..or Rodgers rallies them to win

1 minute ago, IcyRhythms said:

Get to the Superbowl is one thing. Make no mistake, anyone doing well in the AFC will go through the Pats at home in January. Probably in a lot of snow on top of it.

Ice...wasnt NE 10-0 last year...and there was talk of them going 16-0..

If NE loses to Seattle next week..aren't they tied with te winner of tonights Oakland-Denver game?

I'm not buying the invincibility of NE again this year

24 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Lol, wasn't people on here suggesting at the start of the week Rodgers was like going to get 400 yards and 4 TD's.

Thought the backfield was excellent and some of the new linebackers like Edwards, Jackson and Ayers played well. 

Our best player on D for me was David Parry.

David Parry had a heck of a game. 

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Lets just say it: A poorly coached team does not win today.

..and our team plays hard for THESE coaches

Credit to the coaches the last play call on the deep throw was risky but man it paid off.  Of course had TY not caught it everyone would have blasted them for calling it.  Goes to show you you are your players excition away from being a good or bad coach.

4 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

Sorry dude, but you dont know what you are talking about. literally everyone here has been down on the colts all year. plenty want us to tank, and for even the people excited just to win, we get negative colts fans shrugging it off and reminding us why this team wont do anything in the playoffs. if you want to troll us, you gotta actually understand more about the subject matter than you do. so for however much you think you are "being realistic," youre not even close to being innovative with your opinions as far as the rest of us are concerned. that stuff may work on facebook, it wont even make anyone here flinch.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

OPC......mistakes in the first quarter matter..but Luck was very, very good in the final 3 quarters and that's where we see games decided...

....Those final 2 3rd down conversions.....were big plays he HAD TO make..or Rodgers rallies them to win

Oh i agree with every word. he just took a littld while to get going. its professionals against professionals...you arent going to be perfect all the time.

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Sorry dude, but you dont know what you are talking about. literally everyone here has been down on the colts all year. plenty want us to tank, and for even the people excited just to win, we get negative colts fans shrugging it off and reminding us why this team wont do anything in the playoffs. if you want to troll us, you gotta actually understand more about the subject matter than you do. so for however much you think you are "being realistic," youre not even close to being innovative with your opinions as far as the rest of us are concerned. that stuff may work on facebook, it wont even make anyone here flinch.

Not trolling anyone. It's just how I feel. This is bad team playing another bad team. The Packers haven't been the Packers everyone knows and loves this year, that's for sure. Don't throw that trolling nonsense my way. Disagree with my opinion, but don't accuse me of trolling simply because you don't like what I'm saying. Relax

5 minutes ago, Solon said:

Against Houston in 2012. I forgot ole boy's name.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we did in 2012. 

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

They put up a date on the game, i caught it last moment. 12/30/12, forget player and opponent though.

It was Deji Kerim,