Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our WRs threw Luck under the bus after the game. They're quitters.

zibby43

I watched the game and did not see to much motivation on anyone parts during the game. WR just was not getting open when they were luck had happy feet, the coaching staff seems to get away from the short game, Always looking for the home run. luck trying to make something happen and making mistakes. the O-line was not at all good, and the opponents TE again was the colts worst nightmare. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE Moncriefs game but it seems as the years go on and he gets more attention, he's trying to be too cute.  Not trying to sound high and mighty or judgemental, just looks that way.  I do agree with whoever posted that it's sickening seeing guys dancing and celebrating when we are losing and by a considerable margin, I miss the days and the players who just handled business and acted like they've been there before.  Cliche, but that's always been my type of player.  Like last week Edwin Jackson had a couple nice hits and tackles, but after at least a 5 yard gain, and then jumps up like he made the play of the day.. I understand the emotion and being fired up playing and in first extended NFL action, but still what happened to the guys that just acted like that's their job and what they do.. and celebrate I love to see it but do it when you're making a tackle for loss or sack or stuffing a gain... Just rambling my bad... but it's like... nothing worse than seeing something like a db give up 13 on a 3rd and 10 but he makes a nice hit and gets up like "yeah, take that!" And celebrates... lol that's the NFL in 2016 for us.

& I have questions about if you guys see the same things.  2 things. and I know a few mentioned it yesterday on twitter and the forum, but our receivers running at half speed?... just seems so odd looking and not something I'm used to...and then on certain plays/routes I'll notice TY (usually) will kind of bounce or hop after the snap, taking an extra second to take off upfield and get into his route.  I imagine it's something to clear out before he goes to work, but with pressure and line problems it just seems like it lags, and it's something I feel like I've never seen until the last year or two and I don't get it... anyone else ever notice?

Yeah. Luck was bad. But that what do you expect? He is the most hit and pressured Qb for four straigth years now, for four straight year he has to carry the whole team on his shoulders with almost no help. It was only a question of time that the hits and the pressures demand their tribute. So guys like Dorsett or Moncrief better shut the # up, they haven't done anything in their career right now.

5 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I don't get why they put TY out there if he was hurt. It's not much of a decoy when every man and his dog knew he couldn't run full speed.

Likely because we didn't have another WR, WR Chester Rodgers was not active.  And WR Streeter dropped balls on his few attempts. 

5 hours ago, zibby43 said:

... Sick of seeing guys like Moncrief and Walden (admittedly two of the team's better players) celebrating/dancing when the team is being taken to the woodshed.  ...

This!

I commented to my wife, quit the celebrating, you guys are LOSING!  I hate it when players are mindless about the larger situation.  Yeah, you made something happen, but dude, look at the scoreboard.  Move on to the next play, because there still a lot of work to be done before you are deserving of a celebration!

When I played hockey, I was usually on a crap team.  I scored a lot, but rarely would I celebrate and never did I celebrate if we were well down, for there is NOTHING to celebrate if the team is still down.  

Hate it, individual celebration without consideration for the team's in-game situation.

5 hours ago, SkyBane said:

It's a narrative that's been pushed about his entire career by famed Indiana broadcast troll Dan Dakich. Much like the fact Luck is over rated and the defense isn't that bad. He's a man of many hot taeks.

Dakich will defend his boy Grigson alll day though.  

All this playing bad is coming from bad coaching. Fact Tony D. Colts had the less Turnovers and Penalties in the NFL he always concentrated on the details of things so they wouldn't beat themselves.  The Coaching is really reflecting on the player. Defense  and Offense. CHUD's Offense is so predictable. Defense bad play calling running man on PLAY MAKING PLAYERS when we do not have the Player to do that. The coaching staff is the BIGGEST problem. Chuck P needs to go have a Heart to Heart with Tony D. and some other Hall of Fame coachs so he knows how real Coachs coach.  

Don't get me started on the GM #FIRERYAN 

Luck was terrible on several fronts - his passes were sailing high or behind, he did not take first open read several times (looking further most of the time), he did not lead his wide outs well etc. Sometimes, I wish he would just dink and dunk like Carson Wentz and live to fight for another down with a short completion than an incompletion or turnover. It seems like the early Peyton days when Peyton would not take a check down and always look further for completions to play hero. 

That is the best way to compensate for the OL. So what if it is just a 5 or 6 yard completion to the wide outs, take it!!! I was screaming as soon as the first read came open several times underneath at the screen, Luck would not flat out take it. I definitely agree with what some of the WRs are saying. You do not get wide open like college for several seconds at the NFL level, when you see a couple of feet of separation underneath, place it where only your wide out can get it. Luck's accuracy has a long way to go, IMO.

I am not someone that bashes Luck typically but Luck did have a terrible game. However, the wide outs could keep it in house and not bring it up to the media, that is where they are wrong.

I'm going to say something that will probably hurt a lot of feelings, but whatever: 

TY Hilton disappears as soon as he faces a decent defense. 

He's not big enough to escape double teams. 

