Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Packers Game Day Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Well, my take... if you are going to rely on your D, why not make it clear that you're going for it/in 4 down territory (Rodgers probably would have ran it on that 3rd down, had he known that they were gonna kick a FG on 4th, to at least make it close enough to consider going for it...he said he thought they were going to go for it on 4th, and so he took a shot at the endzone instead).... all that aside, go for it on 4th... if you dont get it, you still have the 2 min warning and 3 timeouts and the Bucs would have been pinned DEEP instead of having a good return and shorter field and you're still relying on your D (if you didnt get the TD)
    • That's some crazy stuff in your post. Exactly why Greatest of All Time should never be used. Greatest of His Time, is a lot more accurate, in pretty much every Greatest argument.
    • Not really.. Not in the way I'm mentioning it anyway. Maybe you've got some examples, but the amount of division over Rivers coming on board last year was noticeable. Lot's of folks thought JB should have the job again for example, some thought bringing in Brady was the better move (crap..) some wanted to draft a guy to start ect.   I was an early adopter of the idea of Rivers coming in because it got the team to move on from JB (had to happen) and it had "SAFE" written all over it- which meant that the team couldn't come up with good reasons to not do it- which seems to be the way these things shake out sometimes.   I want Stafford far more than I wanted Rivers, but I have my doubts that Ballard will be the high bidder, going to the Lions with multiple picks. But he probably should, tbh. This QB situation could go full Bears or Browns on us...    
    • Brady is the best post season QB over the last 20 years. Manning is the best regular season QB over the past 20 years.
    • I have been one of the voices being very critical of Reich’s not taking 3pts, but yesterday was an entirely different situation.  Yesterday, I said that he had to go for it, for you cannot depend on forcing a 3 and out.  Ergo, that you might not get the ball back.  If the circumstance was different, like if it was early in the 4th quarter, then the FG makes sense.  Did not make sense with barely over 2 minutes to go, though.  Hence, I dispute the broad brush stroke you make regarding some of us that have been critical of Reich’s hyper aggressive approach in making questionable choices of surrendering points, EARLY in games.  Perilously late in a game is simply not apples vs apples.
  • Members

• HerkeyHorseshoe

HerkeyHorseshoe 20

• ukcolt12

ukcolt12 42

• dew5150

dew5150 110

• bsteves

bsteves 108

• coltsblue1844

coltsblue1844 145

• ColtsTone