Remaining schedule:

-Ravens

-Steelers

-Giants

-Bengals

-Bills

-Chargers

-Steelers

The Ravens next week are probably their last, best hope to win a game this season. MAYBE the Bills will have one of their infamous 4th quarter choke jobs, but beyond that?

No freebies at the end, either. The Chargers and Steelers,  who are already superior teams, will be fighting for playoff spots. Then again even if they rested their starters they'd still probably beat the Browns.  That baseball analyst John DePodesta sure worked out great.

2 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I imagine Hue Jackson will get fired if they go 0-16. I mean, how do you NOT fire a coach who goes 0-16? What kind of message would that be sending to the organization and fan-base?

I don't think so.  Everyone knew coming into the season that Cleveland was an absolute mess.  I understand 0-16 is bad, but they've at least been competitive.  If they were getting blown out each game, then sure.  But they've been competitive without a stable QB.  Get the first overall pick, let Hue take Watson under his wing and groom him.  Firing him this year would be a big mistake.  The best alternative I could see for them would be McDaniels.

But the most important thing to remember in all of this....pray for Jamie Collins

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

I love the title of this thread but honestly, I have sympathy for the Browns fans. As a life long Cubs fan losing is one thing but going in to a season knowing your team is going to lose again like the season(s) is another.

Glad the Cubs got it done finally. I am still on such a high from Baseball season! As for the Browns they may go 0-16?

2 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Amazing how many low round picks they've had over the past few seasons but still so bad.

If they could just draft a decent QB, but they seem cursed in that regard! A decent or better QB can bring stability to an organization, which means preserving the coaching staff which can carry over into the rest of the team not having to learn new playbooks every 1-2 seasons.

If their drafting is so bad, I think they should consider trading for someone else's veteran QB who's on the cusp of retirement age. I'd call up Belichick and ask how many 1st-2nd rounders they want for Brady. It could revitalize the Browns and we know the Pats are not averse to letting go of veterans for draft picks, especially since Garoppolo seems like a solid starter already. Philip Rivers or Drew Brees could be other possibilities, especially since neither team are Superbowl material anyways.

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

If they could just draft a decent QB, but they seem cursed in that regard! A decent or better QB can bring stability to an organization, which means preserving the coaching staff which can carry over into the rest of the team not having to learn new playbooks every 1-2 seasons.

If their drafting is so bad, I think they should consider trading for someone else's veteran QB who's on the cusp of retirement age. I'd call up Belichick and ask how many 1st-2nd rounders they want for Brady. It could revitalize the Browns and we know the Pats are not averse to letting go of veterans for draft picks, especially since Garoppolo seems like a solid starter already. Philip Rivers or Drew Brees could be other possibilities, especially since neither team are Superbowl material anyways.

Yeah. It all comes down to QB play for the most part. You need to have a good QB to compete in this league and I think everyone knows that. Grabbing an older veteran QB could be something that jump starts them into some wins and rejuvenate the team. I agree there. It would be something temporary (1-3 seasons) before they can properly groom someone. I don't think I could see the Brady trade, even for a couple of 1sts. I could possibly see Phillip Rivers but the poor guy would probably retire before he takes a snap for the Browns. lol

2 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

If their drafting is so bad, I think they should consider trading for someone else's veteran QB who's on the cusp of retirement age. I'd call up Belichick and ask how many 1st-2nd rounders they want for Brady.

the pats wouldnt even entertain the thought unless the offer was outrageous.  its hard to put a value on brady like that, especially given his age

he would probably end up retiring pretty soon if it happened as well.

Romo could be interesting, but his injury record might scare them off since they have not had much luck with that themselves

44 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

CLE is keeping it close in Baltimore. I'll be interested to see the score in the morning. If CLE is going to win one, it almost certainly has to be this game.

Edit: AAAAAAAAAaaaand just as I say that, BAL goes up 19 - 7. Not over yet with over a quarter to go, but yeah...

They lost the second they benched Kessler.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly haven't watched any of the game, been watching the Heat/Bulls and now Lakers/Kings but seen the Browns are down 28-7 LOL. They have 0-16 written all over them. What a boring game to have on Thursday Night!

The Browns did have a 7-3 lead haha.  I don't know about you, but I am impressed with the Lakers?  I can't believe there 5-4, I know it's early but there future is bright imo.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, Moose Of Woe said:

Remaining schedule:

-Ravens

-Steelers

-Giants

-Bengals

-Bills

-Chargers

-Steelers

The Ravens next week are probably their last, best hope to win a game this season. MAYBE the Bills will have one of their infamous 4th quarter choke jobs, but beyond that?

No freebies at the end, either. The Chargers and Steelers,  who are already superior teams, will be fighting for playoff spots. Then again even if they rested their starters they'd still probably beat the Browns.  That baseball analyst John DePodesta sure worked out great.

Those last 6 are hard rides.....and needed wins for all those teams..

Its hard to go 0-16...but........if you try hard enough.....well...

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, ReMeDy said:

I imagine Hue Jackson will get fired if they go 0-16. I mean, how do you NOT fire a coach who goes 0-16? What kind of message would that be sending to the organization and fan-base?

They might be so bad that you DONT fire him.......its a point less gesture

......stay with a little bit of stability.....

...the message you would send would be...'our team is bad...it obviously isn't the coach's fault...but we're firing him anyway just because

I think they may be able to beat the Bengals. I thought they might take the Ravens or at least cover the points in that game but oops, guess not. I fell asleep in that game when it was low scoring and woke up and found out the Ravens smacked them around in the end.

This is one of the single worst teams I have EVER seen. Amazing too, Cavs win the championship and the Indians go to game 7 of the World Series. And the Browns can't even win "a game".

They did have that chance earlier to beat Miami but blew it in regulation.......

I have a feeling that Cleveland will win at least one game, although I have no idea which it could be. Some team is going to underestimate them; that's when Cleveland will pull an upset. It must be difficult to go winless all season, otherwise more teams would do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 9:29 AM, teganslaw said:

I have a feeling that Cleveland will win at least one game, although I have no idea which it could be. Some team is going to underestimate them; that's when Cleveland will pull an upset. It must be difficult to go winless all season, otherwise more teams would do it.

You have more enthusiasm over them than I do.

On 11/20/2016 at 0:31 PM, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

At some point something has to done about the Browns. They constantly have lottery picks every year. IMO ruining college players careers by going to Cleveland and STILL Cleveland goes on to somehow stink up the joint. When was the last time they had a winning record??? The Browns should just be  abolished permanently.

They did go 10-6 one time in the mid 2000s I think.