He also either goes down immediately if he catches the ball in traffic, or he won't catch it if he thinks he'll take a hit. (the last part I sort of understand, but don't play football if you are scared to get hit) 

Moncreif is legit. If he wasn't hurt this whole time, I believe he'd be having career numbers. 

Dorsett made a great adjustment and came back for an under thrown ball against the Chiefs, but he has been a non-factor all year. I'm not quite ready to call him a bust, but he either needs to learn how to run routes and create separation, or just be sent out deep every play since all he can do right now (it seems) is run fast. 

This WR group was tied (at the beginning of the game) for the most drops in the league. That's pathetic. 

This is what 3-5 teams do, the tensions are starting to mount. Players begin to point fingers and act salty when a reporter starts asking what players will ultimately deem as "unfair" questions. It's all fun & games with the media when you're scoring TDs and rattling off wins, everyone's all smiles and laughs, but when the losses start to pile up, not as fun to talk to those guys writing the stories.

5 hours ago, SkyBane said:

It's a narrative that's been pushed about his entire career by famed Indiana broadcast troll Dan Dakich. Much like the fact Luck is over rated and the defense isn't that bad. He's a man of many hot taeks.

Dakich is an arrogant fool. He should limit his comments to basketball where he knows the sport. In football he's just one of us.

36 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Luck was terrible on several fronts - his passes were sailing high or behind, he did not take first open read several times (looking further most of the time), he did not lead his wide outs well etc. Sometimes, I wish he would just dink and dunk like Carson Wentz and live to fight for another down with a short completion than an incompletion or turnover. It seems like the early Peyton days when Peyton would not take a check down and always look further for completions to play hero. 

That is the best way to compensate for the OL. So what if it is just a 5 or 6 yard completion to the wide outs, take it!!! I was screaming as soon as the first read came open several times underneath at the screen, Luck would not flat out take it. I definitely agree with what some of the WRs are saying. You do not get wide open like college for several seconds at the NFL level, when you see a couple of feet of separation underneath, place it where only your wide out can get it. Luck's accuracy has a long way to go, IMO.

I am not someone that bashes Luck typically but Luck did have a terrible game. However, the wide outs could keep it in house and not bring it up to the media, that is where they are wrong.

Luck didn't play extremely well, but I think a lot of that was because he was getting hit so much.  And the receivers weren't really doing a great job of getting open.  The coaches need to tell Luck to stop looking for the deep play all the time and just take what the defense gives him. 

24 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

This is what 3-5 teams do, the tensions are starting to mount. Players begin to point fingers and act salty when a reporter starts asking what players will ultimately deem as "unfair" questions. It's all fun & games with the media when you're scoring TDs and rattling off wins, everyone's all smiles and laughs, but when the losses start to pile up, not as fun to talk to those guys writing the stories.

Case in point: Cam Newton

Sounds like Pagano is losing the team, instead of chopping wood he may need to start slinging hay haha. At 3-5 we are toast, cant lose to teams like Jacks and Houston so the writing was on the wall a few weeks ago. I was just holding out hope they would keep improving and beating a team like KC would've shown that. Instead it's the worse game we played all season.

6 hours ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

How in the hell have Hilton been inconsitant this year??? He's having one of his best seasons so far.

When people say someone is a top WR, they expect them to have 100+ every game. Some people believe that anyway 

Hilton isn't really respected by the media or other fans really. But people overlook the fact that Hilton is top 5 this season. But they'll cheer on Julio Jones. Don't get me wrong, Julio is a great WR. But he was very underwhelming until that 300 yard game. That padded his stats quite a bit 

I seen a tweet of a Hilton naysayer who said he was overpaid because he only showed up in the wins, not the losses. 

You know this team is heading into chaos.  Wait till A Rod comes in next week * about losing to Falcons in a close game.  I don't blame the players on offense.  Yes we dropped a ton of balls this year.  But if you had a defense like the Colts do it's hard to go out and give it your all every play.  Plus the WR probably like why try to get open when Luck gets hit in 2-3 seconds of the ball being snapped.  This team is super bad this year.  Peyton is a GOAT the more we see this team play the more I appreciate Peyton.  Luck is not Peyton not even Brady can be like Peyton.  So Luck can't mask this horrible team with his plays.  Luck damn near has to have a perfect game every single game we play to even keep the game close.  Irsay do us all a favor and fire Grigson and Pagano.  We can let our rookies play rest of season to evaluate the team.  Hire someone smarter then OLINE Grigson.  For someone that use to be an Oline man he sure doesn't know how to look for them.  

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

this is 100% on coaching. sorry but it is. If players aren't paying attention, that's a lost locker room. PAGANO MUST GO

These quotes are the definition of a lost locker room.  Players not caring and deferring blame to others.  As much as I hate hitting the panic button, if things are as bad as they look, they need to get rid of Pagano before the end of the season.  A lost locker room can result into long term effects that can divide and destroy the team. 

3 hours ago, MR. Blueblood said:

There is plenty of blame to go around for everybody for this debacle and the 4 others that have given us the record we have.  While Moncrief could've and should've gave a little more effort on the INT, Luck should've thrown the ball to a better spot.  When you're running an out pattern towards the sideline to get a catch and run out of bounds to stop the clock you don't throw the ball back to the inside shoulder of the receiver making it an easy play for the DB you throw it to the outside shoulder where only your WR can make the play or it goes incomplete.  I love Luck, wouldn't trade him for any other QB in the league right now, but he had a poor game.  The day he learns to consistently lead a receiver with the ball so they can get yards after the catch instead of jumping for a ball or trying to turn around to catch one thrown behind him etc then he'll take that next step towards being an elite QB.  The whole team stunk yesterday, guess none of them were paying attention.  I know I was until about 5 mins left of the 4th quarter when I got up out of my seat to leave LOS and make the long trek back to the car for a long ride home after watching yet another crappy Colts performance.

moncrief should have tackled the defender to prevent that int. 

take the offense PI there!! don't just run out of bounds

14 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

When people say someone is a top WR, they expect them to have 100+ every game. Some people believe that anyway 

Hilton isn't really respected by the media or other fans really. But people overlook the fact that Hilton is top 5 this season. But they'll cheer on Julio Jones. Don't get me wrong, Julio is a great WR. But he was very underwhelming until that 300 yard game. That padded his stats quite a bit 

I seen a tweet of a Hilton naysayer who said he was overpaid because he only showed up in the wins, not the losses. 

I agree.  Antonio Brown has had 39 receiving yards in two games this year.  Julio Jones has had games where he's had 16, 29, and 29 reception yards.  AJ Green has gone for 38 and 50 yards in two games this year.  You can't expect a guy to get 100 yards each game, even if he is a clear #1 receiver.

9 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

moncrief should have tackled the defender to prevent that int. 

take the offense PI there!! don't just run out of bounds

he was heading out of bounds due to the nature of the route and turned to try and catch a ball that was thrown to the wrong spot, do you know how hard physically that would be for him to do what you just asked of him to do?

Place the blame where it goes, Luck threw a bad ball

11 minutes ago, Corndog said:

These quotes are the definition of a lost locker room.  Players not caring and deferring blame to others.  As much as I hate hitting the panic button, if things are as bad as they look, they need to get rid of Pagano before the end of the season.  A lost locker room can result into long term effects that can divide and destroy the team. 

agreed

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree.  Antonio Brown has had 39 receiving yards in two games this year.  Julio Jones has had games where he's had 16, 29, and 29 reception yards.  AJ Green has gone for 38 and 50 yards in two games this year.  You can't expect a guy to get 100 yards each game, even if he is a clear #1 receiver.

^THIS

1 minute ago, MR. Blueblood said:

he was heading out of bounds due to the nature of the route and turned to try and catch a ball that was thrown to the wrong spot, do you know how hard physically that would be for him to do what you just asked of him to do?

Place the blame where it goes, Luck threw a bad ball

the blame is on luck but moncreif has to try and help his team there

he made no attempt on the ball at all.  that's where you take a cheap shot at the defender and take the penalty.  I disagree that he could not have done anything there

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Trade them all for help on D or picks. Then put Rodgers and Tevaun Smith in, they can drop passes too... How bad do you think our FO wishes they could get a late first for Dorsett right about now?

Late first?  If they can get a 3rd round pick, that would be eye-opening.  No one is going to give up a late first for a receiver who can't stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the blame is on luck but moncreif has to try and help his team there

he made no attempt on the ball at all.  that's where you take a cheap shot at the defender and take the penalty.  I disagree that he could not have done anything there

I didn't say he couldn't have done anything to help, just that you asking him to tackle the defender in that circumstance just isn't physically possible, IMO.  A properly placed ball and we don't have to have a discussion over what Moncreif should and shouldn't have done.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Late first?  If they can get a 3rd round pick, that would be eye-opening.  No one is going to give up a late first for a receiver who can't stay healthy.

It's not just about staying healthy. Even when he's healthy he gets stuck on contact and can't play through it. What's the point of running 4.3 40 when you cannot get past simple handfighting with your defender?

4 hours ago, YourNextGM said:

Dude,  I don't blame him for the gm.  I'm talking about his mentality. He's too nice. Brady would curse out every wr that's complaining.  

I'd trade Moncreif and Dorsett.  I prefer Chester over Dorsett.  Chester seems to get open. 

How do you know what he is saying 'behind closed doors';......? 

There is a reason I stopped reading Doyle a long time ago.  Looks like nothing's changed.  He is example one of why I hate today's media.  Yell loud, get clicks, push your agenda no matter how you have to twist things.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsett said, "we were getting open"......."but even Andrew, as great as he is, needs more time."  That would ruin the story of course.  What passes for media today is wretched.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's not just about staying healthy. Even when he's healthy he gets stuck on contact and can't play through it. What's the point of running 4.3 40 when you cannot get past simple handfighting with your defender?

I agree, that's why as a coach or OC you should recognize that and put him into motion to try and prevent him from getting jammed up at the line as much as possible